It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apache Gattling Gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   
dont we all just love big-boys.com

www.big-boys.com...

*fixed caps lock title*

[edit on 23-2-2005 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I laughed till tears ran down my face, this footage is sweet!

My only complaint is that there is no actual footage from the apache.
The apache doesn't have a gatling gun like those in the footage, it has a single barrel, not a six barreld monster like those crew served weapons.

As a great piece of footage, i rate this a 8.5 out of 10! well worth the watch!! ROFL ROFL ROFL. ( I want one! )

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Holy mother of jesus i wouldnt wanna get in the way of that thing

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
If you u2u me with your email, i will send you a small clip of the fighting in falluja, and what a ten round burst from a crew mounted gatling does to an insurgent with an RPG.

Its shows the power of the gun, and the brutality of war. Please, on that note, only U2u me if you are old enough, and mature enought to accept that war is hell, and we the watchers can either laugh, cry, or join up.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
That's a M136 mounted on a UH-1 Iroquoi "Huey", that's a 7.62x51mm 6 barrel minigun, it can fire up to 6000 rounds per minute, the gun in this video seems to be equipted with Tracer rounds probably with HE/Incendiary warheads, very impressive video.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If you want to see what the 30mm Apache machine gun can do(it is a single barrel) - take a look here.

** Warning - Even though this is night vision, some veiwers may find it disturbing **

www.chairfarce.com...

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Starwars51]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Well spotted Ground Zero. Yup! It certainly is a Huey with side mounted 7.62mm Miniguns. AND it's not even a Huey Cobra or Super Huey!

However, rates of fire (rounds per minute [rpm]) are as follows:-

Slow rate = 2,500 rpm;

Medium rate = 6,000 rpm and hard to control (as seen on the vid)

Fast rate = 12,500 rpm - although this higher rate of fire is usually only used on the Spectre gunship!

The footage is just about as good as I've seen but lots of collateral.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Holy crap thats insane. I heard a soldier from Iraq saying that weponry like that can easily turn a human being into hamburger.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
the other footage from that video is from a hughes 500 `defender` and was taken by the BBC (in the uk) for a tv programme called `top gear` , it was of a presenter shooting up a corvette in a desert in the usa , and mounted twin `pod` mounted guns.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i was wondering, for every tracer that we see, how many arounds are fired that cant be seen?

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
the other footage from that video is from a hughes 500 `defender` and was taken by the BBC (in the uk) for a tv programme called `top gear` , it was of a presenter shooting up a corvette in a desert in the usa , and mounted twin `pod` mounted guns.

Thr helicopter hosing down targets with twin miniguns is a MH-160 Little BIrd as used by the US 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by Harlequin

Thr helicopter hosing down targets with twin miniguns is a MH-160 Little BIrd as used by the US 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment.

if you say so - then how is there a corvette being cut up?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
its getting shot at from a minigun on a SUV. it was shot by monster garage

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
KILLARK,
The Heuy video is awesome great find !
HARLEQUIN,
What is this other ' TOP GEAR' video that you are talking about??

I've seen that Apache video before, infact I 've got it. Thats pretty cool too.
The huey video looks more like a training video that a video about iraq to me because the ease with which the guys are just gunning every thing down. But i wouldn't be suprised if it is the real thing.
Great find BTW

IAF

[edit on 1-3-2005 by IAF101]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Actually on alot closer inspection the video is footage of Mike Dillan. It is not from Iraq but from the western USA. If you look at the end of the clip, it actually says Dillan Aero.

Top Gear is a tv show in the UK ,about cars - except the presenter `Jeremy Clarkson` on an episode a few years back went to the uk , and shot up a `vette.

www.bbc.co.uk...

not usre of its on that page - but therea na apache video on there

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i think it was my uncle who designed the weapons and communications for the apache. ill ask him next time i see him.... if its true he kicks ass!

top topics

join