It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whos the next super nation after USA is finally destroyed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DIEGLOKE2
Too obvious.
Most superpowers come out of nowhere.

Can you name ONE, from history, that "came out of nowhere"?
They might appear so, if people aren't paying attention. In practice, their power grows by increments until they can outweigh older rivals, especially if rivals suffer misfortunes.
Any good historical atlas will have maps showing the growth of Russia, the growth of the United States, the growth of Pruusia into Imperial Germany, and so on.
In this case, (since history is not a detective novel) the most obvious rival is likely to be the right answer.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Nice topic, I will give my two cents and speculate a little.

The question sort of answers itself: The next super-nation after the US is destroyed is very likely to be the one that is second to the USA right now.

The fall of the US would create one helluva power-void that only one other nation has the fortitude to take real advantage of:

Russia.

They have crossed a line that China has failed to cross. The chaos is behind Russia already. China will go through an awakening crisis of sorts in time that will likely leave it severely weakened-----even moreso than Russia after the fall of the USSR.

I imagine they will take Canada about ten minutes after the USA falls at the very least, lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Prene

China

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: DIEGLOKE2
Too obvious.
Most superpowers come out of nowhere.

Can you name ONE, from history, that "came out of nowhere"?
They might appear so, if people aren't paying attention. In practice, their power grows by increments until they can outweigh older rivals, especially if rivals suffer misfortunes.
Any good historical atlas will have maps showing the growth of Russia, the growth of the United States, the growth of Pruusia into Imperial Germany, and so on.
In this case, (since history is not a detective novel) the most obvious rival is likely to be the right answer.

UK was pretty random. A backward medieval resource poor island rules 3/4 of the world.

Mongolia to was random.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DIEGLOKE2
But that again was a gradual growth, exactly what I'm talking about.
In the seventeenth century, they were just after France and Spain in European politics, third equal with Holland.
In the eighteenth century, they had overhauled Holland, were beating France in terms of military power, but were still behind Spain in terms of territory.
Only in the nineteenth century were they pushing ahead of everybody else.
Moving up from third position to second position to first position is not coming out of nowhere.
"Coming out of nowhere" implies jumping straight from fiftieth position to first, and that's the kind of thing that doesn't happen in history.
China were in third position, and have arguably moved up to second. If they could take control of the sea-lanes, that would be enough to give them first place.

edit on 14-9-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

yes. it doesnt matter.
why the call back though?

i'd go for israel btw.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
If the states did fall, and all the superpowers are battered an bruised from exhausting WW an the us became un-inhabitable ...Canada, due to an exodus if it were.

It just won't be called Canada any more. Russia ,China or India are more realistic candidates.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

oh second part is for me too? i dont know i was reading a thread in who to rescue thread during a storm. i value opinions i guess and you are not the only one with an opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
how about you imagine for a second usa wouldnt be destoryed and relax in that thought for a while?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Canada

they have a ton of natural resources. timber, oil, water
they have thousands of miles of livable space that still has old growth trees on it.
they are sheltered from hostile nations by the pacific on one side, the atlantic on the other, the arctic circle on another side, and the U.S. on its southern border.

and overall a nice group of people.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
England.

It's always been England.

It'll always be England, as long as the square mile exists.

England uses the metric system now. The US is probably the last country that uses Imperial measurements. Once the US is gone, so is the square mile.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

Canada

they have a ton of natural resources. timber, oil, water
they have thousands of miles of livable space that still has old growth trees on it.
they are sheltered from hostile nations by the pacific on one side, the atlantic on the other, the arctic circle on another side, and the U.S. on its southern border.

and overall a nice group of people.

Polite, too.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

yes. obviously.

so we talked about myself..how about you. if we can do it about me we can do it about you..wouldnt be off topic. am i right?

i am interested. I dont know much about you. so that merkeba thing..what is it like? some sort of talisman? who makes these talismans? you have any personal opinions?

edit on 14-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

The Square Mile refers to "The City", London's financial district.

We still use Imperial for lots of things. No-one in England is thinking in km.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

China.

China? Seriously?

No. Spanish. They steal, kill, rape, murder, kill some more, rape some more, avoid taxes, and because we can’t call a Mexican a Mexican because “racial profiling”, we can’t stop them from voting either. Which means destruction by undercover burrito wielding, raping, citizenry.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I vote Wales doing it's own brexit and coming from way behind for the win!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join