It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas explosions possible SCADA hack of gas company?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Hopefully the corporate IT security practices are up to the challenge. Unfortunately, we see that many large companies are ignoring sound security practices.

Obviously not the case in all industries but when it comes to critical national infrastructure like what I work with it's not just corporate IT that has an interest in our systems but the state. I know our company works very closely with government.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Pipes can handle it like nothing. The same would happen if you run your common low pressure NG stove on a PB bottle without a regulator - those things that you turn to release the gas would pop out and cause the leak. It seems that only some stoves had this weak point though.

So is it a false flag or what? Who would be willing to do it in such a climate when a war and rumors of war are hanging in the air?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The company was installing equipment on the lines in the area. Probably not a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The company was installing equipment on the lines in the area. Probably not a coincidence.

Agreed I don’t think a hack caused the issues in the homes.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Whether hacked or not, of course, sounds hat it has t directly do with ailing infrastructure. Now imagine how prevalent these are in heavily populated areas.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Whether hacked or not, of course, sounds hat it has t directly do with ailing infrastructure. Now imagine how prevalent these are in heavily populated areas.

What if the meters installed by the local gas utility had faulty pressure regulators that allowed them to pass too much pressure through the homes gas lines causing a leak?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Finally someone that thinks like I do

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Yup exactly, even catastrophic human error.

-Sending regards

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: dreamingawake

What if the meters installed by the local gas utility had faulty pressure regulators that allowed them to pass too much pressure through the homes gas lines causing a leak?

From what i have heard, this was a low pressure delivery system, hence no regulators at the houses themselves, just meters. I cannot find the source where I read this at.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join