It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what do you want to do with your life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Dude, blizzard entertainment? Hell yeah man. Tell em re do Warcraft 3 with online jackassery custom games. The frozen throne expansion blew my mind back in the day and I still play a Starcraft 2 match now and again. Life of a peasant, that was my # haha.

I am so sad that Blizzard bailed on their plans for a first person console Starcraft game years back.

Good for ya!
edit on 13-9-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
originally posted by: SirHardHarry
a reply to: trollz

Does the job you do for salary matter or is it simply about the salary/security? Honest question.

Well, I'm sure there are lots of jobs I'd feel satisfied in, but there are two main factors for me. Aside from the obvious of earning enough to be comfortable and afford necessities like food, housing and emergencies, I need to live somewhere where I can spend my free time enjoying nature and seasons. I need to be able to get out and roam the forests and mountains. Without that, no amount of money could ever make me feel alive or satisfied. Sure, I'd like to make more as opposed to less, but I don't need money to sit in the woods. Second, I'd like a career that allows me to make use of my intelligence to some extent. I have a tested 142 IQ and would like a career that allows me to feel like I'm not wasting my ability on an unskilled position that anyone can do. Yeah, if I really wanted to, I could be some kind of rocket scientist or neurosurgeon, but as long as I earn enough to be comfortable, have nature to enjoy, and aren't in an unskilled position alongside coworkers with half my IQ, I can find peace.

You're in Florida. Warm beaches all around.

"Warm" is hell for me. To me, anything above 50 is hot. I'm used to going out in the snow in shorts and a tshirt. Florida is torture. I honestly hope when I die it's of hypothermia, because I love the feeling of heat being sucked out of my body and being frozen stiff. I LOVED it when my hands would get so stiff I could barely use them. It's probably a miracle I still have all my fingers and toes. UGHGOD I MISS THE COLD.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Oh man, i feel for you. Florida truly is a hell hole. Same goes for Alabama and Georgia. Complete misery down there.

But good luck on Monday! I mean it. I finally finally finally landed a foot in the door IT job. I start monday actually and I am ecstatic. I should bring in twice as much in the following year as I ever have before in my entire life, without the physical labor part. I could not be happier, and actually feel 'blessed' for the first time in a long time.

I even took a reefer break for the DT.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
22 year career in the IT field, just started with Blizzard Entertainment for this phase of that career.

Dude. Massive congratulations. Blizzard is amazing.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I would recommend Colorado all day. It is enchanting, but also has big metro areas for consumerism fun.

Unfortunately, the cost of living here mainly rent has absolutely skyrocketed in the past few years. If one moves out here without a job lined up they will be homeless or living with roomies in a motel room. Wish that was not the case, but hopefully the bubbles pops soon.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype

Oh man, i feel for you. Florida truly is a hell hole. Same goes for Alabama and Georgia. Complete misery down there.

But good luck on Monday! I mean it. I finally finally finally landed a foot in the door IT job. I start monday actually and I am ecstatic. I should bring in twice as much in the following year as I ever have before in my entire life, without the physical labor part. I could not be happier, and actually feel 'blessed' for the first time in a long time.

Thanks! I know how you feel. It gets really depressing really quick when you've been applying to jobs all over the place and keep getting turned down. A little bit of hope goes a long way. I keep myself going by telling myself I'll eventually be able to get out of this heat. One step at a time.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lightdhype

I would recommend Colorado all day. It is enchanting, but also has big metro areas for consumerism fun.

Unfortunately, the cost of living here mainly rent has absolutely skyrocketed in the past few years. If one moves out here without a job lined up they will be homeless or living with roomies in a motel room. Wish that was not the case, but hopefully the bubbles pops soon.

I was actually considering Colorado for a time, but at this point I've mostly decided on Oregon. Yesterday, some parts were over 30 degrees cooler than where I currently am. There's lots of tech jobs out there, as well as a bunch of law enforcement opportunities all over the state should I decide to go that route instead of IT.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Fair enough, I have always wanted to visit the PNW as it is beautiful and I have heard it is culturally similar to Colorado. Also, it has been 91 degrees here the past few days. So we totally do still get hot arid summers here despite cold snowy winters. Id say 4 months a year here are warm ~60 degrees. 2 of them hot most of the time 70 to 90+.

But one thing about here is that dryness. It is almost always zero percent humidity, and while that takes some getting used too.. It is amazingly crisp. Even on today which was 90 degrees plus, I will go on a bike ride later and it will be nice and cool. Low 50s. Air crisp and fresh as one can get.

That was my main thing about down south, the god forsaken humidity. All day everyday.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

I want to have, own, run a book store.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
a reply to: SirHardHarry

Real job - Salaried position that pays a livable wage, as opposed to something like $10/hr part-time.

My degree is in a certain IT field. I actually have an interview tomorrow for an IT assistant position, so it's a foot in the door at least... Right now my only focus is to save up enough money to move elsewhere for work, since I made the mistake of moving to the sh*ttiest state in the country (Florida) 4 years ago and have been in miserable hell ever since.

Here in San Diego there are 100’s of IT jobs.

Look at Craigslist, many have sign on bonus.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
oh, i have no idea. love and beloved in return? even sometimes that loses its meaning. float like a feather? oh song!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
i will never have the money to do what i want to do

wouldnt mind opening up a jiu jitsu school and offer classes to 18 and under free

of course regular paying classes too

Its not that hard bro. And not that expensive. Find a spot to rent, put up a sign, advertise the shi out of it ON FB marketplace..

Join all the local FB swap and shop groups and post it in them every day. business licenses are cheap.

I bet you get at least 4 or 5 grand back on your tax return ? Thats enough to start your own thing.

Self defense classes are big right now. Working both jobs will suck but if it works you will be happier.

Your dream is very doable , you should do it..

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
maybe there is a big company to hire me and i wear my nice clothes just to show up there daily and they say hey good morning, it is nice we have you, it is better morning just because you are here. and i walk around a bit and show off.

I really liked this ideaa!!!

edit on 14-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I want to have, own, run a book store.

interesting. i like that

owning a book store is not my dream but i always said if i won the lottery i would be spending my time travelling looking for rare and first edition books.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Lol, you beat me to it. I was thinking of the same music video when I read the title of the thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I want to use my mind to see the future and control reality !!!

Sal

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the gratz with Blizzard..

It's a pretty damn amazing place.
The videos on YouTube about the campus and culture are spot on.
The great thing is you dont get in there without talent in your chosen field so there doesnt seem to be any dead weight at all with everyone being very passionate.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23763849]

I’d like to own, run a cafe/bookstore, would love to hire teens who need direction/help. Breaks my heart to see so many homeless teens

Would also love to see Missing 411 cases explained; having lived thru what I believe could have been a case.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Dead weight?
funny you chose that word. I am interested in passion very much. what sort of a passion?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Its not that hard bro. And not that expensive. Find a spot to rent, put up a sign, advertise the shi out of it ON FB marketplace..

Join all the local FB swap and shop groups and post it in them every day. business licenses are cheap.

I bet you get at least 4 or 5 grand back on your tax return ? Thats enough to start your own thing.

Self defense classes are big right now. Working both jobs will suck but if it works you will be happier.

Your dream is very doable , you should do it..

i get a few grand back but it is not that easy man.
insurance is a huge thing
mats are not cheap

i am a life long blue belt so i could teach people with zero experience but if i wanted to get real serious about it i would need to bring in someone at an advanced level. they nee to be paid.
to bring money in to just break even and not profit i could not have only white belts training. i would need an advanced belt so i would need people over 18 to charge.
rent.
utilities.

i still have to work full time.
need time to clean the mats.

its one of those lottery dreams.

thats part of it.

as i said below to DB i would like to be able to spend time collecting rare and first edition books.
i would like to set up a school with all new # and hire a head instructor black belt but be able to bring in other high level guys for seminars and guest spots.

of course i would have a place to train while not looking for books. i would not have to work anymore so maybe i could finally get my purple.

just one of those things

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join