It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oculus GO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Good evening everyone!!

For the past few months I've been exploring the VR world though youtube videos... I've been extremely curious about the VR world mainly because I've been a gamer since the age of 4... a good 35 years under my belt, and I've always dreamed of Virtual Reality since I was a young lad.

Well its here, and though its still in its infancy I know it will be the new biggest and greatest thing eventually...

My curiosity peeked a few months back when one of my friends needed spinal surgery and decided to invest in the Oculus Rift... my only question was...

Is it worth the money? ($600+ -- and a hefty computer)

He said "totally!" Though keep in mind without the video card and Cpu to support said system, you're looking at at least a grand bare minimum.

A few years back I got a headset designed for a phone for Xmas... so I decided to give that a try... and found it to be nifty but lacking...

A couple weeks ago i found the Oculus GO on their site... its been around for a while but i didn't realise it because i've never seriously looked into VR until recently... and since i wrote a thread about Virtual Reality below...

Your Experiences with VR

So as to get more feed back on the subject... basically to see if it would be worth my time... I decided to jump in Ballz first

At $329 i figured i could easily afford it... and would have no need for a new CPU since i just purchased a new Alienware anyways
(Which the Rift doesn't like... my video card is X'd off the list even though it can easily run it... Son of a &^$%#*$^%)

She just arrived today... its all set up and i've had a try...

The GO doesn't need a CPU the entire thing is in the headset which is extremely convienent!!

its light and comfortable... and to my amazement its actually very clear and crisp as opposed to the phone headset... I figured it damn well better be for the price and the fact that it is a dedicated device.

Its still basically out of the box at the moment... sitting here charging... getting ready for the night

a few beers and exploring the possibilities of my new toy sounds like some good fun to me...

But before i dive into this new world... IF anyone has bought this set... or any VR for that matter

Feel free to leave me some feed back... your experiences or recommendations for games or apps i might appreciated

Thanks ahead of time...

Heres to my first step into Virtual Reality!!

Cheers everyone

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Okay

1) do not let headset be in any sort of sunlight! It will ruin them with even being inside house with one window, always store away when not using.

2) absolutely no liquids/cleaners on the screens to clean them, only the cloth it came with.

Have fun!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

yup I read the info that comes with it

Thanks for the tips

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Careful, you'll go mad.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
How goes it with le 3D. I'm jealous and also broke.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: madkid

Haven't got into the 3D stuff yet... but the visuals on some of the "experiences" are fantastic!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Well ladies and gents...

So far 3 of my friendS are buying in Now...Like credit card in hand... one actually bought it at my house just after taking it off... lol

Just from a few demos...

edit on 16-9-2018 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: madkid

3D isn't bad actually, now that I've seen it...

Equivalent to a theatre 3D movie... but I've only seen it in pictures so far

top topics

join