It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA’s Dana Loesch Rants About ‘Thomas & Friends’ Characters, Puts Tanks In KKK Hoods

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
How could she not know this would be used against us?

makes you wonder

and who is us?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Lol. Dana’s video is spot on and actually pretty funny. They are trains. Making one of them black is weird. It assumes that all of the other trains are white and racist.

The question is.... did you watch the video and understand the absurdity and sarcasm before you posted it? Apparently not.

And then you get butthurt when people just assume that your story is a lie. Then when it is pointed out that it was a lie, You double down. ahahahahaaa. Left leaning media sucks. And you just realised it.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Lol. Dana’s video is spot on and actually pretty funny. They are trains. Making one of them black is weird. It assumes that all of the other trains are white and racist.

The question is.... did you watch the video and understand the absurdity and sarcasm before you posted it? Apparently not.

And then you get butthurt when people just assume that your story is a lie. Then when it is pointed out that it was a lie, You double down. ahahahahaaa. Left leaning media sucks. And you just realised it.
lmfao, I know it was pretty bad and sad.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

While I disagree with the Ku Klux Klan hoods she is right that this is politically correct move by the series producers for no other reason than political correctness , not sure the kids who watch the program care one way or the other if their are no racially diverse female trains in the series but the move does seem to smell of virtue signalling.

Wonder when they'll make the fat controller Trans ?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Source

“Thomas the Tank is now bringing gender balance to the show by adding girl trains. Seriously. One of those trains, Nia, will be from Kenya to add ethnic diversity to the show,” said Loesch. “And — which that by the way, that’s where it gets really strange to me because I’ve looked at ‘Thomas and Friends,’ at their pictures, and I see gray and blue. Am I to understand this entire time that Thomas and his trains were white? Because they all have gray faces. How do you bring ethnic diversity?”

The screen switched from a train sporting what was supposed to represent African-style patterns and a feminine face, to a photoshopped image of trains on enflamed tracks wearing KKK hoods.

“Oh, was it because, I see it. It was the white hoods,” joked Loesch. “And the burning train tracks. OK, fine, fair point. Fair. I get it. Thomas the Tank Engine has been a blight on race relations for far too long. Clearly, this is overdue. Right? Seriously? With trains,” said Loesch towards the end of her rant, accompanied by the image of the ‘Thomas & Friends’ characters donning KKK hoods and seated atop burning train tracks.”

Looks like she was criticizing the virtue signaling going on here.

But characterize any way you want.

This is exactly why I am skeptical of these types of he said/she said stories. It's NEVER the truth.

They literally took satire and are now screaming wolf over it.

Screw your bull# narrative.

Thanks for confirming what we all suspected.

In all seriousness though, Dana should have known the MSM would cherry pick and misrepresent her show in this manner.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

what else we gonna see it really makes me wonder

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

The funniest part is me constantly being told I am mad or hurt or offended.
Way off

I have my opinions and thus far they have not changed.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

The funniest part is me constantly being told I am mad or hurt or offended.
Way off

I have my opinions and thus far they have not changed.
You totally tripped when people were guessing that the story was misrepresented. What baffles me is why didn’t you notice that when you watched the video?

Or do you still think Dana was being racist?
edit on 14-9-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I watched it.
I have my opinion. It stands

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

And did I say racist?

My op was about her being butt hurt about the change to the show.
She sounded pretty bunged up about it.

She is clearly bothered by the change. Just like people being bothered by the cereal slogan change.

That was my point. Never said she was racist

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

makes you wonder

and who is us?

NRA members... sorry I thought it was obvious
edit on 14-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Read all posts again.
Every post directed at me misrepresented what I said and why I started the thread.

She was hurt cause omg a cartoon added some diversity. That was the point.

Must be too busy defending to see that

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

makes you wonder

and who is us?

Well if you are butt hurt about the cartoon then yeah. I mean you too

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

makes you wonder

and who is us?

Well if you are butt hurt about the cartoon then yeah. I mean you too

I think you should go back and read my post.. maybe slower?
I’m not butt hurt about a cartoon. I’m ashamed to be associated with Dana

If anyone is butthurt about a cartoon, it’s the person who started the thread about it

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Again.
Way off
Per usual

And why be ashamed?
It's satire
It's comedy
edit on 14-9-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

In this age we have to watch our p’s and q’s. How could she not know this would be used against us?

Its an age of Weaponized identity politics. Walking on eggshells opinionless is what the left wants.

The OP is still going to have his opinion regardless of it coming from bull#. The rest of us have to be ashamed to have an opinion.

We shouldnt have to worry about how people like the OP or the lying media will twist our words. Truth speaks for itself.
edit on 14 9 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 14 9 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

While I disagree with the Ku Klux Klan hoods she is right that this is politically correct move by the series producers for no other reason than political correctness , not sure the kids who watch the program care one way or the other if their are no racially diverse female trains in the series but the move does seem to smell of virtue signalling.

Wonder when they'll make the fat controller Trans ?

If the kids aren't going to care one way or the other, why does anyone else care what race the trains are? It's a kids show, they are talking trains, none of it is real. It shouldn't matter at all what the "races" of the trains are. If the producers/writers/whoever want to make a Kenyan train, so be it, and NO ONE should care about that.
The fact that she even mentioned something this ridiculous shows that she's only trying to rile up her base, because a portion of them are going to take it and run with it (as if the show's decision is a bad thing anyway, they're TALKING TRAINS) and it's going to end up being talked about for a few days, and she's going to get her ratings.

This is the definition of a nothing burger. There is literally nothing to talk about here. A kids TV show is making a train Kenyan. Big whoop.

The fact that anyone at all can look at this in any form of negative light is super depressing. Relax.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

The point is the obvious attempt at racial pandering in a situation where it is obviously unnecessary.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Racial inclusion, not pandering.

If I were a 6 year old African immigrant and found out that my favorite TV show is going to have a train that comes from where I was born, I'd be psyched.

Why's that a bad thing?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join