It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dalai Lama states that Europe is for Europeans

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SirHardHarry

it is mostly like someone who is permitted to live there. or else you are most likely named illegal.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Haha, pretty sure that counts as hate speech in Europe.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: DBCowboy

, given the context, the Dalai Lama was talking about the influx of Islamic folks.

Yeah. I am sure that is what you saw.

I bet you have a real cool car. Like "Night Rider". All the cool guys have cool cars.

But back on topic, just trying to place it in context.

You do have a cool car, don't you!

Actually, according to what he has posted in another thread he is a member of the American intelligence agency and can send agents to your house if you don't agree with his ideology.

So I am betting he has a James Bond car.

However, it is probably just a car bed.

You upset him.

Just apologize for the car bed line. It made him cranky.

But I do have an on-topic question.

Since you are Native American, how do you feel about this issue?

It must be amusing to see the white folks get all nationalistic and defensive and just have you sit back and say, "Been there done that".

To be honest?

Our Tribe isn't native to North America, so in a sense we were immigrants too.

Before the white man showed up, we spent a few thousand years raiding, killing, enslaving each other.

We developed a loose system of government where some Tribes were better than others, some were arbiters of Tribal disputes, we had a Tribal chief that usually had some sort of allegiance to a Tribe far away that helped smaller Tribes in exchange for fealty.

As a Native American, I don't see where we changed much at all under the new system. It's bigger, is all.

At the end of the day, there is always going to be the conquerors and the conquered. To the victor goes the spoils... in this case the country.

Which might explain my viewpoint on immigration...

Hope that helped...

edit on 14-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

An honest answer.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Holy #, you mean to tell me Native Americans weren't just going on vision quests, being one with nature, and passing the peace pipe with their neighbors living in some kind of Garden of Eden type paradise before the white man came? Mind like totally blown.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Thank you.

Truth is, they were much like everyone else living in the world at that time.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Holy #, you mean to tell me Native Americans weren't just going on vision quests, being one with nature, and passing the peace pipe with their neighbors living in some kind of Garden of Eden type paradise before the white man came? Mind like totally blown.

Yea.. sorry to ruin that for you.

Go watch Avatar a few times... you will feel better!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Thank you.

Truth is, they were much like everyone else living in the world at that time.

I think it's called the human condition.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Or words to that effect...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I just sat here for a bit and was trying to puzzle out the replies to my post to DC. Then it clicked... I am not used to thinking like that.

We all have cultures, things we were raised with, unique things we are taught to us by our parents, things that make us different. Our race is a part of that.

I make my own moccasins. I dance naked in the moonlight by a campfire in the summer. I have hunted the last 4 years with a bow that I made myself. I make my own medicine. I sometimes see visions in my sweat lodge.

That doesn't mean that I am a Native American.

We are now, for better or worse and for the last couple hundred of years, Americans.

We are all under the same flag, the same laws and are members of the same country.

There are those who wish to hyphenate America. Make it -Americans.

We are not that. History is exactly that... something in the past that we can learn from and grow.

Dwelling on the past serves no purpose.

Our identity needs to be Americans first, cultural ethnicity second. We should embrace who we are and where we came from, but it is up to all of us to move forward as one people.

Americans.

I hope that made some sense, because it actually made me mad enough to think that way that my English is not too good right now.

We are all, for better or worse, together in this fight.

So there needs to be some time where we realize that.

edit on 14-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Dwelling on the past can be useful. Not just to learn from mistakes but also to determine our direction. In many ways things are improving. And there is nothing wrong with appreciating your heritage.

To examine past events along one axis or dimension can be very interesting. The problem appears where one is consumed by this approach to to point of judging all things by this single factor. For example, George Washington had slaves, he is evil. We must destroys his statues and erase anything that honors him. This ignores all the great things he did. To be ashamed of our country's past over slavery ignores all our accomplishments. Mistakes can be remedied and things have improved in this respect.

One form of slavery that persisted into modern times is the military draft. People were pressed into service against their will. If the US is ever attacked, it could return. It only disappeared because of mechanization and more efficient weapons. We don't see this as much of a moral dilemma today. I think slavery was much the same back in the day. It's how they got things done. They enslaved people and animals. They rode horses. Used oxen to plow fields. Pressed people into service. They used debt slavery and still do today to some extent. It's just the way a large farm was run handed down from feudal times.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Most definitely. Any rational sensible person should realize that. Is part of where my snark came from. I'm part whole bunches of #, same as most people. People are people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join