It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, you can blame Trump for Hurricane Florence V 2.0

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
MOD EDIT

Anyway, a WAPO piece is blaming the Tman for Florence.

www.washingtonpost.com...

The original article I posted is now behind a paywall, but this looney on the WAPO editorial piece was suggesting that policies that have not even been rescinded yet, are causing current catastrophies. I mean, if these papers are taking their credibility seriously, then why are they promoting this stuff?

At the time of the original article Flo was 700 miles offshore.

edit on 13-9-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/13/2018 by semperfortis because: Unnecessary Drama

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
OK, V1 was killed by the mods for some dystopian reason, so TPTB said put it in here.

www.prisonplanet.com...

The original article I posted is now behind a paywall, but this looney on the WAPO editorial piece was suggesting that policies that have not even been rescinded yet, are causing current catastrophies. I mean, if these papers are taking their credibility seriously, then why are they promoting this stuff?

Hmm I wonder if Facebook will fact check WAPO ..

I was wondering why they trashed the first one. It made no sense. They could have just moved it here..
edit on 13-9-2018 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Well, it was an editorial piece....an opinion really. But I get whatcha mean, LOL.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

I think he caused it with the over-use of spray-tan and hair spray. Created too many chemical vortexes in the upper atmosphere. That, and too much KFC.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
OK, V1 was killed by the mods for some dystopian reason, so TPTB said put it in here.

www.prisonplanet.com...

I was wondering where this thread went.

So now that Florence has been downgraded to an F2, I am assuming that Obama fixed that?

Not a climatologist, but I figure that the amount of hot air that has been coming out of the x-President's face hole this week very well may have influenced the weather.

And my prediction again... if FEMA and everyone helps out and the death toll is less than Puerto Rico, you will start to see the pundits pointing out that Trump did more for this storm than the other one, so he is racist because he did not help the Hispanics.

I have a $100 bet with my sister on it...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

So now that Florence has been downgraded to an F2, I am assuming that Obama fixed that?

lol..

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

That isn’t what the WAPO is doing at all, that’s what the article you linked is interpreting it as because politics.

Not to mention the article is from Info wars, which is against T&C to link to.

This OP is like a perfect storm of hyperbole and hypocrisy, which isn’t that strange considering it’s coming from under the Alex Jones umbrella.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If Trump gets the BLAME for Florence as a 3.0 or 4.0...Does he also get the CREDIT for it going down to a 2.0 or 1.0?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No no, any positive weather news is carryover from Obama's presidency...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

That isn’t what the WAPO is doing at all, that’s what the article you linked is interpreting it as because politics.

This OP is like a perfect storm of hyperbole and hypocrisy, which isn’t that strange considering it’s coming from under the Alex Jones umbrella.

LOL did you read the WAPO article?

That is exactly what they are doing...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

LOL...I remember!!! I shall still make a prediction thread before you on who blames the disasterous response on the Tman first. I will probably come within 4 hours of landfall.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

No no, any positive weather news is carryover from Obama's presidency...

Florence..."YOU didn't build that!"

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Seven Atlantic hurricanes affected the country in the 1886 season, which was the year with the most United States hurricanes.[1]

Wiki

Hurricanes have been relatively low in number recently. The last bad season I remember was 04' and 05'.

Just another 'resister' spouting BS in hopes of making Trump look bad dumped on us by the washingtonCompost.

By Any Means Necessary

#WalkAway

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

This is V2.0 so you may not have been privy to the original Op Ed. The very title was " Yes, You Can Blame Trump for Florence".

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

No...as Lumineri correctly pointed out...Obama gets credit for that. He pointed his hot air dispenser towards said beast.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

MODS, is this true?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

No...it is not. I can change the OP if it is, BUT the original post is from a WAPO op-ed, which is behind a paywall, so I linked the first thing that mentioned it again.. Ask donttreadonme....he/she/it/ killed it for not being in this forum.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: underwerks

LOL did you read the WAPO article?

That is exactly what they are doing...

No, it isn’t.

The OP and the Alex Jones article linked is framing it as the Washington Post saying that Trump is responsible for hurricane Florence.

While in reality the article is an opinion piece saying Trump is responsible for the forthcoming response to Hurricane Florence. A small distinction you may say, but it obviously makes a difference when you mislead people as the OP has done. Just look at the comments above who believe it without reading any further.

If you want to criticize the media, have at it. Just don’t expect people to believe you when you use articles taken out of context like the one above. At least Alex Jones gets paid to do that. What does it say about people who just parrot the same nonsense like it’s an actual thing?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
No one will die, in fact im sure it will the best hurricane ever! any casualty would have died anyway, so we can just ignore them.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Last night President Trump raised his arms and weakened Florence from a category 4 to a category 2.

North and South Carolina is Trump country!

edit on 9/13/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join