It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry slammed for 'shameful' shadow diplomacy after admitting to meetings with Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: network dude

Asked on two different interviews: How many times did Kerry travel to Iran to negotiate after the Obama administration...Kerry gave two different answers: "2-3 times" and "3-4 times".

How does anyone not remember the correct amount of times one goes to Iran to negotiate?

He did not give multiple answers, you're being misled or you are misleading. Here is the quote from the interview, the only place in it they discuss that:

HH: Okay, it’s been reported you’ve met with him a couple of times at least since leaving office as well. So you still…

JK: Yes, I have. That’s accurate.

HH: And is it a half dozen times, a dozen times?

JK: No. No, no, no. I met with him at a conference in Norway. I think I saw him in a conference in Munich at the World Economic Forum. So I’ve probably seen him three or four times.

HH: Are you trying to coach him through the Trump administration’s rejection of the JCPOA?

JK: No, that’s not my job, and my coaching him would not, you know, that’s not how it works. What I have done is tried to elicit from him what Iran might be willing to do in order to change the dynamic in the Middle East for the better. You know, how does one resolve Yemen? What do you do to try to get peace in Syria? I mean, those are the things that really are preoccupying, because those are the impediments to people, to Iran’s ability to convince people that it’s ready to embrace something different.

What other interview? Can you please link it so we can dissect it?

Second interview was with Dana Perino.
www.onenewspage.com...
Met with Iranian foreign minister at least "a couple of times".

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Are we enforcing the Logan Act now?

This is worse than a mere Logan Act violation, which is never enforced.
This is conspiring with an enemy.
Given that Iran sponsor terrorism it might even rise to a charge of conspiring with an enemy during war time to undermine the US Govt.

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

edit on 13/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Given that Iran sponsor terrorism it might even rise to a charge of conspiring with an enemy during war time to undermine the US Govt.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

This is Iran...Don't they threaten to nuke the US and Israel fairly regularly?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

This is Iran...Don't they threaten to nuke the US and Israel fairly regularly?

Exactly.

The Speaker of Iran’s parliament, Ali Larijani, has threatened the US, Israel, and Saudi Arabia, if they should place additional pressures on Iran. The Trump administration has said it will significantly increase economic sanctions on Iran, now that Washington has withdrawn from the Iranian nuclear deal, formally known as the JCPOA (Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action). Secretary of State Mike Pompeo vowed last month that the new sanctions the administration plans to place on Iran will “end up being the strongest sanctions in history, when we are complete.”

On Friday, Larijani issued a warning to the US, Israel, and Saudi Arabia—which he called the “triangle of evil,” mocking George W. Bush’s 2002 declaration of an “axis of evil” (Iran, Iraq, and North Korea). Larijani asserted, “If they corner Iran, their own security will be at risk.” It is probably not an empty threat. US intelligence “now believes that Iranian proxies are the primary threat to our personnel in Iraq,” Rep. Steve Chabot (R, Ohio) revealed last month in a Congressional hearing.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Don’t these criminals understand they are not in charge.

This is a form of Treason.

This guy is the biggest pos in America.

It is treason
No one is allowed to hold meetings with foreign officials without Federal government approval (Presidential approval)
Only the President has the power of making treaties which has to pass a 2/3 vote in Congress.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: howtonhawky

Was Flynn negotiating for America or a possible administration that may or may not be elected?

Kerry was negotiating for America behind America's back helping an enemy thwart the administration.

The logan act covers flynn but not kerry. One worked for the gov. at the time of the incident and the other did not.

Flynn was acting on behalf of trump yet working for obama.

It simply depends on what flynn done and said. from what i remember he was only setting up meetings for the future admin. However if it was found that he was doing more than that then he could be held accountable.

Kerry was not representing the federal gov..

You are free to call up Ahmadinejad today and rap with him about your concerns and even offer him things to give up his weapons.

so it's your belief that John Kerry isn't operating in any official capacity, and just decided to vacation in Iran to "rap with Ahmadinejad" ?

Here is the interview that all this is based on.

Can you please find where he went to Iran, or can you find where they actually met each other? It's in there.

Can you find where in the interview Kerry says, negotiating is not allowed and not part of his job? Can you find where the interviewer confirms that and says he understands that as that would not be allowed.

It's all in there.

I was mistaken. he didn't meet him in Iran. he met him at several other events that normal US citizens travel to and meet world leaders in no official capacity at all. Hell, last week while in Myrtle Beach, I ran into Vladimir Putin and we discussed his love of Cheetos. I plan to meet with several other world leaders on my return trip, while stopping at South of the Border. (Pedro says Si!)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Still... Left of the isle just don't see it. Doesn't matter... That wakeup call is coming and someone hit the snooze way too many times.

You had my attention until you claimed i am a leftist then you lost credibility.

Anywho such future wars are not set in stone and can be avoided.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Other way around. I think you need to read what the Logan act is about. You absolutely can not do what you claim. It's illegal for any US citizen to negotiate with a foreign country especially when it undermines the governments position.

Actually in the other thread the proper wording was givin on the law.

From what i gathered one can indeed negotiate with other governments if they have redress with said government. The wording pretty much contradicts itself out of existence.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

He can travel, he just can't engage in diplomacy or undermine the government's diplomatic efforts.

According to the wording if a citizen has been wronged by a foreign government then said citizen has the right to negotiate.

As citizens it can be easily argued that we have all been wronged by iran or russia.

I agree with most that it does not seem right but this law is not the one that has the balls to take down kerry or flynn. I am quite sure there are laws that deal with meddling in gov affairs and undermining the government among others.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Why don't liberals care that John Kerry is colluding with a foreign enemy to undermine the US Govt?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I wasn't pointing at you. I tend to forget what college taught me that "you" should never use "you" in a statement when not referring to that person specifically.

or...

One should never use the word "you" when not addressing someone specifically.

Honestly it was a general statement not pointing to anyone but the left itself.

edit on 15-9-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I do it all the time and am trying not to so much.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The only people “slamming” him are rwnj’s. The rest of the adults in the room are happy that some one of substance is stepping up to the plate. Obviously the orange dipstick doesn’t have the smarts to do anything. a reply to: network dude

edit on 15-9-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Ah, I see, so colluding with a foreign govt to undermine the US Federal Govt is now OK... well, who would have thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

a reply to: soundguy

Ah, I see, so colluding with a foreign govt to undermine the US Federal Govt is now OK... well, who would have thought.

Make that "colluding with a HOSTILE foreign government".

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If John Kerry did this in China, as a former Chinese official, he would already be dead.

In fact, most of our current politicians who conspire and say things against Trump, and if they were Chinese officials doing the same things in China, they would already be dead.

Lucky for them this is America.

What Kerry is doing doesn't deserve death IMO, but a really good public and painful horse whipping would be appropriate.

They do that in China too.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sounds like they will be examining the legality of what Kerry has and is doing.

From things I have read, one could go to prison for this or be fined.

It seem like if you have a decades-long civil service resume, a blind eye is given to you for the rest of your days. IMO, it doesn't matter when you turn dirty. Kerry is almost 75 years old. Regardless, he should be investigated and punished if found guilty of any malfeasance.

Hit him where it hurts the most: $$$$$ fines.

edit on 15-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Well, it's all rather confusing.

Hillary Clinton pays a legal firm to engage foreigners, including the Russian FSB, to carry out opposition research on her political opponent for a Presidential election - all good.

Obama's administration engage the UK govt to help them spy on a political rival and candidate for the Presidency - all good.

John Kerry holds secret meetings with Iran to advise them on how to defeat the plans of the President of the USA - all good.

Donald Trumps son holds a meeting with a Russian lawyer to get opposition research and comes up empty-handed - treason... impeach his dad.

One might reasonably come to the conclusion that some in the political spectrum are exhibiting some rather terrible hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

My guess is Lurch is already secretly under surveillance.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That’s the problem with rwnj’s the simplest of things confuse them. Then again,if it confuses you, it’s probably a lie. Unfortunately rwnj’s will believe ANY lie as long as it agrees with thier bias and bigotry. . a reply to: UKTruth

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join