It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry slammed for 'shameful' shadow diplomacy after admitting to meetings with Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What could he possibly be negotiating? Kerry clearly does not work for this administration. He can only be giving advice on how to work around current policy. He can't promise them anything. The only thing I could think of is he may be negotiating under the pretense that Trump is no longer president. Thats pretty messed up either way.

link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Was Flynn negotiating for America or a possible administration that may or may not be elected?

Kerry was negotiating for America behind America's back helping an enemy thwart the administration.

link   

Makes one wonder how people would have reacted if, say, Condoleezza Rice had done something similar during Obama's second year in office.

I any event, this is pretty effin' pathetic, and just the most recent example of players of the Deep State.

#WLYB

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Was Flynn negotiating for America or a possible administration that may or may not be elected?

Kerry was negotiating for America behind America's back helping an enemy thwart the administration.

The logan act covers flynn but not kerry. One worked for the gov. at the time of the incident and the other did not.

Flynn was acting on behalf of trump yet working for obama.

It simply depends on what flynn done and said. from what i remember he was only setting up meetings for the future admin. However if it was found that he was doing more than that then he could be held accountable.

Kerry was not representing the federal gov..

You are free to call up ackmadinajad today and rap with him about your concerns and even offer him things to give up his weapons.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh! Do tell us what the admin is trying to accomplish in regards to IRAN.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Very hypocritical of Fox News but what can you expect, it's propaganda.

Fox was making excuses for the Trump tower meeting, which was secret and kept private for a long time -- in fact we still would not know about it if people hadn't gotten indicted and questioned.

On the other hand they slam Kerry for attending international conferences along with other Americans and saw Zarif there. A conference in Norway, World Economic summit in Munich etc...

Totally the same thing, right?

In Twilight Zone maybe.

Blah why am I trying... facts don't matter, original interview scripts don't matter, the way the writer changed the quotes doesn't matter... nothing matters if people are rabid and unwilling to think for themselves.

Carry on, serfdom.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

The logan act covers flynn but not kerry. One worked for the gov. at the time of the incident and the other did not.

It simply depends on what flynn done and said. from what i remember he was only setting up meetings for the future admin. However if it was found that he was doing more than that then he could be held accountable.

You are free to call up Ahmadinejad today and rap with him about your concerns and even offer him things to give up his weapons.

so it's your belief that John Kerry isn't operating in any official capacity, and just decided to vacation in Iran to "rap with Ahmadinejad" ?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If Kerry is there as a citizen, then he is going against State Dept. guidelines which has a DO NOT Travel order to Iran.

travel.state.gov...

Now, say a private citizen does this and comes back. You think he/she would not be detained and debriefed, fiercely?

travel.state.gov...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

You are free to call up Ahmadinejad today and rap with him about your concerns and even offer him things to give up his weapons.

so it's your belief that John Kerry isn't operating in any official capacity, and just decided to vacation in Iran to "rap with Ahmadinejad" ?

Here is the interview that all this is based on.

Can you please find where he went to Iran, or can you find where they actually met each other? It's in there.

Can you find where in the interview Kerry says, negotiating is not allowed and not part of his job? Can you find where the interviewer confirms that and says he understands that as that would not be allowed.

It's all in there.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It is fact and not belief as per the official capacity part.

I also doubt very much that john kerry has been SLAMMED.

He is a free American. Take away his rights and you take away your own rights.

If you do not want your rights then someone possibly like me would be glad to take them from you. I understand there is a labor shortage and we could use some slaves.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
If Kerry is there as a citizen, then he is going against State Dept. guidelines which has a DO NOT Travel order to Iran.

travel.state.gov...

Now, say a private citizen does this and comes back. You think he/she would not be detained and debriefed, fiercely?

travel.state.gov...

Don't fall for this -- he did not go to Iran so it is not even a topic to discuss.

Nowhere in the interview does it say he went to Iran, nowhere in the original FreeBeacon article did it say that and nowhere in the Fox article does it say that. It's just the people in this thread making it up in order to get angry.

The facts are he met with Zarif at international conferences, along with several other countries and leaders. A conference in Norway is mentioned, as well as the World Economic Forum n Munich.

Now, Kerry may have been lying in the interview and he may have tried to negotiate and make deals, but that would have to be proven -- nothing so far indicates that. If he did lie, then I am all for investigating him and those lies.

But some proof of that would have to be published first.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Asked on two different interviews: How many times did Kerry travel to Iran to negotiate after the Obama administration...Kerry gave two different answers: "2-3 times" and "3-4 times".

How does anyone not remember the correct amount of times one goes to Iran to negotiate?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Asked on two different interviews: How many times did Kerry travel to Iran to negotiate after the Obama administration...Kerry gave two different answers: "2-3 times" and "3-4 times".

How does anyone not remember the correct amount of times one goes to Iran to negotiate?

He did not give multiple answers, you're being misled or you are misleading. Here is the quote from the interview, the only place in it they discuss that:

HH: Okay, it’s been reported you’ve met with him a couple of times at least since leaving office as well. So you still…

JK: Yes, I have. That’s accurate.

HH: And is it a half dozen times, a dozen times?

JK: No. No, no, no. I met with him at a conference in Norway. I think I saw him in a conference in Munich at the World Economic Forum. So I’ve probably seen him three or four times.

HH: Are you trying to coach him through the Trump administration’s rejection of the JCPOA?

JK: No, that’s not my job, and my coaching him would not, you know, that’s not how it works. What I have done is tried to elicit from him what Iran might be willing to do in order to change the dynamic in the Middle East for the better. You know, how does one resolve Yemen? What do you do to try to get peace in Syria? I mean, those are the things that really are preoccupying, because those are the impediments to people, to Iran’s ability to convince people that it’s ready to embrace something different.

What other interview? Can you please link it so we can dissect it?

edit on 13-9-2018 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

And this man wants to be the Democratic nominee for president in 2020?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why does no one have a reply once facts are brought into the discussion?

Can anyone find the quotes or the interviews they are talking about, like I posted the quotes from the actual interview being discussed?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

travel.state.gov...

travel.state.gov...

Funny how you turn a do not travel ADVISORY into a do not travel ORDER.

There is a difference.

Again he is free to travel the world if he chooses.

kudos for diggin though.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Why does no one have a reply once facts are brought into the discussion?

Can anyone find the quotes or the interviews they are talking about, like I posted the quotes from the actual interview being discussed?

Well when your facts get in the way of scheduled outrage it makes people wonder about your intentions.
How dare you.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Other way around. I think you need to read what the Logan act is about. You absolutely can not do what you claim. It's illegal for any US citizen to negotiate with a foreign country especially when it undermines the governments position.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

He can travel, he just can't engage in diplomacy or undermine the government's diplomatic efforts.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

Treason???

Where is the war?

You and i are also free to talk to other nations.

You mean the coming civil war? If you don't see it, you're just not getting it.

This is a blatant act to show the world and most of all, our own country that they don't have to follow a republican president but they have to worship a democratic one. At what point do you feel that the common man, the patriot and the average worker who's breaking their backs only to get spit on and have our freedoms ripped away while we get laughed at by leftist extremist that want to just hand our rights to any old terrorist who wants to harm us... at what point do you think we'll snap and go ape$#~^ and start a good old revolution, George Washington style? At what point does this one sided democratic party who will do ANYTHING to win upset enough people when they see that fair aint fair.... Cause us to have enough..

I see a war... We're most certainly at war, if even a cold one, against our own country because of stupid one sided crap like this that some get away with while others get called deplorables, racists and bigots.

That camels load isn't getting any lighter and it's starting to creak. The levy is starting to overflow just a little too much now. I'd hate to see that levy wall come down.

Still... Left of the isle just don't see it. Doesn't matter... That wakeup call is coming and someone hit the snooze way too many times.

Damn I love metaphors!
edit on 13-9-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join