It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry slammed for 'shameful' shadow diplomacy after admitting to meetings with Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Link to source

Former Secretary of State John Kerry is being slammed for conducting shadow diplomacy with Iran after admitting to multiple meetings with Iranian officials behind the backs of Trump administration officials -- including over the scrapped nuclear deal. An administration official on Thursday told Fox News Kerry’s meetings are "shameful," pointing out what Iranian-backed militias are doing to kill and injure people in Syria, Iraq and Yemen. Other Republicans suggested it may not even be legal. “John Kerry is out giving advice to Iran about how to maneuver around what Donald Trump is doing; it's insidious,” Ari Fleischer, the former White House press secretary for George W. Bush, said Wednesday on Fox News' "Special Report." “I don't know if it's legal or illegal, I don't care about that side of it. It's wrong.”

I'll wait until the leftovers tell me how this is perfectly alright, and I just don't understand things, but for some reason, this just seems wrong.
If John Kerry isn't a diplomat, and isn't operating under the current administration, isn't this something that is frowned upon?

I would hate to jump to false conclusions, so please ATS smarties, educate us.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Don’t these criminals understand they are not in charge.

This is a form of Treason.

This guy is the biggest pos in America.

edit on 13-9-2018 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If we're going to say certain things are not legal/kosher, it needs to be that way on both sides.

If this was pre or post Trump presidency and anyone connected to him did anything of the sorts, we all know there would be outrage and calls of treason.

Kerry does it, and somehow it's brushed under the rug. I doubt that the FBI will look into it as they have done with known Trump associates.

I too am curious as to the justification people can bring forth, I'll try and stay open minded as I read them.

Kerry does not work for the US government, so why is he seemingly acting on our behalf?
edit on 13-9-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think Kerry is involved in setting-up and planning a false flag.

And involved in ways to get money and nuclear stuff to Iran undetected.

He's a bad apple.

He's been outed.

💥🔓💥

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Are we enforcing the Logan Act now?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Seems unlikely.

It should be...but unlikely.

Kerry deserves all the brickbats being hurled his way, so too, do the people behind it who thought this was/is a good idea.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If this goes away with nothing done, I will completely believe that Sessions is smoking a bong in a back room and decided to take the zero on doing his job. As far as I can tell, the only ones who seem to be concerned about the crimes and corruption is Trump and his followers.

If he's the president, why can't something be done about all this? Or is this the new way of doing business and we should expect more of this from Trump's side in the future? I'd hate to see us devolve into that kind of chaos, but if it's going to go unchecked, the right might as well jump up and start using these tactics, nobody cares.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Seems unlikely.

Kerry deserves all the brickbats being hurled his way, so too, do the people behind it who thought this was/is a good idea.

The Logan Act seems to have been used against Flynn for gaining a FISA warrant.
Perhaps, Lurch Kerry is currently under surveillance.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Whether it's enforced or not are you for or against people doing this?

That's the question people have to ask themselves.
edit on 13-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Treason???

Where is the war?

You and i are also free to talk to other nations.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

my goodness..when is the date to that news? i couldnt see.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: seagull

Seems unlikely.

The Logan Act seems to have been used against Flynn for gaining a FISA warrant.
Perhaps, Lurch Kerry is currently under surveillance.

Flynn was serving in the government kerry is not.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Sorry you are not feeling to negotiate on behalf of America.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

That makes it more likely to be okay for Flynn then.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
If this goes away with nothing done, I will completely believe that Sessions is smoking a bong in a back room and decided to take the zero on doing his job. As far as I can tell, the only ones who seem to be concerned about the crimes and corruption is Trump and his followers.

If he's the president, why can't something be done about all this? Or is this the new way of doing business and we should expect more of this from Trump's side in the future? I'd hate to see us devolve into that kind of chaos, but if it's going to go unchecked, the right might as well jump up and start using these tactics, nobody cares.

Perhaps trump should use some diplomacy in this situation instead of taking yalls advice and locking up anyone who tries to diffuse the situation.

If that were happening and kerry were undermining diplomatic efforts then he would be committing crimes.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I wonder if Kerry still has his security clearance.
Bet he does.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If the US DOJ doesn't intervene, it doesn't matter who "slams" Kerry. We went through this same discussion back in May and no action was taken to stop him, or revoke Kerry's clearance.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Are we enforcing the Logan Act now?

Nope, and we won't be! Imagine the amount of politicians past and present that would be strung up for treason if we did so?

In the age of Globalism, if they are doing the bidding of their global masters, not a damn thing will happen to them for destroying their own soveriegn nation.

Why the MSM and global puppets are so upset over Trump winning.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I wonder if Kerry still has his security clearance.
Bet he does.

Deep state 4 life!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

That makes it more likely to be okay for Flynn then.

Possibly

It would have to be proved that he undermined the previous admin. If i remember correctly obama was still in charge but there are some provisions for incoming admins if it was with in a certain timeline. I think 6 weeks but not real sure bout that.

Either way they would have to clearly show how he went against the admin..

eta from what i remember they do not have anything worthy on flynn and it was said he was not at all negotiating but rather paving the way for future negotiations. toats legal imho
edit on 13-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join