It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Muninn
a reply to: TinySickTears

You are one to talk, you should go back and look at the threads you have made over the years.

yeah that me
mr drama

Yup.

whatever you say reincarnate

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i sort of hinted at this in my earler post - but :

ok - one kid writes a letter - and the slogan is changed

cue " precedent set "

" someone " will object to " loved by parents "

what happens when they write a letter ????????????????

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
i sort of hinted at this in my earler post - but :

ok - one kid writes a letter - and the slogan is changed

cue " precedent set "

" someone " will object to " loved by parents "

what happens when they write a letter ????????????????

a precedent is set for a company do change their slogan for whatever reason they choose no matter how stupid it is to others?
ok i suppose

i there a precedent saying slogans can never me changed?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

i guess buy a box now, one that has the old slogan on it, it will be a collector's item soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Any parent that would even mention the word "sexist" to a 10 year old is a tool. That 10 year old should be busy being a kid, not trying to change the world because her parents are too lazy to provide her with anything healthier than chocolate cereal.

Don't care how anyone feels about it, but things were far better when moms took care of the house and kids while dad took care of the bills and fixing things. Now, men have become pansies and moms have joined the softball team....while their kids cower in their darkened bedrooms making friends online and having delusions that the world owes them something. Mom and dad, not knowing what's wrong, puts them on psych meds and by the time the kid is in high school, they are planning a shooting.

Didn't see this type of thing 20+ years ago and the world was a far better place with far better people.

edit on 15-9-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

edit on 15-9-2018 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

I feel sorry for your kids, you seem like you have your mind made up how they should think.
Lol if it wasn't serious.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

Didn't see this type of thing 20+ years ago and the world was a far better place with far better people.

ahahahahahha

i am so happy you edited your post to say that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

25 years ago

hahahahah

the difference is 25 years ago the big bad right wing didnt cry about it

hahahahah

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

I feel sorry for your kids, you seem like you have your mind made up how they should think.
Lol if it wasn't serious.

To each their own, but there can't be any relevant argument against what was offered. The best parts of this countries history...the revolutionary war, the civil war, ww1, ww2, and the civil rights movements all occurred when the family unit acted accordingly. Now, people are clamoring for trans gender bathrooms in pre-school, preaching sexism to 10 year olds, and trying to have their government legislate good behavior.

Just for the record, don't feel sorry for my kid. He was home schooled and followed my footsteps by graduating from Cornell University...and paid for it himself.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You can always find an exception to every rule, but bet ya can't find another one

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

You can always find an exception to every rule, but bet ya can't find another one

i am not going to try
you said it didnt happen 20+ years ago

it did

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just finished my letter to Congress. I'm asking that the White House be renamed because it's insensitive and racist.

A2D

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

pfffffft
writing a letter

must be a snowflake with terrible parents

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Time to stop this madness before it's too late or is it too late already? The loonies have been getting into childrens heads and changing their mindset... this is verging on the same level as 'mind control'. This 10 year old girl has managed to get kellogg's to change their slogan on a cereal box of 'coco-pops' because she said it was sexist to read the slogan 'approved by mums', she wanted it changed to 'approved by parents' as her dad made her breakfast sometimes and she said 'there are children out there who don't have mum's and they may get upset' but wouldn't they still get upset reading the slogan 'loved by parents'? What about the children who have neither? Won't they get upset? What about couples who can't have children? I think this girl hasn't thought it through well enough.

'Control their minds... control their future' should be a slogan on something..

And this is the next generation coming... this is what's being taught to children in schools and by parents.

She thought it was unfair because 'dads can make breakfast too' and it might be 'upsetting for people who don't have a mum'. So when her parents Anne-Marie, 48 and James, 47, told her to write and complain - that's exactly what she did. Her letter to the cereal giant was so convincing that Coco Pops boxes will now read 'Approved by parents' and be on the shelves in the near future.

www.dailymail.co.uk... annel=rss&login#readerCommentsCommand-message-field

Ahhhhh...how were they forced? It was actually a good idea..

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'm offended you'd assume I have parents.

A2D

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

I'm offended you'd assume I have parents.

A2D

hahahahahah
nice play

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Well, this was a gender issue, not a racist issue. But who cares - seriously, it's a crappy, sugary cereal, and they changed literally one word on their slogan. With all going on in the world, why is this an issue? At all? EVER?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Wow you think the best parts of US history was all the wars...that's pretty #ed up man.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   
To be honest all cereals should have "approved by monstanto" badge. Or something like "100% glyphosate"

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Just finished my letter to Congress. I'm asking that the White House be renamed because it's insensitive and racist.

A2D

Wondered when this one would come out.. it's true though. ha ha.

Except 'Obama' managed to get in. If he wasn't president, he would have been arrested! Surprised he wasn't arrested.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
To be honest all cereals should have "approved by monstanto" badge. Or something like "100% glyphosate"

That's a good one.

I wonder how many parents were actually asked to approve the cereal in the first place??

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join