It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolgirl, 10, forces Kellogg's to change 'sexist' wording on boxes of Coco Pops

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

The OP did right out of the gate, then deleted it after some backlash from posters such as the one you replied to.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Oh i had no inclination to change or alter any parenting , thats not my field !

I was just curious to know what was/is going on

but again I think the examples I chose were not apt , because they were dealing primarily from a male perspective of my experiences and dealt with male past times of playing soldiers !
I guess these are old gender based examples not really appropriate in terms of expressing my point
as they just reinforce the actual OP point in that they can be more gender neutral

so I mean climbing trees and playing in abandoned buildings, because even my sister and my girl pals would do that !

Is it progress is that your opinion ? I guess in terms of telling a kid they can do what ever they set their mind to yes that is progress , but I guess all parents tell their kids that!

Change doesn't necessarily mean its positive

but in this example yes allowing your child the freedom to express their opinion about something they use daily!
and forcing a company to use a more gender neutral term in their advertising.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
You pair need to get a room lol

a virtual room!

hahaha this is turning out to be a good friday! wooooo

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I know you didn't mean change parenting.
Wasn't talking about you.
Sorry

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Yeh I saw it as well then edited out.
It was a silly point to make, I'm quite right wing in some of my views but I support the parents in the OP empowering their child to express her opinion.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Nae bother tiny!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Damla
Sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say with that meme.
What gift?
Means nothing to me, sorry.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Agree2Disagree
Of course indoctrination is the parents job. Religious people do it all the time...get em young as they say.
I taught my son to be a free thinker, to question everything and everyone, including me.
That was my style of indoctrination. Life skills.
Right, perhaps you are one of those who prefer to have government tell everyone how to be cause the parents are sooo religious.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Why would you assume that?
I was making the point that everyone indoctrinates their kids, including me.
Religious folk are the worst though, like telling ghost or monster stories and making out it's real.

...government can go # itself as far as my parenting goes lol
edit on 14-9-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: terrible grammar

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Why would you assume that?
I was making the point that everyone indoctrinates their kids, including me.
Religious folk are the worst though, like telling ghost or monster stories and making out it's real.

...government can go # itself as far as my parenting goes lol

Agree
No neutral way to parent
We all parent based on our ideals and values.

All of us do it

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I've noticed a lot of little children now are extremely afraid of dogs , I also notice a lot of parents overly baby their children with health and safety , all these measure they take to ensure their children arent harmed, like when learning to ride a bike etc
Ive seen some strange bikes , like a full adult bike with a training bike attached to the back !
the other day a wee lassie maybe about 8 or 9 , she was at least 4 feet tall , was freaking out when my tiny little chihuahua/pug meisha barked at her when she was in the park , she immediately started to scream and run away from the dog, of course if you scream and run a dog will bark and run after you!

but my dog is less than a foot tall and about a foot long , so what do they think will happen that the dog is going to maul them and bite them to death ?

And you know this kid's history of interactions with dogs, I presume? Let me clue you in -- even those of us who know most dogs that are trained adequately to be good animals distrust them. Such as myself. That tends to cement itself with no help from parents when your passive pillow of a family choco lab goes from sleeping in their doggie bed to going apesh# on the neighbor kid coming in with you to play, and leaves them with a cheek full of stitches despite getting the same training as the leader dogs for the blind that my parents trained. That was MY experience at 7, so screw off. I'm entitled to retain my reality check and treat dogs as untrustworthy, it's my prerogative. That's completely aside from the other host of things about them I dislike as it is that makes them a less than ideal pet.
That said, neither the mauling of my friend nor the dog pet peeves of mine did not prevent me from getting a Boston Terrier as an adult, and making sure he came from a breeder who put her dogs through rigid training before selling them -- my dog was no untrained puppy, he was practically an adult, and no, he didn't come cheap. But he was damn well behaved for the money.
Regardless of how well trained he was, the first time he lunged at my oldest when she was a toddler was the last -- he wasn't given a second chance, his jaws were a powerful set and he could have done major damage to a small child, training or no training. His instincts and his training fought, he wanted at the small human. It was my responsibility to solve the problem.

My older daughter loves dogs, begs for her own. We're not getting one, we have enough other animals for the time being. No fear about them whatsoever, period. She's the exact opposite of her younger sister, who is much more scientific-minded, knows where dogs evolved from, understands what breed traits means, and has been chased by a particularly aggressive Akita. She does NOT care for dogs in any manner, and will scream if need be it (like when being chased)

So for you to sit there and act like you know why some random kid is freaking out over your mutt is worthless. You do not know her experiences with them. Shove it.
edit on 9/14/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What if she becomes a full grown feminist, she will be complaining that men should cook too.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I dont know her experience with dogs I never presumed to do so , I just posed the question what did she think would happen , my dog is not even a foot tall and was on the lead , its the reaction to dogs barking, its what dogs do and some kids just freak out at that never said that I knew why she was freaking out I just wondered why!

It was an observation thats all!
I reassured the mother and the daughter that the dog was harmless and just likes to bark !
my other dog doesnt bark at all , my fiance' just said to her that it's ok and not to be afraid!

I just see it a lot in kids these days , maybe because less families are getting dogs ?
But thanks for your input , as for your opinion on dogs, they are marvelous creatures and we probably wouldnt be where we are today if it werent for that first human contact with wolf !

Thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
So many people crying about something that does not effect their lives, kind of like when players kneel.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Why should we care about brand labels of food that's terrible for you?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
To answer your question, it is too late, too late by far and actually a few generations too late.
It all began with the feminist movement and teaching generations of little boys that it's so wrong to be masculine. Didn't seem like anything but a good thing back in the sixties. Just a little snow ball then aye? Move on to more progressive ideas, more ways to corrupt the natural order of things and now that snow ball is so astronomically large it will simply mow down any effort to stop it. It will stop at the end of the down hill run it's dragging all of us down and then one tremendous crash affecting all of mankind.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

i dont think theyre taught it is wrong to be masculine.

i think they are taught it is ok to be sensative

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I think I'll write a letter. I want it to read, "approved by parents who didn't abort their children!"

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join