It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump admin. proposes rollback of methane rules to save industry $484 million

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
This is another reason I am riding the blue wave in November.

Why is god for the blue wave?

Just look at the sky....

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Regulations hurt the economy and the workers

A dying planet hurts everyone.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

So in your opinion the climate has never changed on earth before ?

It has thousands of times. But this time is special ?

I could go on with this endlessly but I'm not going to .

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Get the world to force China to reduce emissions so the rest of the world can do it as well without being unable to compete.

I guess you didn’t get the memo explaining that that’s exactly what the Paris climate agreement did.

Actually no it didn't. It let some countries pollute. China is part of the Paris agreement and is increasing emissions, get educated.

It let ALL the signatory countries continue to pollute, including the US, because it did not require any country to go down to zero emissions. The idea was to reduce the total amount of emissions from what it would have been in the absence of an agreement. The fact that China's emissions had just surpassed the US and were increasing when the US emissions reached a peak about 10 years ago (and have been more or less stable ever since) is why China agreed to a goal of reducing its emissions (per unit of GDP) more than twice as fast as the US in the future. The agreement recognizes the fact that no country can make large changes in its energy policy, practices, and infrastructure overnight.

With regard to your educated statement that China is increasing emissions:

The British Petroleum Statistical Review of World Energy for 2018 shows that China's carbon emissions started leveling out around 2013.

www.bp.com...

Some observers think China may have already turned the corner. See, for example, the Bloomberg article, "China's Carbon Emissions May Have Peaked" from a couple of months ago.

www.bloomberg.com...

China's total carbon emissions right now are about 1.8 times those of the US, but their population is about 4.25 times the size of the US, so their per capita carbon footprint is less than 50% that of the US.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Thank you for admitting it was worthless and Trump was right.

Trump never said no deal was acceptable, in fact Trump tried to negotiate a meaningful one, but Europe and China didn't want that.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

China's emissions are going up, look at the new data. You think 80% of their population is going to stay rural forever? What happens to their emissions when they have 3x the amount of urban areas as they have now?
edit on 13-9-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

So in your opinion the climate has never changed on earth before ?

It has thousands of times. But this time is special ?

I could go on with this endlessly but I'm not going to .

This is a dumb argument. Yes it obviously has. There's tons of records showing this. Also just so happens a good number of major extinction events took place during climate shifts. As far as us and most of our agriculture and ecosystems go though, they're adapted to the relatively stable, over the last 20,000 years or so, climate that has been. Even smaller changes within that time caused human starvation, plant and animal extinctions and drastically changed areas of the world.

Humans rely on plants and animals adapted to these climate conditions to survive. Sure planet earth will go on, the things we depend on to survive may not.

Many of those other time periods with different climates you speak of would not have been habitable for us. That's the whole point. We're turning the world.into a place that, sure life will continue, but it's not going to be very great for us and the things alive now.

Just in my lifetime the place I live went from having 4 fairly predictable seasons with no real extreme temperatures to basically a wet season and dry season where temperatures regularly reach 40°C.

Over the last few years, crops that used to do well here have begun failing. Animal migrations are #ed. Song birds, geese and ducks over winter here now. The massive forest fires, which are not only getting worse because of higher temperatures and droughts, but because more parasites are thriving and leaving more dead and dying trees to burn. Just look at what's happened because of pine beetles.

Personally, I dislike the idea of a world where only the #tiest plants and animals that adapt themselves to our pollution survive.
edit on 13/9/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/9/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

wow you got me. The Global temperature has gone up from 10,000 years ago and it's all man's fault.

Man made global warming is just another method which the left frightens people with to control the public through emotions .

Edit: Sorry for being a jerk. This topic is just so tiring and it never changes anyone's opinion .
edit on 13-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join