It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body modification's role In the coming human-robot apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Huh?? Too much Matrix and Terminator(s) have that guy spooked. Coming apocalypse, yeah right.... Machine learning, AI and the Robots of Doom are so far out as to be a non-issue.

I'd be more worried about the coming Alien(s) menace with acid for blood and a taste for humans.... 3 sequels are better than just 1 or 2 and much more believable in the whole NWO has Hollywood as a propaganda machine thingy - hee hee

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well personally I don't think it's as far out as some people believe. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some of this stuff when I am an old man.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well advancing our own intelligence would be the best body mod for us. Maybe some of you would be interested in Singularity

Ive got my ears gauged out to 1/2 inch right now. I was at 5/8ths. id put a pic up but i dont know what the mods say about that and whatnot.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Civil44
Well advancing our own intelligence would be the best body mod for us. Maybe some of you would be interested in Singularity

Ive got my ears gauged out to 1/2 inch right now. I was at 5/8ths. id put a pic up but i dont know what the mods say about that and whatnot.

I'm not sure if I understand? Is there a correlation between advancing your intellect and modifying your ears? Or were you just posting two seperate ideas?

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
To answer the original question,

I don't believe that assisted modifications to a species is considered evolution.

he's right. its only evolution if the slight defect/improvement can be passed biologically passed down to the next generation.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBaskettIV
But if my life could be extended by hacking it apart that would be fine...as long as my brain was left as intact as possible(some type of neural network interface would be needed...but it would need to be a "closed" network so hacking wouldnt be possible).

I feel about the same way... I'm not totally agains extending lie by hacking it apart... but you are completely wrong... or, rather just not thinking about it enough... about the closed network. For a human being, or anything else for that matter to interact with other forms of life/non-life, it cannot be in a closed system. In the Computer world, there is a saying... "The only unhackable computer system is the one that is unplugged from the wall and turned off". You take sensory input for information, which is processed by the brain... even if a Neural-Phone were coonected to the audio-sensory nerves, it could still feesably be hacked. Sounds at certain specific wavelengths produce specific responses in human beings and other bilogical life Would it not be easy to use subliminal signals to hack the mind? Use the signals much like a computer modem changes sounds and signals into electrical impulses that are thusly processed and used by the end user?

Thusly, you can see one inherant problem with machines becoming smarter than us... and we, as human beings, are not unhackable, even at this stage... hasn't the government expiriments in subliminal messages tought us that?

Originally posted by ZetaGundam007
If anything, i think our end will result from something like that...a machine made with originally good intentions...but bad methods.

Bad methods are relative to the executioner. To us, they seem like bad methods. Take for example, if we grew up in a society where mentally handicapped and phisically handicapped were executed at birth? Anyone who will not be genetically productive to society is removed at birth... then the methods of that machine would not seem so unethical from our point of view.

Personally, I really wouldn't mind seeing a certain amount and type of people removed from this planet... possibly myself as well because I have, in the past, demonstrated traits that I do not approve of, and could possibly demonstrate again... but I don't want people removed by machines as a result of insignificance. It's one thing if you are a leech and waste, but it's completely different when you are simply seen as insignificant. Sometimes an insignificant thing, when taken out of the larger equation, makes a significant change to the overall end result. However, leeches are just that... leeches. They benifit nothing but themselves. They give nothing in return for the air they breathe, and think that the money they pay to eat is good enough.

Sorry... got a bit off subject there, lol... This article reflects my own personal spiritual beliefs... Techno-Humanist. I embrace Technology, but... there is a point taht we stop being or realizing we are humans. My friend sent me a link to this article, and I was gonna start a new thread on it but I'm glad I did a search... lots of interesting views on it so far.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Originally posted by Civil44

I'm not sure if I understand? Is there a correlation between advancing your intellect and modifying your ears? Or were you just posting two seperate ideas?

ya just posting two seperate ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join