It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the hell did he win?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

So the folks who voted Trump according to you are stupid. Then the other half, well less than half cause she lost. So the one's who voted Democratic are the smart one's ? The one's that are collectively losing their minds ? The one's advocating violence toward sitting members of Government ? The one's who are simply melting down because they lost the election and can't come to terms with it ? The one's who want no borders ? The one's who want free everything for everybody ? The one's who's idea's for Americas future are stagnant & stale ? The one's who voted for Trump are stupid in your eye's, but the one's that didn't sure are showing their stupidity all over the damn place. Even on ATS.
edit on 13-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No. But that wasnt part of his statement

Yes...the vase is still broke. No, Trump hasnt glued it back together. But Obama isnt off the hook for breaking it.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

but Obama started it all with an atrocious policy

With a Textbook Fascism policy. And to be against Textbook Fascism they called people "murderers". And rioted. And shot people. And goosestepped against commoners like Stereotypical Fascists.

edit on 13-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: notsure1

Gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Don't forget the Russians bots on Facebook!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed.

No, Trump hasnt glued it back together

Which was one of his promises, btw.
But we're fine as long as there's a war on Iran looming at the horizon, right?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Get with The Programming. Russian trolls buying $50,000 worth of FACEbook ads totally compares to FACEbook itself throwing a billion dollars worth of its weight towards the Hillary Machine.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Honestly, Hillary lost the wife and I during the debates.
I imagine we are not unique and many people decided to vote against Hillary.

It is sad how many on the left (of which I am usually a part) cannot seem to accept that from time to time a Republican will win.
It's not the end of the world...

EDIT: Also, she went to more cities on her 'why I didn't win' book tour than she campaigned in.

edit on 13-9-2018 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Fair enough, at least your healthcare isn't getting any worse, let's hope it stays that way.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: introvert

"paranoid conspiracies"
"inherent paranoia"
"victim mentality"

Blimey - you should get a job in the media.

See. Paranoia.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   
More people voted for him because, we where tired of how the Democrats had run the country for 8 long years. We also did not want another Clinton in the White House. Many of us also recognized the fact that a politician for President was not working. We voted in a NON-Politician, a businessman. To fix many of the wrongs inflicted upon us by liberal, Democrats. Also a non citizen President who just happens to be Muslim. We wanted someone with more traditional values. Clinton is such a liar, we knew she would not be good for USA. So more Republicans, Conservatives, and some Democrats out voted the poor choice Democrats had chosen.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Get over it already. I have never in my life seen such long term whininess. Woe is me, Woe is me... just get over it. Nobody gets everything they want, nobody.

edit on 13-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

There's 8 years of birth certificate fun with an alleged muslim president to make your point moot with.

We haven't seen a thing yet.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Agreed.

No, Trump hasnt glued it back together

Which was one of his promises, btw.
But we're fine as long as there's a war on Iran looming at the horizon, right?

The health care crisis is harder for one person's agenda to fix, but a lot easier for one person's agenda to muck up.

Obama basically through the biggest bone to health insurance companies they've seen in modern history. Anyone who didn't have health insurance was required to obtain it or be fined when it came to tax season (unless you could prove Obama care wasn't affordable, which in many cases required lots of documentation to prove such).

Never should the government dictate citizens consume a product or service provided by the private sector with the threat of punishment if you don't.

The topic is far more nuanced that just him trying to "fix" healthcare.

The largest problem was two parties benefited the most at the expense of the middle class. The poor (which I'm fine with helping the poor), and the insurance companies themselves. The poor didn't benefit as much as many proponents of the ACA would like to believe, the insurance companies had a hay day.

As for the war with Iran, those drums have been beating with every administration, and every ally of Israel, not just Trump.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: pointessa

There's 8 years of birth certificate fun with an alleged muslim president to make your point moot with.

We haven't seen a thing yet.

I didn't agree with the whole birth certificate thing, but similar tactics are being used now. There were plenty of real issues to be critical of Obama without resorting to conspiracy theory. The same is true of Trump, there are plenty of real issues to make an argument against him without using the "Russian puppet narrative.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Of course! But there's also the tendency to reduce legitimate concerns to the point of personal hatred for an orange, which is why I can't bring myself to take our self-righteous claqueurs serious.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I shouldn't bite but just in case you really did miss it and aren't just trolling:

I identified your popular catchphrases because they are precisely what is wrong with today's debate forums and mass communication.

It starts with mass communication needing viewers, hits and clicks - with none of these they cannot sell their medium and they cannot profit from selling advertising space. So the method is to employ techniques which trigger emotions which in turn create hype, talk and buzz around that particular media employing these techniques.

However there's a massive negative effect on both society and populace which comes from these media techniques - this effect has snowballed over the last two decades as the media becomes shallower and shallower.

Over time these techniques, fallacies and catchphrases which serve a purpose in media have transferred over to online debate forums, as you demonstrate in your posts above - they completely lack any sort of substance, argument or analytical focus but they are full to the brim with meaningless emotional hard-hitters.

That's the point I was making.

It's a shame that the media has dumbed down the populace so much that online and especially on ATS your approach garners respect. That's a direct result of the modern day approach to information - skimming, shallow, flash-in-the-pan-no-time-to-analyse -just-hit-and-run.

The solution is not to ban but to educate, however those in control of the education know $$s will drop as IQ rises, therefore education is kept at a level... I digress and waste far too much time replying to a front page papa.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Sitting here on another sleepless night ,mind is racing wondering how the hell he won/

despite the whole world being against him,

ABC ,CBS, NBC,CNN MSNBC, WAPO, THE NEW YORK TIMES and every other major newspaper.

Facebook, twitter,Instagram,linkdin even GOOGLE for Christs sake. Still he won..

Fake news fake polls.

The FBI ,the CIA, the DOJ ,the White House, the entire Obama administration.

You do know that was fake (scripted), right? Just like pretty much everything in wrestling.

There's your answer, IMO. Maybe the "election" really isn't all that much different than a pro wrestling match?

I've been saying it for years. I believe this is really the only thing that really makes sense. They're (mostly) acting.

edit on 13-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I identified your popular catchphrases because they are precisely what is wrong with today's debate forums and mass communication.

Catchphrases? I say what I said because it is true. Not because they are catchphrases.

It starts with mass communication needing viewers, hits and clicks - with none of these they cannot sell their medium and they cannot profit from selling advertising space. So the method is to employ techniques which trigger emotions which in turn create hype, talk and buzz around that particular media employing these techniques.

Ok. Cool.

That in no way disputes what I said.

However there's a massive negative effect on both society and populace which comes from these media techniques - this effect has snowballed over the last two decades as the media becomes shallower and shallower. Over time these techniques, fallacies and catchphrases which serve a purpose in media have transferred over to online debate forums, as you demonstrate in your posts above - they completely lack any sort of substance, argument or analytical focus but they are full to the brim with meaningless emotional hard-hitters.

That's the point I was making.

That is not the point you were trying to make. If it were, you would have made it.

But you didn't.

It's a shame that the media has dumbed down the populace so much that online and especially on ATS your approach garners respect. That's a direct result of the modern day approach to information - skimming, shallow, flash-in-the-pan-no-time-to-analyse -just-hit-and-run.

What's sad is that you are so paranoid that you think this is some sort of media conspiracy.

No. It's not. You guys are paranoid pansies that love to play the victim at every opportunity. In fact, ATS is ripe with threads that prove that.

"FB censors conservatives", "the media is out to get us", etc, etc, and on and on.

The solution is not to ban but to educate, however those in control of the education know $$s will drop as IQ rises, therefore education is kept at a level... I digress and waste far too much time replying to a front page papa.

See. More paranoia and conspiracy.

The media is against you. The education system is against you, etc, etc...and on and on.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

At least you took the time to read the reply, for that I am grateful.

T-R-I-G-G-E-R-E-D.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

He won because of the democrats.

The democrats did the impossible and selected the only candidate that was able to out scandal trump on any scandal , lies,corruption, and the only candidate in history to be under a criminal investigation while running for POTUS whos husband had been previously impeached.
Yeah who could have seen this happen?

Everyone new she sucked as the DNC pick, yet they forced on her on the Democrats by cheating and the people. What they didn't count on was that her suckability rating was so high , that not even by cheating like they did with Bernie could they win.

That doesn't even count the DNC PC bs ,that labels everyone racist,homophobic and sexist if they don't agree with them. Unfortunately they are doubling down this coming election with the Russians and their BS and so we will get another 4 yrs of trump.

I did a thread on it.
OWN IT, the 2016 election is your doing

edit on 28930America/ChicagoThu, 13 Sep 2018 08:28:16 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join