It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shares huricane Florence photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Saw this earlier today and thought I would share.

Hope they got their crap together on the coast.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Launch some moabs around the circumference of the inner eye. Maybe that would kill some of the strength of that monster.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Launch some moabs around the circumference of the inner eye. Maybe that would kill some of the strength of that monster.

This problem has been solved in the public domain for more than 25 years...HAARP crap, nonwithstanding. Drag a mile or two of air lines, along the bottom of the ocean, in the likely path/s, and bubble the cold water to the surface....which will interrupt the building of the storms, by the warm surface waters.

One would think if nothing else, that the insurance companies would put together a small fleet, to prevent payouts. But, perhaps the game is larger and/or longer than I can see.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Beautiful shot of our Earth,stunning just how big hurricanes can get always just blows me away...pun intended.

Looking nice and spherical too!

a reply to: Enderdog
Harmful to sea life and considering the area required for proper treatment expensive and unfeasible IMO.
I like the idea of building infrastucted designed to withstand the elements of the area. In other words quit building standard wood framed bungalows in tranado ally. Build underground or have a hobbit style home in which the wind can’t pick you up because your house is mounded in dirt like a Viking long house. Dome structures or even extendable anchors for your roof. Cutting the wind resistance is key aswell as being able to withstand the debris.
edit on 12-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Sort of an aside...but I wonder if we've ever seen two storms of this magnitude, merge....would they cancel or double, relatively speaking?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Are they trying to convince us the earth is round still???

lol. j/k

Looks cloudy!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
That’s how you get The Day After Tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

This problem has been solved in the public domain for more than 25 years...HAARP crap, nonwithstanding. Drag a mile or two of air lines, along the bottom of the ocean, in the likely path/s, and bubble the cold water to the surface....which will interrupt the building of the storms, by the warm surface waters.

One would think if nothing else, that the insurance companies would put together a small fleet, to prevent payouts. But, perhaps the game is larger and/or longer than I can see.

Could the ships survive in those waves?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Probably dance around and feed off of each other, like a couple of giant death dealing tops, and probably rain themselves out after wrecking everything.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Very good point! Pretty hard to set depth charges in 25meter swells...
Would be a recipe for disaster.

a reply to: highvein

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Beautiful shot of our Earth,stunning just how big hurricanes can get always just blows me away...pun intended.

Looking nice and spherical too!

Harmful to sea life and considering the area required for proper treatment expensive and unfeasible IMO.
I like the idea of building infrastucted designed to withstand the elements of the area. In other words quit building standard wood framed bungalows in tranado ally. Build underground or have a hobbit style home in which the wind can’t pick you up because your house is mounded in dirt like a Viking long house. Dome structures or even extendable anchors for your roof. Cutting the wind resistance is key aswell as being able to withstand the debris.

Hmmm...so you think it would be better...assuming both methods are feasible...that we just allow the storms to hit, and replace all the current infrastructure with (I'm assuming, very very cool!) Hurricane proof buildings?

I think that while no doubt, there would be some damage to sea habitat, it would be relatively small areas, that would heal, much like wildfire areas do.

I also believe that since we have these storms, they are probably integral to the cycles of nature and renewal. So, I would only interrupt storms that have a probability of coming ashore in densely populated areas.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

Could the ships survive in those waves?

These would be churning up the bottom waters, ahead of likely storm paths, before it was more than normally wavy. The cold water from below, and the warm surface waters, would mix with the turbulence, and take awhile to re-separate into thermoclines.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well they have been replaced before and will be replaced again and again until we learn they don’t work in that environment. Wildfires clear out old growth and are a cyclical part of natural, I don’t think their is a natural process comparable to wild fires in the ocean at least to my knowledge.

The concussive shockwaves would devistate every single fish for miles and miles.

If the storms are an itergral part of nature should they even be stopped then?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Well they have been replaced before and will be replaced again and again until we learn they don’t work in that environment. Wildfires clear out old growth and are a cyclical part of natural, I don’t think their is a natural process comparable to wild fires in the ocean at least to my knowledge.

The concussive shockwaves would devistate every single fish for miles and miles.

If the storms are an itergral part of nature should they even be stopped then?

OK...I think you are confused. The solution I am discussing...in response to the moab idea...involves no explosions. Simply dragging pressurized air lines along the bottom. The air bubbles carry up cold water from the bottom, to interrupt the warm water engine that drives hurricanes.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Would this method even have an effect in 25meter waves? Could u even do it in the swells.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Awesome! So awesome and beautiful. The power of nature in all her glory!

But meanwhile... downgraded to a Cat 2 this morning. Bummer.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl
The weather gods have turned their attention to this storm and have degraded it substantially just in time, tho the ammount of rain will still be problematic unless they decide to push this beast away from the coast for a glancing blow...stay tuned!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

This always happens.
I get it, since Katrina and the mess in the Caribbean last year they have to make sure they use every scare tactic in the books with these storms. Plus there's been hardly any action out there compared to last year, so they're starving for a big weather story. But jeez... I was hoping for something really good. #, by the time it rolls into the coast it'll be a 1, or a tropical storm and it'll be like someone left the sprinkler on. Oh well.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Why not nuke it? :-O

In a speech delivered at the National Press Club on October 11, 1961, Francis W. Riechelderfer, the head of the U.S. Weather Bureau, said he could “imagine the possibility someday of exploding a nuclear bomb on a hurricane far at sea.”

source

top topics

join