It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook censors again

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: DBCowboy

But can people at least be honest now and say that the social media giants are leftist partisan douchebags?

No. But since they've banned Abby Martins Empire Files and TeleSur, we can say that the social media giants are neocon partisan douchebags.

Atlantic Council anyone?

In case you missed years of discussions on ATS the Neocons are Leftist Douchebags!

Perhaps on ATS ,but in the real world neocons have no allegiance to the left or the right, their allegiance lies with money and power.

We need an ATS dictionary to make said discussions matter in a way that matters!

Neoconservatives - lefties
Neoliberals - communists
Antifa - terror organisation
NeoNazis - Free Speech advocates

Hope I didn't forget anything important now?

edit on 14-9-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Fake news sharing in US is a rightwing thing, says study

Low-quality, extremist, sensationalist and conspiratorial news published in the US was overwhelmingly consumed and shared by rightwing social network users, according to a new study from the University of Oxford.

The findings speak to the level of polarisation common across the US political divide. “The two main political parties, Democrats and Republicans, prefer different sources of political news, with limited overlap,” the researchers write.

But there was a clear skew in who shared links from the 91 sites the researchers had manually coded as “junk news” (based on breaching at least three of five quality standards including “professionalism”, “bias” and “credibility”). “The Trump Support group consumes the highest volume of junk news sources on Twitter, and spreads more junk news sources, than all the other groups put together. This pattern is repeated on Facebook, where the Hard Conservatives group consumed the highest proportion of junk news.”

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I quit my facebook account a year ago. Never been happier without it. UK here.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

That will work, perhaps some sort of scale like anything left of centre with a sliding scale into the negative and anything right of center into the positive. .

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

They definitely are leftist partisan douchebags and the sheep who don't see it are as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
a reply to: Justoneman

this OP

So your saying no to examples that might prove your point.

OK
edit on 14-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

To answer you question about the legality of the censorsh

ip - sorry, but it is legal. You had to agree to the FB Terms and Conditions to join. That gives them the right. The First Amendment only applies to government censorship.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

FACEBOOK JUST BANNED ME AS I AM PLANNING THE #WalkAway March on Washington!!! I have been banned from posting leading up to the March. This is devastated for our ability to reach people!!! I was banned for mentioning my interview with Alex Jones. Can anybody help???

twitter.com... ip-of-the-right-righhhhttttttttt%2F

Yes. It is legal for a private company to censor and ban people.

Lets get that out of the way.

But can people at least be honest now and say that the social media giants are leftist partisan douchebags?

After a long and careful analysis, I've reached the conclusion that the social media giants are leftist partisan douchebags.

I'll add a few descriptions of my own: Stupid, brainwashed, peer-pressured douchebags with more money than sense. The kind of people that ACTUALLY think a certain female candidate would have been the LESSER of two evils.

The world is a strange place with great beauty and a lot of stupid people.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Facebook has the freedom to ban whoever they want. And no matter how much i love freedom of speech i wouldnt defend nazis.

Ummm...so the #walkaway group of democrats that are walking away from the democrat party that are the subject of the OP...are Nazi's...?

That's who just got banned from facebook...dude...

Please try to keep up...

They're the ones with the photoshopped memes using Shutterstock "walk away Democrats."

Now, I did take the time to listen to several of these videos and like almost all Democrats, my response was "where the heck did they come up with all that?" It sounds like stuff from the troll factory on 4Chan.

Do I believe some of them are sincere? Absolutely. I also believe that a good number of them are from trolls, troll factories (and foreign) and some are fakes to troll the Democrats.

Brandon Straka himself is unconvincing as "a former liberal/Democrat" -- he's much more believable as "I heard some great talking points about Democrats so I joined the Democrats. Then my friend told me about the Men's Rights movements and White Rights movements and how what was happening was wrong and BOOM! Now I'm not a Democrat." He's pretty darn shallow and his bias -- the factoids he hits on are from carefully selected news stories and many of these controversial "headlines" are from op-eds and blogs -- just doesn't ring true.

He doesn't appear to read much beyond headlines.

This kind of shallow reader is easily influenced by memes and headlines; if another good set of memes comes along, Brandon will undoubtedly change his stance again.

To answer your question, I would say that the banning comes because they're fake accounts that are pumping up the hashtag with manufactured memes using Shutterstock people.

Brandon is now trying to say that the fake accounts aren't part of the movement... but he's not having a lot of success selling that narrative.

See:
www.dailydot.com...

a local news station investigates, concludes they're fake

Conservative news site The Hill says they're fake

Salon - it's fake

...and more.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Uberdoubter

Infowars.com

The truth will set you free my dude.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topato

Infowars.com

Alex Jones may have become somewhat overly agitated with the passing of time, but there is one mistake the brainwashed masses do: They disregard him on the grounds of "preposterousness".

Someone makes a statement about something he's said being "preposterous". So therefore it must be a lie. It's the kind of false logic that makes a lot of people believe a certain female presidential candidate makes Mother Theresa look bad.

There is also a tendency to disregard ALL claims by the "conspiracy theory crowd" if there is sufficent (circumstantial) evidence that ONE of the theories does not hold water.

The moon not being a solid block of Camambert does not prove anything AT ALL - one way or another - about 9/11, the moonlandings, Sandy Hook or anything. I make no statement about either of those last three, but I'm convinced the moon is not 100% Camembert. It's not runny - besides it's hollow.

People in general do not have the mental gears to be able to handle two thoughts at the same time, or to see the difference between claims, evidence and facts. They all listen to the highest ranking loudmouth. Alex Jones is loud, but they've been told he's raving mad, so everything he says must be wrong.

As for all this censorship: Who decides what is "fake news" and what is not? Who decides what should be "morally allowed" or not? Facebook? Google? General Electric? Coca Cola? Dutch Bros?

You get my drift - it's all a load of BS.
edit on 15-9-2018 by Uberdoubter because: MInor edit.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
*WHINE WHINE WHINE*

Go and make your own alt-right twitter-clone!

gab.ai...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter

Infowars.com

Alex Jones may have become somewhat overly agitated with the passing of time, but there is one mistake the brainwashed masses do: They disregard him on the grounds of "preposterousness".

Someone makes a statement about something he's said being "preposterous". So therefore it must be a lie. It's the kind of false logic that makes a lot of people believe a certain female presidential candidate makes Mother Theresa look bad.

There is also a tendency to disregard ALL claims by the "conspiracy theory crowd" if there is sufficent (circumstantial) evidence that ONE of the theories does not hold water.

The moon not being a solid block of Camambert does not prove anything AT ALL - one way or another - about 9/11, the moonlandings, Sandy Hook or anything. I make no statement about either of those last three, but I'm convinced the moon is not 100% Camembert. It's not runny - besides it's hollow.

People in general do not have the mental gears to be able to handle two thoughts at the same time, or to see the difference between claims, evidence and facts. They all listen to the highest ranking loudmouth. Alex Jones is loud, but they've been told he's raving mad, so everything he says must be wrong.

As for all this censorship: Who decides what is "fake news" and what is not? Who decides what should be "morally allowed" or not? Facebook? Google? General Electric? Coca Cola? Dutch Bros?

You get my drift - it's all a load of BS.

That's what I'm saying. We are being lied to. A LOT.

People need to start using their noggins again.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Straka is guilty of censorship as well...

‘Free Speech’ WalkAway Leader Brandon Straka Censors Questions, Runs From Interview

...and FB can legally censor anyone, anytime and w/out explanation.

Facebook Can Legally Block Pages Without Any Explanation

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Facebook/youtube/google, Big Tech is the propaganda arm of Big Brother.

Luckily, we will build our own systems and won't have to worry about being censored by the thought police.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Blarneystoner

Facebook/youtube/google, Big Tech is the propaganda arm of Big Brother.

Luckily, we will build our own systems and won't have to worry about being censored by the thought police.

Already built.... but thanks for the euphemism.... I've always been curious to know who those brothers are... deep state... shadow government... etc...

Mastadon
edit on 18-9-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join