It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook censors again

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: DBCowboy

But can people at least be honest now and say that the social media giants are leftist partisan douchebags?

No. But since they've banned Abby Martins Empire Files and TeleSur, we can say that the social media giants are neocon partisan douchebags.

Atlantic Council anyone?

In case you missed years of discussions on ATS the Neocons are Leftist Douchebags!

Perhaps on ATS ,but in the real world neocons have no allegiance to the left or the right, their allegiance lies with money and power.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Brandon Straka (The Unsilent Minority)

More
Facebook lifted my ban &contacted a leftist reporter. I did not know the ban was lifted. The reporter then did a hit piece on me & @DiamondandSilk saying that we r among many conservative liars following a trend of making up stories about being banned. The left is out of control

From his Twitter feed.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

originally posted by: notsure1
Whats funny is the same morons think Kapernick should not be censored by the NFL.

The whole its their business they can do what they want just flies out the window,,

That goes both ways:

How dare a private company/business FB censor people!

NFL has a RIGHT to ban kneeling, they're a business!

& etc.

:/

Hypocrites, the lot.

Not censorship in the NFL case because it is not banning kneeling but on the job protests while on the clock as any other time they can do whatever they want and you all know it.

You can't show me where the rest of us non Leftist or the good non douchebags D's are saying "Colin K. can't kneel". We are saying people shouldn't do it on their job if it costs your company money and fans and the boss hates it. The boss gets to decide if you can do something like that on their time.

Anyone can do it on his own time and therefore he is FREE to do it all day if he wishes while off the clock.

Ahem.

It's policy.

Whether user policy or employee policy, it's company policy, to which one agrees.
edit on 13-9-2018 by SirHardHarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: kx1722

Thank you.

Will consider your offer.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: kx1722

DBCowboy, you just got a taste of the disgusting concept of bad 'censorship'.
I can help you if you are serious about it, but definitely I will not discuss anything about it publicly.

If you're interested, let me know how to reach you outside this box and I may try to find you.
To all of you nay sayers, a big X off, losers, get off my back.

I've been reading ATS for years and I created an account just now for this purpose,
right after reading about this crap they pulled on you.

Somebody's got to stop this BS.
Signing off.

I would suggest you Private Message DB.
Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it.
I tried it first and got a cozy little message saying I can only gracefully PM ATS staff.
Maybe cause it's a new account, who knows. Anyway...
I have no time for middleman control BS so I tried here next.
It's the kind of crap I'm talking about.
Thanks again, though, cheers.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think this will work.

The quickest and easiest way to delete your account is to either use the Facebook “Help” menu (searching “delete account”) to pull up the deletion page, or to go to facebook.com/help/delete_account.

And this if we can find something to replace it for the cloud.

"As you probably already know, your entire experience in the Google Empire is dictated by the preferences on your Google Account. Quitting Google altogether can happen in a couple of ways. Option One: Logout and do not log back in. Turn on private browsing for additional protection from Google's data gobbling cookies and trackers. Option Two: Delete your Google Account altogether, and in turn, sacrifice your data to the Internet Gods."

Do they now offer complete deletion? When I got rod of mine (2014ish) the option was only to deactivate, in which all your data was still retained.

You can't get it back, true. Deactivate and don't give them any more.

That wasn't the question.

When I got rid of mine *deactivation* was the only option.

Do they now offer "deletion" is the question.

Sadly, no.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

A reply to Care:
"Attorney General Jeff Sessions Prepares to Drop the Hammer on Google, Facebook, Twitter."

I will be surprised if he finally does something that helps the citizens against any conglomerates. But I will not hold my breath waiting.

Gotta love the far right.

All about free markets until some private company won't sell your BS, then it is all about Big Government.

MY position you pretendis BS, happens to be a former D now Libertarian and you seem to be all in Communist eh?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Social Media isn't even trying to hide they are part of the deep state anymore.....so when does ATS get hit ?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Social Media isn't even trying to hide they are part of the deep state anymore.....so when does ATS get hit ?
When I made this new ATS account (a couple of hours back) I was given the options "facebook, google" and some other option(s) I don't recall right now, meaning I must have one of those accounts first in order to get one here on ATS. I didn't see any 'normal' alternative I could use instead for creating the account (as I've known them from before) , such as the usual "type your email address and choose a password, verify email address and you're done". Instead, you're forced to have one of those other accounts first if you want to post here on ATS. Think of the implications.

So in other words, are you locked out of facebook and it's all you [thought you] had? Then forget about joining ATS. At least that was my immediate impression.

Twitter is forcing people to give them a phone number. They lock your account (with reason or without it), and then ask you for a phone number in order to "unlock" it. What kind of BS is this? Never mind of course that now your phone number is stored somewhere and directly connected to you in who knows what database. Reddit has threads on it. Recently I made an account on twitter and it got locked within ten minutes of its creation, and I hadn't even posted anything with it nor broken any of their rules.

I never liked this "account registration" BS. I knew there was something going on ever since they started with it. Now the real purpose behind it is getting clearer.

Just a couple of thoughts.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Maybe if right wing media would stop spreading fake news, they wouldn't be banned so much.

That is one thing they fail to mention, the news sources being banned are usually fake news with a history of spreading false allegations, crazy conspiracy theories and stories with so much cherry picked facts that it completely changes what the actual story was about.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

They lifted the ban and then contacted a reporter of their liking to cover the story.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2smart4u
Maybe if right wing media would stop spreading fake news, they wouldn't be banned so much.

That is one thing they fail to mention, the news sources being banned are usually fake news with a history of spreading false allegations, crazy conspiracy theories and stories with so much cherry picked facts that it completely changes what the actual story was about.

Can you give us examples?

Because we sure have tons of those fake-em stories we found from the BSNBC networks, CNN and Rachel Madow (mad cow some say).

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

They lifted the ban and then contacted a reporter of their liking to cover the story.

He was never banned.

He made it up to create a victim story to gin-up about 60K in Gofundme cash.

He posted on FB 3 times over the 24 hours he claimed to be banned.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

this OP

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus
He made it up to create a victim story to gin-up about 60K in Gofundme cash.

Martyr syndrome seems to be the way today. And people actually throw their money at these people. Astounding.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If you don’t like a product, don’t use it.

Capitalism at work.

Creating a monopoly for single product is called a monopoly.

Also called cronyism which is what those corporate fascists are doing.

Not capitalism at work.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Facebook has the freedom to ban whoever they want. And no matter how much i love freedom of speech i wouldnt defend nazis.

Ummm...so the #walkaway group of democrats that are walking away from the democrat party that are the subject of the OP...are Nazi's...?

That's who just got banned from facebook...dude...

Please try to keep up...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Facebook has the freedom to ban whoever they want. And no matter how much i love freedom of speech i wouldnt defend nazis.

Ummm...so the #walkaway group of democrats that are walking away from the democrat party that are the subject of the OP...are Nazi's...?

Please try to keep up...

YouSir

I thought Nazis hated gays.
This #WalkAway guy is a proud Gay man...vocally leaving the Democrat Party.
NOW, he's a Gay Nazi?

Kind of like how Black Republicans become 'Uncle Toms' as soon as they stray from the Democrat plantation.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm always dreaming of the day when something new comes along and Facebook becomes just another derelict internet backwater that barely gets enough traffic to justify it's existence. It would be priceless if Zuckerberg somehow goes broke and ends up begging for change on a sidewalk somehow in the process, too.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Please try to keep up...

YouSir

This idiot was not banned.

Try to keep up.

As far as the "walkaway" group. The pics used in the campaign of Dems choosing to "walkaway" turned out to be clipped from Shutterstock and the twitter parade was shown indisputably to be from Russian Bots.

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join