It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Meeting With Iran to Salvage Nuke Deal With Rogue Diplomacy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Fallingdown

Iran is hostile to us?

I think 'Death to America' is in their national anthem, they sure chant it a lot.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Iran is hostile to us?

If you don't know the answer to that. You shouldn't even be in this conversation .

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Kerry might be setting up a false flag.

The zer0Bama admin is still not accepting the 2016 election results.

Vicious and jealous they all are.

🎃

Scorched earth reprisals will come into play at some point when desperation climaxes and all hope is lost of destroying Trump and ending his presidency.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Iran is hostile to us?

I think 'Death to America' is in their national anthem, they sure chant it a lot.

"Death To America" isn't bad. . . it's what the leftists in the US are chanting!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

a reply to: howtonhawky

If Kerry is making negotiations with the Iranians, it's a violation plain and simple. Kerry is a person that could make future promises to them that would be enacted once democrats win the presidency again.

Possibly but not a violation of the logan act.

Maybe collusion?

Oh wait that is not a crime.

Conspiracy possibly but you would first need to prove collusion.

I heard these things take time and great effort to prove but what do i know.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Actually, the saying is "God is great and The Netherlands second!".

They tend to reserve the very special greetings for the birthday of a total war, that only emerged from a plume of hazardous dust to wage war with terror. Forever.

Happy 17th anniversary!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Maybe try reading it.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
If he is lying in the interview and he did, in fact, try to make agreements then this is a Logan Act violation, and I believe any such acts should be investigated. I'm on board.

I did, however, have a feeling that the source was tainted so I opened up the transcript of the interview and tried to match the quotes, 5 to 6 words a time. It was hard to find the actual part of the article quoted as most of the quotes, even when put in quotation marks, are reworded or cut up to fit what the writer wanted to imply. The fact that they were kept in quotation marks tells you how much this writer and the FreeBeacon actually care about accuracy.

Having read the interview, I now know that Kerry did not go to Iran but he met Zarif at international conferences, along with the leaders of France, Germany, Britain, China and Russia. He lists two of the conferences where world leaders met where he saw Zarif -- a conference in Norway and at the World Economic Forum in Munich. It is not discussed but one would imagine all sorts of American diplomats at those same conventions, including ones from the current administration.

Second, both the interviewer and Kerry are clear that no negotiations took place. That is not allowed as Kerry mentions here:

No, that’s not my job, and my coaching him would not, you know, that’s not how it works. What I have done is tried to elicit from him what Iran might be willing to do in order to change the dynamic in the Middle East for the better. You know, how does one resolve Yemen? What do you do to try to get peace in Syria? I mean, those are the things that really are preoccupying, because those are the impediments to people, to Iran’s ability to convince people that it’s ready to embrace something different.

Compare just this small section to what is chopped up and added on to in the link. You have to check every word, the author is careful to add in a 'him' or a word here and there, and cut out what he doesn't like.

Anyways, like I said, if Kerry is lying and he did in fact try to influence and coordinate and it was not at the public conferences other diplomats attended as well, then it is a clear violation and should be investigated.

This source used, on the other hand, gives me absolutely no certainty in claiming that -- it's obviously a propaganda piece that is surreptitiously inaccurate.

Anyways, anything I've said here won't be taken seriously as it seems people these days have a pathological need to be lied to.

link   
I didn't like most of what Kerry did in office and I think he is wrong now. One thing I did like about him is that he is the only one in the Obama administration that I ever heard speak out against genocide of Christians in the Middle East.

link   

Maybe try reading it.

That is a pretty low blow.

Ever asked yourself why the law is not used or do you just want to continue in the thought that all the actions of people being accused of violation of the logan act are just ignored cause of corruption and failure of the justice system. Just msm fodder you are caught up in my friend.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I have two words for all ya criminal deal-breakers from the other side of the pond, running high on cherry-picked tokes of campaign fumes from the last ejaculation-circle:

The Hague.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Thank you. I wish I would have thought to do that, especially as I know the Free Beacon is a neocon propaganda rag.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Despite his Loyalist background, Logan was able to take part in the political life of the new United States. In 1785 he was elected to the Pennsylvania legislature, serving for four years; and he was elected for another term in the late 1790s.

en.wikipedia.org...

In 1798, he went to Paris to negotiate peace with the French to settle the Quasi-War. On his return, he found he had been denounced by the anti-Jeffersonian Federalists, who had passed a statute informally known as the "Logan Act", which made it a crime for an individual citizen to interfere in a dispute between the United States and a foreign country. In 1800, the year Jefferson was elected president, Logan was elected to the U.S. Senate for a six-year term.

The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized persons with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States. Logan Act - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org...

Even wiki gets it wrong from the dates and even using the term citizen.

George Logan was an elected official when he took the trip.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

So wiki is wrong, and everyone else is wrong and you are right?

Yep sounds about the right mentality.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I have two words for all ya criminal deal-breakers from the other side of the pond, running high on cherry-picked tokes of campaign fumes from the last ejaculation-circle:

The Hague.

US is not going to work with the ICC. It is pretty much dead to us.

Word for Word: John Bolton Says U.S. Will Not Cooperate with International Criminal Court (C-SPAN)
1:41

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

So wiki is wrong, and everyone else is wrong and you are right?

Yep sounds about the right mentality.

eta nevermind and disreguard this post... i see you used a gif

lol

It is what it is

I specifically pointed out two errors on the page.

How about address that and not myself personally?

George Logan was an elected official at the time. The time was 1798 but the bill was enacted in 1799. The wording of the act uses the term person but wiki uses the term citizen. msm fodder

George Logan was not even punished with the law because it was not enacted into law yet.

Do not hate the player!

edit on 12-9-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

youre not a player, not at all

What you do , is you cherry pick little lines in posts, or articles and try to twist it into some brain jumbling , mental gymnastics that only your logic can understand

Then try to claim victory.

Every single poster here on ATS knows it

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

That's the joke right there, don't mind me though. Fcking Frisian pot heads with gay international law frogs and their old human rights cheese, who on Ceres cares anyway! Right?

Right? ... Right? To victory, comrades!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So? I didn't realize Kerry was apart of the Trump administration and apart of the resistance inside said administration.

Oh wait.. he's not.

Funny though, I bet I can threads where you praised GOP Senators for writing a letter to Iran stating that they will do everything they can to sabotage the deal President Obama was apart of during his time as POTUS.

Hypocrite much?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Didn't Lerch get the MEMO ? He isn't a Member of the Federal Government ANYMORE .......STFU Citizen Kerry !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join