It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half way to the moon. Can someone explain this video to me?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Moon mines. Mars mines. Asteroid mines. Bring 'em on.

Maybe not within my lifetime, but certainly within my nieces lifetime, it'll start. Provided we don't destroy ourselves.

Wealth beyond the dreams of avarice await anyone who can make it economically feasible.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I doubt they are halfway to the moon. I don't believe the ISS is that far out either. As far as I am aware, we are currently unable to fly any farther than low earth orbit. I don't believe anyone has made it to the moon yet.

The ISS is only supposed to be 250 miles up, which is in low Earth orbit -- exactly where they say it is.

Two people on the ground (say one in Toronto and one in New York City) working in unison can confirm this by measuring how high up above the horizon the ISS is on a given pass that is visible from both locations at the same time. They can compare their findings, do a little math, and figure out how high it is.

Any two people, all by themselves.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Yes that would be the a logical plan to lay out. I don’t think many people really believe we will have people living on mars in the next 20 years. Space X is drumming up interest in the field of space so the coming generations can get involved.

Personally I wouldn’t be getting on any one way trip to mars not anytime soon anyways.
Nothing there but dusty rocks and CO2, earth is way better.

I am leaning more towards the futures on these planets being in subtranaians climate controlled spaces. Send bots to build the fascility and start crops,generate oxygen get it nice n cozy for us first.

a reply to: toms54

When I was young, they were telling us we would have bases on the bottom of the ocean by now. Maybe cities. Jules Verne style. That's something that never happened either. Whole bunch of stuff never happened, not just flying cars.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

I must have missed the part that proves a hoax. I saw the entire earth as they stated.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Fair enough retracted.... right you are currently we do not have a ship that we can simply get into
And take off to the moon....we have the ability to make said ship again but yet you are right we currently don’t have a usable one...

My apologies I was dragging in preconceived notions from another recent similar thread I had read here and I was a bit shocked at your stance.....faith fully restored and I’ll work on
My reading comprehension.

a reply to: Zaphod58

If we dont have one what is this?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

One that's in testing. It's nowhere near ready for someone to jump in and head to the moon. You wouldn't fly a plane once and start flying passengers on it. Or if you would, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be on it.
edit on 9/12/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Meh...so they say.
If the military continued to send men to the moon, and maintain equipment that is capable, would we know about if they didn't want us to?
I highly doubt it.
The world is a big place...not hard to hide a launch platform and facility capable of doing so...especially if all they needed was a spaceplane to get into orbit, then from an orbital platform to the moon.
None of which is outside even commercial technology range...money range maybe, but not tech.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Just so we are clear, we went to the moon and could go back if we wanted too, just no point at the moment. As seagull put it once it’s ecenomicaly feasible while to mine the moon, H3,titanium you name it on tap all on a barren lifeless so we can mine with impunity.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hidden from other countries survalence satilites too?
How would they go about hiding a secret space program from
Russia or China?

It’s possible for a private citizen to own a space based company so money isn’t the issue.
a reply to: MightyDillHole

edit on 12-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I won't like that the first far away scene is really blurry.....then gets super perfect as they zoom

Dats not right.....we could get a better ficus in 1967 with a polaroid

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I won't like that the first far away scene is really blurry.....then gets super perfect as they zoom

That's kind of how a zoom lens works.

Dats not right.....we could get a better ficus in 1967 with a polaroid

Maybe, maybe not, but this isn't a Polaroid, it's a specially developed TV camera.

Moving on from that to try and answer some of the OP's specific questions, the second TV segment shown was broadcast almost 24 hours after the first one, and you can see how much the storm system of Hurricane Bernice has degraded in that time. Both broadcasts were made with the USA's east coast just heading into darkness, and the bulk of the area on show is the Pacific Ocean.

These two images show the different broadcasts matched up with the satellite images, together with a view from Stellarium showing what should be visible

It's often claimed that the footage in the OP video was secret and not intended to be seen by the public but both these views appeared in the next day's newspapers, and stills from the broadcast also appeared in books and magazines published at the time together with transcripts of the audio. This youtube shows the second broadcast appearing in the evening news:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In every discussion of the moon landing there is one very important fact ignored, the moon race was played between USA and USSR so if the Apollo mission was faked the Russians would have yelled FAKE! FAKE!... they were close to beating the USA but their main Engineer Sergei Korolev died.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MightyDillHole

I suppose that could be happening... But to convince me I'll need something other than unsubstantiated rumour fielded as fact.

Where would you put a "secret" launching facility that isn't impossible to conceal from unwelcome eyes? Thirty years ago? Maybe. Fifty years ago? Again, maybe. Today? Good luck.

Launch facilities are monstrous things. Not to mention the launches themselves. Rockets aren't exactly stealthy creatures.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Just so we are clear, we went to the moon and could go back if we wanted too, just no point at the moment. As seagull put it once it’s ecenomicaly feasible while to mine the moon, H3,titanium you name it on tap all on a barren lifeless so we can mine with impunity.

Why are we talking about mining the moon? Much of that stuff is available in Antartica and we don't mine that. Whatever keeps us from mining the earth first? Wouldn't we end up with the same type of treaties for the moon?

<< 1   >>

join