It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half way to the moon. Can someone explain this video to me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm just going straight to skunkworks with this one. Save everyone the time and effort lol.
But okay, here's this video that's been around for a while that I'd like to discuss. No doubt many on ATS are familiar with it.

Before we start I'd like to state, I am here for a civil and hopefully intelligent discussion. I am not making claims of fake or real.
I'm here to add to my knowledge bank either way. No bias.

If you do respond to this post regardless of your view point please stay on topic and avoid abusing others.
It's okay to agree to disagree. Just please, let's show some mutual respect.

If you do answer, and you feel your answer is fact and not opinion, please provide links or evidence to back your claims.
Although good old factless opinions are welcome.
Just would like to not see this thread locked or have it turn into a Circus. We're all adults here and this is NOT facebook/reddit.
Seriously echo chambers are no fun.

The video is apparently footage from the Apollo 11 mission when it is half way to the moon.

So with that out of the way, the video and some simple questions.

Is this video legit NASA footage?

If it is, what is going on exactly?

Why are they filming the Earth from the other side of the vehicle when most official vision of the scene always seems to be presented as if the camera is right up against the window. That we're getting a image of the full Earth, not a image of a part of Earth through a window?

Why is that astronaut, forget which one it is, Collins maybe? holding something against the windows that seems to be adding an effect of 'shadow' to the Earth?

Are they really half way to the moon at this point, or a low Earth orbit?

If they're not 'faking' anything, then what exactly are they doing in it and why?

Would the light in the windows be so blue if they were halfway between the moon and the Earth?
Or is the 'blueness' a trick of the light or something?

Why do the clouds seem so thick and large as if the shot is close to Earth, instead of finer and whispier as might be expected looking at modern satellite and ISS images?

What specific piece of land can we see in the Earth Shot hidden beneath the clouds?
Seems like, at least to me, a piece of a land mass, not an entire country or continent. Be great to match it up on google maps or similar to get an idea of scale.

If I've missed anything feel free to pose your own questions relating to this footage.
I look forward to your responses and a great discussion.
Cheers.

edit on 12-9-2018 by AtomicKangaroo because: removed a double bit of text.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The earth appears round!
That’s for sure!

Looks like the part of the earth under the clouds is the Pasfic Ocean perhaps, I
only think that due to the apparent size of the blue.

Nothing really jumps out at me as suspescious. The astronaughts all appear to be the peaple who supposedly did the mission.

I skimmed your video so I could see shots of earth,the space craft and the men. They all look
As they should at least when compared to other footage I’ve seen.

I am gunna take the liberty to stir the pot right off the cuff too.

Magnetic fields extend infinitely, at what point do we really leave earths magnetosphere? At what point do we enter the feilds of other bodies? Are we ever truly without any magnetic field? I personally think not, that magnetic feilds extend,overlap,intertwine and interact with each other permeating the entire cosmos.

a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

edit on 12-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Have you not seen the video. They actually tell you that is the Pacific Ocean and the North America land mass. Probably what is confusing you a bit is the first part of the video the Earth is on its side, ie the poles are at the sides. Then later in the video they reorientation and film it with the poles at the top and bottom.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I doubt they are halfway to the moon. I don't believe the ISS is that far out either. As far as I am aware, we are currently unable to fly any farther than low earth orbit. I don't believe anyone has made it to the moon yet.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

They're not half way to the moon. They're 400 km ish above the Earth.

If the Earth was a classroom globe. Iss would sit 1cm away from its surface.

I'm having trouble linking from searchbar. I can't paste address. Or i would link the heavens above site.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

36:05

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

We can't because we don't have any craft capable of it right now.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ohhhh zaphod.....😩
Your supposed to stir the pot not overboil it and bake it onto the stove.

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I wasn't aware that starting fact was stirring the pot.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54
I don't believe anyone has made it to the moon yet.
I also don't "believe" anyone has made it to the Moon. I know it for a fact based on the preponderance of evidence that supports the claim. No faith required, the astronauts left a lot of stuff behind that can be, and has been, verified.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well if the local ATS aircraft and military aircraft expert earnestly believes we as humans don’t have the capability to go to the moon i really am left holding the bag then.

I just can’t for the life of me figure out how they got lunar laser ranging experiment installed on the moon without anyone there actually being there.... shocking really.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Apparently you didn't read what I said very well.

capable of it right now.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Fair enough retracted.... right you are currently we do not have a ship that we can simply get into
And take off to the moon....we have the ability to make said ship again but yet you are right we currently don’t have a usable one...

My apologies I was dragging in preconceived notions from another recent similar thread I had read here and I was a bit shocked at your stance.....faith fully restored and I’ll work on
My reading comprehension.

edit on 12-9-2018 by Athetos because: Derpa derpa doo

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Apollo was capable of going to the moon, and did, more than once.

Unfortunately, NASA/Congress, in their infinite wisdom [/sarc], decided against any further development of Apollo.

We no longer have the tech to go.

Which is what Zaph said.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The footage is genuine, the interpretation is not.

The first Earth shown was from an unscheduled TV broadcast made on the 16th of July. The main feature visible is a storm system known as Hurricane Bernice, which only appeared in that formation on that day. Although it was an unscheduled broadcast it was still picked up by some evening news channels and did appear in the next day's newspapers.

The weather patterns on show can be verified by looking at the satellite images taken at the time - images that were not complete when they broadcast was made.

Subsequent views of Earth were made at other times in the mission and can also be matched to satellite imagery.

All covered here

onebigmonkey.com...

There is no way they could have known what the Earth would look like when the made their broadcasts, and you can't get a view of the entire Earth from low Earth orbit.

e2a: at the time of the first broadcast they were about 86000 km from Earth.
edit on 12/9/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: added distance

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You wouldn't believe how many times I've been halfway through a six paragraph rant, only to realize I didn't read the post I was replying to right. No big thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yea i am aware it just seemed like he was in agreeance with tom54 in that we have never been there and can’t go there. Hense why I initially took zaph as being sarcastic.

I know we have been there and will reach back out to the start some day in our ever growing quest for expansion and resources.
Bring on the moon mines baby!

a reply to: seagull
edit on 12-9-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

It seems to me that if they really are able to go, it would be a good idea to start a moonbase before they attempt to go to mars. The idea of going straight to mars is risking a lot when you consider that no base has ever been tested to actually work off planet except the ISS. I would think they would want to create a moonbase as close as possible to the mars plan just to work out any bugs and make sure it's the best way to do it. Especially in regard to finding ways to use any local resources there.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yes that would be the a logical plan to lay out. I don’t think many people really believe we will have people living on mars in the next 20 years. Space X is drumming up interest in the field of space so the coming generations can get involved.

Personally I wouldn’t be getting on any one way trip to mars not anytime soon anyways.
Nothing there but dusty rocks and CO2, earth is way better.

I am leaning more towards the futures on these planets being in subtranaians climate controlled spaces. Send bots to build the fascility and start crops,generate oxygen get it nice n cozy for us first.

a reply to: toms54

top topics

<<   2 >>

join