It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Borderline Personality Disorder!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Drinking, just chatting at a music festival.

Here she comes stomping and screaming - COME, GET in the CAR NOW!

What, why, everybody is groovy?

No, you two are WHORING behind my back?
We were what?
No it's not true.

This person is FREAKING - what's wrong?
Did they have bad acid or something?

No they're totally sober, but they are freaking.

No, they just have Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD):

edit on 12-9-2018 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

My wife's mom has BPD, and it's actually quite sad. Just an example of the insanity, my in-law is a dog lady, she loves dogs more than people. She had two dogs of her own, and my wife had one, making a total of three dogs. Well, every morning, she would wake my wife up and make her walk the dogs together. If my wife wasn't getting up, she'd just walk all the dogs on her own. Well, after awhile she kept telling my wife that she had to start walking her dog on her own, or else it will be too late, her dog will be bonded with her pack and she'll pretty much lose her. Makes sense, especially since she was going to move in with me not that far down the road.

Well, one morning she woke my wife up to walk the dogs, and my wife told her she wasn't going to walk the dogs with her. She had a good point about walking them separately, so she was going to walk her dog alone in an hour. Even though she kept telling my wife she had to do that, she then flipped out, started punching the refrigerator, called my wife a bunch of inappropriate names, then fell to her knees crying in the kitchen. My wife knows her mom is whack, so she just left for the rest of the day until I was off work.

That's just one of many examples of this woman's insanity. She never even admits to any wrong-doing on her part. After researching the condition, it's quite sad when you have an understanding of the events in a persons life that give them BPD, but at the same time, I don't want to be around anyone with it. They're insane.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why are you both hanging around mad people.

Just to complain about them.

you know you have the choice to just not, rather than do, and simply complain. I wonder who is the more borderline.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Everybody says it's just a temperamental bitch (for example).

But nope, that is a serious personality disorder.

And yeah, it can get so bad, it land somebody (or themselves) in hospital or jail.

Most people would see it as episodic rage.

A sudden, and to most people, uncalled for rage.

To the point of attacking objects or people.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
No, I'm not hanging around for fun.

I want people to understand.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

Nice assumption there, buddy, you here to just troll?? Do you have BPD and took offense?? Nobody was really complaining. The OP shared a video about BPD to discuss, and I shared a story of my wife's experiences. If you're not here to actually discuss the topic at hand, then why are you here??

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
A central fear or sensation they have is one of abandonment.

So you arrive one minute late and they get hysterical.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I wouldn't call it episodic rage, it's very odd how it can trigger. Another thing my wife used to tell me is that many times her mom would be unhappy with her when she didn't have a job growing up, but whenever she did have work, her mom would convince her to call in sick all of the time so they could have a day together. From the earlier example, you can imagine how she reacted when my wife wouldn't, or even couldn't call in sick.

I've been with my wife for 8 ½ years, and most of the time I always defended her mom. My wife refuses to call her back, let alone give her any attention, and I would try to get her to at least try and have more understanding of why this woman is the way she is. That is until the last time they came to visit. Let's just say the way she reacted regarding how hot our apartment was, even though she was warned weeks beforehand it would be hot, was completely uncalled for. I won't defend her anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Or just taking old boxes out of the garage.

Next thing you're violently attacked, because the wife thinks you're moving her out of the house!

Her mind sees it as an eviction notice.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great people otherwise, and not saying the rage is constant.

But that's how you first notice it.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
A central fear or sensation they have is one of abandonment.

So you arrive one minute late and they get hysterical.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have BPD?? Or someone you care about?? I ask because this rings a lot of truth. My wife's mom hates her family, her sister/brother, and even though she did talk with her mom, she more or less hated most everything about her. In other words, she disowned her family.

My wife hasn't disowned her mom, but she doesn't give her mom the attention she tries to force. If she calls, she'll go all day before she calls back. Same with texts. I know it sounds harsh, and I used to tell her not to do that, but with how this woman tries to force it all of the time, I honestly don't blame her. When she accuses my wife of disowning them, my wife always tells her "I'm on the phone talking to you now, does this sound like I'm disowning you?"

When it comes to this topic, my wife is actually quite smart with it. Some of her tactics may sound harsh, but if she even gives an inch, her mom will take a state. She's firm and consistent with how much attention she gives to her mom.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I mean they fly into a rage - it's almost indescribable.

And then 90 percent of people would wonder - what was it all about?

Nobody knows.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

With treatment they can snap out of it, but without, that's where your problems begin.

They're great at projection, so whatever they made up still counts.
Maybe they won't talk to you for a year.

And they tell everybody else, no you freaked out, when you didn't.
They can destroy your social life completely.

Although treatment is very good, to get them into treatment is another story.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Borderline Personality Disorder:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
border line personality = for pussies - i want 2 " buffer states " seperating mine

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The main signs to most people is the rage.

It is a short-term psychotic break.

Most people would notice - what's happening here is not normal.

On the other hand it's not a psychosis that lasts for days or weeks.

It can come seemingly from nowhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Been married for 21 years to a wife with BPD....

Yeah that's right...after 21 year I finally noticed something was wrong. It's amazing how long you deny things that are clear as daylight when you are in love.

It is also very common for a person with BPD to make you feel like a God!! Apparently you are either more important than oxygen or less worth than dirt...

It's like learning to life again but without the crazy...

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Learning to deal with those who may have BPD can be extremely challenging. There's a book called Stop Walking On Eggshells (Paul Mason and Randi Kreger) that may be helpful for people with loved ones who may have a diagnosis like this. It's got some good communication techniques and insights into what it's like to experience this.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 12-9-2018 by dffrntkndfnml because: Double post

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I had two close friends with BPD.

A brother and a sister, in fact (which makes me think, there is a genetic component).

It's sad, it's hurtful.
Until you realize what it is - it's heartbreaking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join