It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oliver the Human-Chimp Hybrid / Humanzee

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: peacefulpete

Yes it is fact that without teeth the mandible will atrophy.
You can quickly learn to spot people with no bottom teeth just by looking at their jaw.
I am a registered nurse that learned this from my orthodontist. I didn’t quite believe him at first but started noticing the jawline of my edentulous patients. They all had the same thin, flat jawline

OK thanks, I never knew that toothlessness would shrink someone's jaw. I'll have to learn more about this.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: fiverx313

Is this a racist joke about certain athletes?

yes, it is.

well spotted

Jokes about racism are just stupid and hateful... and probably shows that toms54 is suffering the lust and jealousy of never getting laid with a black woman lol.

Now who is being crude?

That was my response to your racist joke against black women. You are obviously harboring feelings toward black women lol. And that was my guess as to why you're obsessed with black women lol.

I did not create that page but I did point it out. How do you draw anything sexual from this? Nothing in my post was sexual in any way so I'm left to conclude this is your problem. I stand by my remark. Your post was crude.

Well I stand by my remark too. You injected racist insults against black women into a conversation that has nothing to do with black women, or even women in general. Yes that sounds like you're harboring resentments against black women, and that stands as my guess why you're resentful of them.

Are you going to argue that you have a valid reason to resent black women, and insult them in unrelated conversations?

I never mentioned women at all. I said here's another one. Search....

You're coming up with all this women stuff out of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

yes, it is.

well spotted

Jokes about racism are just stupid and hateful... and probably shows that toms54 is suffering the lust and jealousy of never getting laid with a black woman lol.

Now who is being crude?

That was my response to your racist joke against black women. You are obviously harboring feelings toward black women lol. And that was my guess as to why you're obsessed with black women lol.

I did not create that page but I did point it out. How do you draw anything sexual from this? Nothing in my post was sexual in any way so I'm left to conclude this is your problem. I stand by my remark. Your post was crude.

Well I stand by my remark too. You injected racist insults against black women into a conversation that has nothing to do with black women, or even women in general. Yes that sounds like you're harboring resentments against black women, and that stands as my guess why you're resentful of them.

Are you going to argue that you have a valid reason to resent black women, and insult them in unrelated conversations?

I would be happy to quit and forget about this if only you would stop making up perverted sounding lies to try to slander me. This resentment/lust for black women thing is 100% on you. It seems to get worse every time you post.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Clench your teeth together. Feel those muscles contract. Without teeth you don’t use those muscles. However, my orthodontist said simply not having the teeth rooted in the gums is enough for the jaw to atrophy. I want to think Oliver was half human it’s a neat thought and the weak jawline in-itself doesn't disprove anything

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

yes, it is.

well spotted

Now who is being crude?

I thought the whole meaning of your post was that you were calling the Williams tennis players (i.e. black women) monkeys?

Wasn't that what you were saying? Or is this a complete misunderstanding?

The mod's took down your post so I wasn't the only one to think that's what you were saying...

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

originally posted by: peter vlar

Yes, I’m aware of the experiments to see if human sperm can penetrate the eggs of other apes. It’s why I was able to say “with the exception of the Gibbon”. I’m an anthropologist and follow a lot of work outside my own area. This was one of the experiments I’ve read about. I’ll try to find the journal article.

Is this the paper ?

"Human spermatozoa display unusually limited affinities in their interaction with oocytes of other species. They adhered to and, when capacitated, penetrated the vestments of the oocyte of an ape‐the gibbon, Hylobates lar‐ both in vivo and in vitro.

On the other hand, human spermatozoa would not even attach to the zona surface of sub‐hominoid primate (baboon, rhesus monkey, squirrel monkey), nor to the non‐primate eutherian oocytes tested. Among the apes the gibbon stands furthest from man. Thus, although the specificity of human spermatozoa is not confined to man alone, it probably is restricted to the Hominoidea.

This study also suggests that the evolution of man and perhaps the other hominids has been accompanied by a restrictive change in the nature of the sperm surface which has limited and made more specific the complementary surface to which their spermatozoa may adhere.

For the failure of human spermatozoa to attach to the zona surface of all non‐hominoid oocytes stands in contrast to the behaviour of spermatozoa of the several other mammals studied which, in most combinations, adhered readily to foreign oocytes, including those of man.

Taxonomically, the demonstration of a compatibility between the gametes of man and gibbon, not shared with cercopithecids, constitutes further evidence for inclusion of the Hylobatidae within the Hominoidea."

Sperm/egg interaction: The specificity of human spermatozoa

^Awesome, thanks for the info.

It says that human sperm penetrated a gibbon's egg.

Since gibbons are rather distant cousins of ours, it's logical to expect that human sperm would also combine successfully with every primate which is MORE similar to us. (And chimps are the absolute CLOSEST relative to humans.)

This snippet is fascinating:

the failure of human spermatozoa to attach to the zona surface of all non‐hominoid oocytes stands in contrast to the behaviour of spermatozoa of the several other mammals studied which, in most combinations, adhered readily to foreign oocytes, including those of man.

Yikes, that means other mammals' sperm will combine with most foreign eggs including humans! While that would obviously not happen naturally, for the most part (lol), this opens up literally a world of possibilities for creating deliberate human-animal hybrids, as well as other types of interspecies hybrids with mammals...!!

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

yes, it is.

well spotted

Now who is being crude?

I thought the whole meaning of your post was that you were calling the Williams tennis players (i.e. black women) monkeys?

The mod's took down your post so I wasn't the only one to think that's what you were saying...

I saw the search on another site then came here and posted because of the hybrid ape theme. I don't own Google and didn't create the page. All I thought of was that Google has done this before. You are ascribing all these bizarre motivations not according to anything I posted but for some reason that is only real in your mind.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Drunkenparrot

Thanks for the info. I hope / assume you were not saying that I was misleading people: I acknowledged all along that the 47 chromosomes findings were contradicted by later tests that reported 48. (However, there is the open question of whether a real hybrid might have 48 anyway. There are no verified hybrids to compare it to.)

I don't know enough about the dark banding pattern (that was cited) to automatically conclude that it proves anything. (Again, there are no verified hybrids to compare to.)

The last posted link is broken, but regardless, the mtDNA might prove to be all-chimp... But that's ONLY the maternal lineage of DNA, i.e. it doesn't say whether or not he was the result of a human impregnating a chimp (which was my top theory for Oliver).

If such results are more conclusive than I'm realizing then someone please break it down for me. AFAIK it's still an open question what kind of yDNA he had.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

yes, it is.

well spotted

Now who is being crude?

I saw the search on another site then came here and posted because of the hybrid ape theme. I don't own Google and didn't create the page. All I thought of was that Google has done this before. You are ascribing all these bizarre motivations not according to anything I posted but for some reason that is only real in your mind.

Well I want to be fair and realistic, and I apologize if the mod's and I misunderstood you. But... wait, what was the point then? You told me to search "gorilla tennis players" (or something very similar to that) and the only results that come up, are racist insults against the Williams sisters...?

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drunkenparrot

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Yes it is fact that without teeth the mandible will atrophy.
You can quickly learn to spot people with no bottom teeth just by looking at their jaw.
I am a registered nurse that learned this from my orthodontist. I didn’t quite believe him at first but started noticing the jawline of my edentulous patients. They all had the same thin, flat jawline

Yep, you seem to be spot on.

A quick google query shows that Oliver was toothless for most of his life and that his odd facial features were a direct result.

After decades of mystery, Oliver's identity had finally been uncovered, exposed by his genes. But what of his external idiosyncrasies? Fly and Moore's paper contained some eye-opening information dating back to the 1970s, but which was presumably not sensational enough to attract the interest of the media and thus had not previously received publicity.

For instance, although media accounts had noted that Oliver was toothless (his teeth had been pulled), they had not revealed that primatologist Dr Clifford Jolly had examined Oliver as long ago as 1976. Jolly found that the reason why Oliver did not share the strikingly prognathous (projecting) jaw line of other chimps was due to resorption of the alveolar bone, plus a shortened maxilla and premaxilla (upper jaw bones), and underdeveloped temporal musculature. Jolly had concluded that these features were in turn caused by Oliver's toothless condition. He also concluded that Oliver's habitual bipedal gait was due to conditioning.

As for Oliver's cranial morphology, ear shape, freckles and baldness, these were nothing more than individual variations, well within the range of variability exhibited by the common chimpanzee - a species that presents, in the words of primatologist Prof. W.C. Osman Hill: "a bewildering variety of individual variations".

'APE-MAN' OLIVER - THE CHIMP THAT MADE A CHUMP OUT OF SCIENCE

Thanks for the info but I still think it's self-evident that Oliver was more anomalous than just effects of toothlessness: His ears were anomalous, for example lol. His overall facial structure was flatter and more human-like, including his actual cheekbones and skull shape, it would seem.

The problem with blaming his upright walk on conditioning is that normal chimps' upright walk is obviously more strained and more difficult than it was for Oliver, who actually preferred walking upright, whereas most chimps greatly prefer all-fours.

Comparing Oliver's walk with a normal chimp straining to walk upright, shows that these two walks are not the same.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Unless you have testing that refutes their findings.

Then we must accept what has been presented.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

What you don't seem to be acknowledging is that no one ever tested his y-DNA.

Which leaves it an open question, for the species-identity of his father.

That's why I wish his body had been preserved for science after his death.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Also, the collection of anomalous traits is still unexplained, as well. Saying he was a normal chimp still leaves a lot of questions about his characteristics. For example, his walk implies that his hips / legs / skeleton were different from normal chimps.

One of the linked articles suggests that he could have been an oddball cross between 2 different kinds of chimps. Which I find much more compelling than just saying he was a normal chimp. He obviously was not a normal chimpanzee. Perhaps an unknown sub-species, or perhaps he had unique genetic deformities, etc.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You don't have proof of that.

It's all speculation.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

You don't have proof of that.

It's all speculation.

I don't have proof of what? Factually his y-DNA was never tested, i.e. his paternal DNA was never tested. It's all factual.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a human / anything hybrid.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Chimps are killers and do not make good pets. Sorry
These guys are not Bonzo.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Its impossible.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

#MeToo

There was a dolphin in Hawaii when I was a kid, the lady jumped out of the water on the tour crying screaming "Rape!", slot of folks laughed but as I learned, they actually try to rape people. Blew my child mind away

Animals!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

There is no such thing as a human / anything hybrid.

Ah OK well that clears up everything. lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join