It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Dems are bribing people for their votes.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why should people in California have any say over who Maine elects?

Voting somewhere isn't good enough.

Can you donate as a non US citizen who can't vote?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

What Would it Take to BUY Your Vote kaylauv ? I Bet Not Much , just a Handful of Broken Promises ? ...Hmm...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

What Would it Take to BUY Your Vote kaylauv ? I Bet Not Much , just a Handful of Broken Promises ? ...Hmm...

I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not a politician looking for campaign contributions, and I’m not voting for the Supreme Court Justice. That is what this thread is about, right?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

No , it's about Personal Choices , and the Repercussions that Some of them Bring.........

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

No , it's about Personal Choices , and the Repercussions that Some of them Bring.........

I must be in the wrong thread then, because I thought it was about a group of people who raised money that won’t be contributed to the campaign of a politician, if that politician votes for Kavanaugh for Supreme Court Justice.

If you want to talk about who I give my campaign contributions to, I donate to politicians who best represent the issues that are important to me. I tend not to donate to the campaigns of politicians who DON’T represent my issues. I’m not sure how you handle your campaign contributions, but that’s how I do it.

link   

I must be in the wrong thread then, because I thought it was about a group of people who raised money that won’t be contributed to the campaign of a politician, if that politician votes for Kavanaugh for Supreme Court Justice.

If you want to talk about who I give my campaign contributions to, I donate to politicians who best represent the issues that are important to me. I tend not to donate to the campaigns of politicians who DON’T represent my issues. I’m not sure how you handle your campaign contributions, but that’s how I do it.

link   

edit on 12-9-2018 by kaylaluv because: Dupe

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think this is blackmail not bribery. Basically the crowdfunding money (1million$) will go to her opponents campaign in 2020. Because theres zero chance kavanaugh will not get her vote, even if she is a democrat (which she is.) So, though not illegal, still sleazy maneuver from the left. What else is new.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: Justoneman

a reply to: network dude

I posted this, I think it's wrong, even if others do it.

Do you think it is wrong when the NRA does it, or just Democrats? Either way, it is legal. Shall we work together to end the Lobby State?

Ok show us some, I am with you if you are right about the NRA doing it too.

Welcome to Team End The Lobby State:

(You should probably read the whole thread before posting.)

So you expect me to believe your graphs with no supporting references as to where the hell they originated. None of us would take Alex Jones at face value either. Show me PROOF not conjecture, please.

I have never heard of them.

Google search implies they are the "go to" source and that makes me NOT want to read them. If Google who have little need for us lowly peasants they clearly feel are to be shat upon, says to 'trust them the most' or whatever, I am not going to do that.

ETA

Did the NRA say they would give money to the R that the D was being offered as this case is. That is what we need to see from your references. Or Did they just support Conservatives across the board?
edit on 12-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Makes sense. I remember in the last election Madonna offered every guy in the U.S. a BJ if they would vote Democrat. I believe her too.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

So you expect me to believe your graphs with no supporting references as to where the hell they originated. None of us would take Alex Jones at face value either. Show me PROOF not conjecture, please.

Click on the hidden link.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurnaceFuneral
I think this is blackmail not bribery. Basically the crowdfunding money (1million$) will go to her opponents campaign in 2020. Because theres zero chance kavanaugh will not get her vote, even if she is a democrat (which she is.) So, though not illegal, still sleazy maneuver from the left. What else is new.

No. Racing to confirm a judge ahead of an election after postponing a confirmation until after an election is pure hypocritical sleaze. Trump's nominees had better recuse themselves when his case goes to the Supreme Court or they will certainly be impeached.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

Click on the hidden link.

I did click it.

Then, I did a Google search where they are stating THIS group is 'Go To' That sends signals of 'danger Will Robinson!' out to free thinking people these days, me being one of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Your title is exactly wrong. They are not "bribing people for their votes." They are raising funds for a candidate... legally. They are also warning the incumbent that those funds might not go to her opponent if she follows the will of the voters. That is how lobbying works.

Funny how you leftists, yet again, forget the fact that there are voters who disagree with you... Millions of voters. We number more than your base which is why democrats have been resorting to using non-citizens and illegal votes. The last try was with Hillary, and your criminal base will try it again for 2020.

BTW...this is bribery... But nice try to make it something it is not.
edit on 14-9-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Why am I not surprised that you do not know the definition of the word "bribery?"

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Why am I not surprised that you do not know the definition of the word "bribery?"

en.wikipedia.org...

Bribery is the act of giving or receiving something of value in exchange for some kind of influence or action in return, that the recipient would otherwise not alter. Bribery is defined by Black's Law Dictionary as the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of any item of value to influence the actions of an official or other person in charge of a public or legal duty.[1] Essentially, bribery is offering to do something for someone for the expressed purpose of receiving something in exchange

Um, can you shed some light on what parts he got wrong?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

A crowdfunding campaign has raised over $1 million as of Tuesday for the opponent of Senator Susan Collins, R-Maine, if she votes to confirm Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court, a move she likened to bribery. Liberal activist groups have posted the campaign on the platform Crowdpac, drawing supporters and critics. “Senator Collins votes NO on Kavanaugh and you will not be charged, and no money will go to fund her future opponent,” the platform wrote. “Senator Collins votes YES on Kavanaugh and your pledge will go to her opponent's campaign, once that opponent has been identified.”

I doubt I'll see any condemnation from the left on this, but damn, this is lunacy.

So they are threatening to fund a Primary Challenger if she doesn't get on board with their agenda?

Apart from this being citizen funded gofundme type deal, how does this differ from what happens twice a day with corporations, billionaires, super PACs and the Koch Brothers et al?

This literally happens ALL THE TIME with threats to right wing politicians.

HELL it has been the ENTIRE STRATEGY of the Trump Agenda and Freedom Caucus. DO what we say or we will back a primary challenger.

BIZZARE that the tactic is now suddenly called "Bribery"? Now that a bunch of average joe citizens pooled their money and made the same threat.

Billionaires and Super Pacs are "Speech"? But a bunch of citizens pooling their money isn't?

Jumping the shark to full on Plutocracy?

Will be very interested in an answer on why this is different.

Impossible to take you seriously until I understand why you support the same from Super Pacs et al, but not real people.

edit on 14-9-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: DJW001

Why should people in California have any say over who Maine elects?

Ask the Supreme Court and the Right Wing.

These are the rules conservatives have fought for and won.

Money = Free Speech and Super Pacs are Super Speech.

Amazing that the right wing all of sudden screams bribery when a bunch of citizens pool their money to threaten a Pol, but decades of Super Pacs and the Koch Brothers and the entire Trump Movement threatening Pols with Primary Challenger funding? A OK.

This tantrum is ridiculously embarrassing for anyone on the right.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Isn't that, the bribing, what welfare, no work-fare, freebies and such actually are!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Buy My Vote

ELO

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join