It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Dems are bribing people for their votes.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: luthier

the point is, this isn't hidden behind some lobbying group, it's blatant and in your face, and it's bribing, or trying to bribe, for a vote.

I do believe that Lobbying should be illegal and if you run for any office, there is a set amount you can spend, so everyone gets the same airtime and coverage. I'm also for term limits, but my opinion doesn't seem to count for much, other than to trigger a particular poster to attack a word, or an idea.

The problem here is you chose a tribal wedge issue yo post about. Then you created it as if it doesn't happen, when in reality politicians are threatened like this daily. The Koch brothers commonly write a piece that opposes legislation and then threaten to support a candidate running against a conservative for instance....

So yeah it doesn't pass the sniff test. You wanted to point out the bad liberals.

Like I said. It's a symptom only.

Talking about it as a special root cause circumstance isn't going to rally enough people (from both sides)
To do a damn thing about it. What it does is create a feud and perpetuate divide and conquer.

You are right. And if you can show me where you called out this behavior on the left as well, I will be humbled and apologize to everyone here. If you can't, then perhaps you need to look a bit closer to home with your riotous condemnation.

I didn't create a message board topic about how outrageous the behavior is.

Yeah it's crazy. Our politicians are bought and paid for.

Like I said if this was somehow an organic citizen campaign of voters who got together to create this it actually seems far more democratic than Monsanto buying Obama.

You are correct it's not organic. Soros bought and paid for.

Soros doesn't need to use crowd funding.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

They just thought Susan Collins is an easy target being she votes with Democrats most of the time amyways. Thanks Susan for voting for the ACA. I wish she would just switch sides then she won't be a Democrat mole in the GOP

It's really not that simple when your community has citizens of different political and social views. It doesn't matter if your a moderate Democrat or Republican chances are you were elected by a moderate population and they want you passing moderate legislation on their behalf.

Susan coll8ns isn't the enemy.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

she is one of two women republicans that have stood for abortion rights, that is what makes her a good target for this...
remember, the dems only need two and the nomination doesn't go through!!
but let me ask you something here...
you then go on to criticize her for how she voted on the ACA, which I am assuming you are talking about the healthcare bill that the republicans slapped together in hopes of replacing obamacare. unless she did in fact vote for obamacare, which I am not sure of...
shouldn't our legislators when they get in office be more concerned about what is good for their constituents at home than about party loyalty??
just how many of those republican senators are being told to either back this guy or forget about getting our backing next time around??
maybe we should do away with political parties so our representative are more inclined to represent us??

NO I was talking about the original vote taken in 2010. She voted with Democrats and was one of only two GOP. The other was also female. I watched it in real time on CSpan.
Do you imagine that all women naturally want to vote to terminate their unborn children just because?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

They just thought Susan Collins is an easy target being she votes with Democrats most of the time amyways. Thanks Susan for voting for the ACA. I wish she would just switch sides then she won't be a Democrat mole in the GOP

It's really not that simple when your community has citizens of different political and social views. It doesn't matter if your a moderate Democrat or Republican chances are you were elected by a moderate population and they want you passing moderate legislation on their behalf.

Then define "moderate". Because Democrats are no longer moderat.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Now?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Do you imagine that all women naturally want to vote to terminate their unborn children just because?

www.thecut.com...

are you denying that she would lean against voting for a justice that would over rule roe v wade or in other ways agree to strip women the right to abortion? and you can have that position without being pro-abortion, one might just not really want to see the days of back alley abortions and the high death rate of the women force to have to endure them.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

LOL...Donaters = SUCKERS.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Acually, this is more akin to blackmailing a US Senator. DOJ “should” be all over it...they won’t be. If Collins caves to this, the Senate has become totally impotent (more than usual).

It means that in the fuure, all legislative members can be blackmailed, regardless of side of the aisle or independent.

Just another indicator we need term limits sooner than later. If she wasn't up for reelection, this wouldn’t be an issue.

Explain to me how this is different than any special interest group lobbying for a particular vote. At least in this case it is everyday Americans making the donations.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It’s perfectly fine and in fact courageous when thwarting the rise of trumps literal 4th Reich and stopping his hordes of neo nazis from oppressing every poc and woman out there (conservatives excluded, obvi).. check your privilege

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It’s perfectly fine and in fact courageous when thwarting the rise of trumps literal 4th Reich and stopping his hordes of neo nazis from oppressing every poc and woman out there (conservatives excluded, obvi).. check your privilege

You have GOT to be kidding me, the left are going nuts, beating people, organizing groups of thugs to destroy buildings, stop free speech rallies, beat people they dont agree with.

Left heads of state calling for the harassment of anyone who agrees with the president

The left calling the president racist, despite his outreach to the black communities, including meatings with Martin Luther Kings daughter.

AND TRUMP and his supporters are the 4th reich?

How utterly disconnected and stupid do you have to be to believe that?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Lol, I knew I should have put the /s
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Lab4Us

as if the christian right isn't identity politics...

Not quite sure where you got that...you should be able to find numerous posts where I’ve stated I’m Atheist.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Only caring about yourself is identity politics as well. Being a selfish human IS an identity.

Wow, didn’t realize we knew each other. Selfish is the last descriptor anyone who knows me would use to describe me. But don’t let facts get in the way - the left never does. Just like the left seems to almost always resort to namecalling when they can’t defend or debate a political position.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Then define "moderate". Because Democrats are no longer moderat.

Neither are Republicans, and thereby hangs a tale.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Hey Man , this is a Great Idea for a SCAM ! I Take their Money , but Vote Republican ! ...........Suckers !

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Justoneman

Certainly I understand the need to cheat to win.

That makes you a cheater, doesn't it? I have never understood why people would do that.

YOU, not me. I understand YOUR team can't win without cheating. That was the point and you feigned ignorance.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I was actually speaking in a general sense, not referring to you specifically. The whole term “identity politics” is silly in my opinion. Everyone has something that they care about, so everyone has identity politics, whether it’s gun owners or religious people, or gays or minorities, or women or men. Conservative or liberal, everyone participates in indentity politics.

I can’t tell you how many times I have heard name calling from the right - snowflakes, libtards, crazy liberals, violent liberals, etc., etc. so don’t pull that “only the left resorts to name calling” crap with me.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I posted this, I think it's wrong, even if others do it.

Do you think it is wrong when the NRA does it, or just Democrats? Either way, it is legal. Shall we work together to end the Lobby State?

Ok show us some, I am with you if you are right about the NRA doing it too.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

All this does is show how much the will of the people runs contrary to what you want to believe. Your spin on the title is evidence of that.

Your ideology is being destroyed by the same people you are championing as saviors, and all you have is spin.

Good times.

Well if that is true they don't have much will or enough people.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I posted this, I think it's wrong, even if others do it.

Do you think it is wrong when the NRA does it, or just Democrats? Either way, it is legal. Shall we work together to end the Lobby State?

Ok show us some, I am with you if you are right about the NRA doing it too.

Welcome to Team End The Lobby State:

(You should probably read the whole thread before posting.)
edit on 12-9-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join