It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Dems are bribing people for their votes.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: DJW001

By Any Means Necessary.

unitybamn.com...

It's a group that believes that even if you have to smash someone with a bike lock, it's cool, because you are fighting for the "correct" side.

en.wikipedia.org...

Are you arguing about the morality/legality of smashing someone with a bike lock, or the morality/legality of supporting/not supporting a politician based on their record?

I sense the goalposts have been moved just a touch.

Do you know what BAMN is?

Stop moving the goalposts.

Are you going to address the underlying principle at work here, or are you going to appeal to logical fallacies by going after the group involved?

I'm not, it was a conversation that didn't include you, yet you want so badly to be involved. If you really want to talk about it, I'd need to know you understand what it is. He did not. Drama queen much?

I can see why you would want to focus on the group involved and not the underlying principle.

You really do not understand the concept at work here, yet have no problem pointing fingers from that ivory tower at those you find morally inferior.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This is exactly how politics has always worked. Except that you don't see it.

You either vote my way or my campaign contributions go to someone else.

Why do you think that politicians act the way they do and vote the way we do.

They are bought and paid for.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well if they're going to get Susan Collins out of there they better come up with a lot more money than that..... because as far as I know she has held herself in pretty good standing with the people of Maine.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

By Any Means Necessary.

unitybamn.com...

It's a group that believes that even if you have to smash someone with a bike lock, it's cool, because you are fighting for the "correct" side.

en.wikipedia.org...

Are you arguing about the morality/legality of smashing someone with a bike lock, or the morality/legality of supporting/not supporting a politician based on their record?

I sense the goalposts have been moved just a touch.

Do you know what BAMN is?

Stop moving the goalposts.

Are you going to address the underlying principle at work here, or are you going to appeal to logical fallacies by going after the group involved?

I'm not, it was a conversation that didn't include you, yet you want so badly to be involved. If you really want to talk about it, I'd need to know you understand what it is. He did not. Drama queen much?

I can see why you would want to focus on the group involved and not the underlying principle.

You really do not understand the concept at work here, yet have no problem pointing fingers from that ivory tower at those you find morally inferior.

If the topic what "What does Network Dude think about all this", then you might have some hint of a point, but I'm not the topic, so please virtue signal your followers, but leave me out of it.

I posted this, I think it's wrong, even if others do it. If you think this is good, say so. If you think it's bad, you can say that too. But if you want to talk about me, I'd suggest you start a thread about me and invite me to it.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

This is exactly how politics has always worked. Except that you don't see it.

You either vote my way or my campaign contributions go to someone else.

Why do you think that politicians act the way they do and vote the way we do.

They are bought and paid for.

Yep. As I said, before Obama, this was all hidden, he brought "Chicago politics" to the forefront and made it "cool". Now everyone wants to do it.

Vote how I want you to, or something bad might happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

So it's wrong these people are doing what is normal in that system or because it involves abortion, an issue designed for division and manufactured outrage?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I posted this, I think it's wrong, even if others do it.

Do you think it is wrong when the NRA does it, or just Democrats? Either way, it is legal. Shall we work together to end the Lobby State?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I saw this the other day and just shook my head. There will be nothing done to stop them. You cannot pay for votes so they are paying for her no vote. That's just more bull# from the left.

Hell at this point just be glad they're actually willing to pay for something!!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I posted this, I think it's wrong, even if others do it.

Do you think it is wrong when the NRA does it, or just Democrats? Either way, it is legal. Shall we work together to end the Lobby State?

Bingo! Fight the wedge narratives!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I saw this the other day and just shook my head. There will be nothing done to stop them. You cannot pay for votes so they are paying for her no vote. That's just more bull# from the left.

It is legal and the "right" does it too. Do you want to help get money out of politics? I do.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Hell at this point just be glad they're actually willing to pay for something!!

Lol. Lobbying is the only bipartisan agreement we have.

If you think only liberals do this you are asleep at the wheel. This is literally how DC works.

If you focus on the symptom the disease will never be cured.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

If the topic what "What does Network Dude think about all this", then you might have some hint of a point, but I'm not the topic, so please virtue signal your followers, but leave me out of it.

It is the topic. You made it so when you injected your personal opinion in the OP.

I posted this, I think it's wrong, even if others do it. If you think this is good, say so. If you think it's bad, you can say that too. But if you want to talk about me, I'd suggest you start a thread about me and invite me to it.

You complain about the topic not being your personal opinion and cry to leave you out of it, but in the very next paragraph you inject your personal opinion and put yourself in to it.

And I do not care if you think it's wrong. Whether or not you agree or think it is moral for people to have those freedoms is irrelevant.

We have those freedoms. regardless of how many of you cry about the morality of what I do with those freedoms.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Please show me where the NRA has bought a vote. Yes La lobbying disgust me however this is not lobbying this is buying a vote.

I have never seen an NRA ad that says we will pay your opponent $1000000 if you do not vote the way we want. Please show me these ads please show me where the right is doing this.

You can't you want to say it's the same but it's not. Nice try.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Lol. It is well known you get money for votes. The fact a person says what already is being done is totally irrelevant. The NRA pays politicians that vote their way. Period.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Got you, so you prove my point this is the first time it has ever been blatantly done

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Nope. And it's irrelevant to the practice and reality.

GOP’s big donors threaten to close wallets if tax reform isn’t passed

edit on 12-9-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

Billionaire Koch brothers' political network will spend millions to oppose Trump's tariffs – the group's biggest split with the president so far

edit on 12-9-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

the point is, this isn't hidden behind some lobbying group, it's blatant and in your face, and it's bribing, or trying to bribe, for a vote.

I do believe that Lobbying should be illegal and if you run for any office, there is a set amount you can spend, so everyone gets the same airtime and coverage. I'm also for term limits, but my opinion doesn't seem to count for much, other than to trigger a particular poster to attack a word, or an idea.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

It is legal and the "right" does it too. Do you want to help get money out of politics? I do.

Oh no, it’s only the horrible, evil, mean, crazy, no-good Dems who do stuff like this. The Republicans are the good, kind, benevolent, perfect saints who would never ever participate in anything like offering or taking money/contributions for voting certain ways on certain issues. Never ever ever ever, because they are perfectly wonderfully good.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Got you, so you prove my point this is the first time it has ever been blatantly done

First time it has been done?

What?

People tie their support quite often, both in vote and financial, to how a particular politician may vote on a certain issue.

For example, many Right Wing groups will not support a candidate if they do not promise to vote a certain way on certain issues. Like abortion, gun rights, etc.

Is this really your first time being exposed to this concept?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

the point is, this isn't hidden behind some lobbying group, it's blatant and in your face, and it's bribing, or trying to bribe, for a vote.

I do believe that Lobbying should be illegal and if you run for any office, there is a set amount you can spend, so everyone gets the same airtime and coverage. I'm also for term limits, but my opinion doesn't seem to count for much, other than to trigger a particular poster to attack a word, or an idea.

The problem here is you chose a tribal wedge issue yo post about. Then you created it as if it doesn't happen, when in reality politicians are threatened like this daily. The Koch brothers commonly write a piece that opposes legislation and then threaten to support a candidate running against a conservative for instance....

So yeah it doesn't pass the sniff test. You wanted to point out the bad liberals.

Like I said. It's a symptom only.

Talking about it as a special root cause circumstance isn't going to rally enough people (from both sides)
To do a damn thing about it. What it does is create a feud and perpetuate divide and conquer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join