It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Dems are bribing people for their votes.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: DJW001

you don't understand what BAMN is do you?

No. Please explain.

link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: network dude

End lobbying. This happens everyday

agreed.

link   
Pff.

You people expecting the lefties to admit they're breaking the law.

Never happened, never will. The law does not apply to them. Know that.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Certainly I understand the need to cheat to win.

That makes you a cheater, doesn't it? I have never understood why people would do that.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   

End lobbying. This happens everyday

agreed.

So do I. So what's your point? Oh: DEMOCRATS BAD!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

So if I understand you right, this is acceptable behavior and just fine to do business like this?

This isn't business. This is politics.

Are you trying to say that it is immoral to support a politicians campaign, or support someone that runs against them, based on their voting record as a politician?

That is very interesting and creates a huge slippery slope.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

By Any Means Necessary.

unitybamn.com...

It's a group that believes that even if you have to smash someone with a bike lock, it's cool, because you are fighting for the "correct" side.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

So if I understand you right, this is acceptable behavior and just fine to do business like this?

Are you trying to say that it is immoral to support a politicians campaign, or support someone that runs against them, based on their voting record as a politician?

is politics not a business? Are you saying this is acceptable behavior?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Does anyone think pharma does this? Like with opiod manufacturers? How about paying politicians to keep cannabis illegal? The reason hemp is illegal is from a "bribe" from a paper manufacturer.

Let's fix the problem not the symptom.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

By Any Means Necessary.

unitybamn.com...

It's a group that believes that even if you have to smash someone with a bike lock, it's cool, because you are fighting for the "correct" side.

en.wikipedia.org...

Are you arguing about the morality/legality of smashing someone with a bike lock, or the morality/legality of supporting/not supporting a politician based on their record?

I sense the goalposts have been moved just a touch.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Does anyone think pharma does this? Like with opiod manufacturers? How about paying politicians to keep cannabis illegal? The reason hemp is illegal is from a "bribe" from a paper manufacturer.

Let's fix the problem not the symptom.

is this wrong, or acceptable? If you are saying it needs fixed, it almost looks like you are saying its wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

By Any Means Necessary.

unitybamn.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Are you arguing about the morality/legality of smashing someone with a bike lock, or the morality/legality of supporting/not supporting a politician based on their record?

Do you know what BAMN is?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

is politics not a business?

It can be, of course, but you are not arguing about something rooted in business principle or ethics. You are discussing something related to individual freedoms and it's relation to the continuance of democracy.

Literally, the argument you are making is that it is immoral for people to support people they want to support based on the politicians voting record.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It can be, of course, but you are not arguing about something rooted in business principle or ethics. You are discussing something related to individual freedoms and it's relation to the continuance of democracy.

Literally, the argument you are making is that it is immoral for people to support people they want to support based on the politicians voting record.

Is this the correct way to do this, or is this wrong?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Politics should not be a business. Office holders are not supposed to profit from their service. Even the appearance of rectitude has been thrown out the window by the swamp creature in the White House.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Of coarse it's wrong. But not because these people did what every lobbyist does. It's wrong because we are becoming an oligarchy because of lobby power in legislation. Or a corprotacracy.

I think this is less wrong than one company doing the same thing if it's a mass of voter contributions.

The system is wrong not the circumstance. They are operating how influential lobbyist operate in the system that is in effect.

This is not an unusual example and as other point out is similar to the NRA.

Maybe they didn't the correct paperwork?

edit on 12-9-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

By Any Means Necessary.

unitybamn.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Stop moving the goalposts.

Are you going to address the underlying principle at work here, or are you going to appeal to logical fallacies by going after the group involved?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Is this the correct way to do this, or is this wrong?

If by "this" you mean take the approach of a pigeon on a chessboard in order to deflect...I would say you got it just right.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

By Any Means Necessary.

unitybamn.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Stop moving the goalposts.

Are you going to address the underlying principle at work here, or are you going to appeal to logical fallacies by going after the group involved?

I'm not, it was a conversation that didn't include you, yet you want so badly to be involved. If you really want to talk about it, I'd need to know you understand what it is. He did not. Drama queen much?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Politics should not be a business. Office holders are not supposed to profit from their service. Even the appearance of rectitude has been thrown out the window by the swamp creature in the White House.

is this some whataboutism to justify this behavior since Trump is orange?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join