It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the Dems are bribing people for their votes.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

A crowdfunding campaign has raised over $1 million as of Tuesday for the opponent of Senator Susan Collins, R-Maine, if she votes to confirm Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court, a move she likened to bribery. Liberal activist groups have posted the campaign on the platform Crowdpac, drawing supporters and critics. “Senator Collins votes NO on Kavanaugh and you will not be charged, and no money will go to fund her future opponent,” the platform wrote. “Senator Collins votes YES on Kavanaugh and your pledge will go to her opponent's campaign, once that opponent has been identified.”

I doubt I'll see any condemnation from the left on this, but damn, this is lunacy. You can't do things like this. If you think this is alright, you have some issues with regard to your moral compass. I hope this is investigated, and prosecuted as a bribe and extortion.

SMFH.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I have never seen such desperation. Or, for that matter, such lunacy.

How did we get here?

And just to be sure i am answering the OP, that campaign is obviously breaking the law and needs to be charged.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I dont see anything new with this. Lobbyists for special interests and corporations have been hanging money over our elected officials heads for ever.

This is a bit gimmicky though. And the left can't complain about big money in elections after such a public display.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Acually, this is more akin to blackmailing a US Senator. DOJ “should” be all over it...they won’t be. If Collins caves to this, the Senate has become totally impotent (more than usual).

It means that in the fuure, all legislative members can be blackmailed, regardless of side of the aisle or independent.

Just another indicator we need term limits sooner than later. If she wasn't up for reelection, this wouldn’t be an issue.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

A crowdfunding campaign has raised over $1 million as of Tuesday for the opponent of Senator Susan Collins, R-Maine, if she votes to confirm Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court, a move she likened to bribery. Liberal activist groups have posted the campaign on the platform Crowdpac, drawing supporters and critics. “Senator Collins votes NO on Kavanaugh and you will not be charged, and no money will go to fund her future opponent,” the platform wrote. “Senator Collins votes YES on Kavanaugh and your pledge will go to her opponent's campaign, once that opponent has been identified.”

I doubt I'll see any condemnation from the left on this, but damn, this is lunacy. You can't do things like this. If you think this is alright, you have some issues with regard to your moral compass. I hope this is investigated, and prosecuted as a bribe and extortion.

SMFH.

I suspect they will condemn something, probably you or your 'sources'. The topic probably will be a meh, but the messenger will get the "tora tora tora" from Kamikaze's . /s

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Now the Dems are bribing people for their votes.

This is in keeping with the conduct of their queen, she was/is dodgy, a liar and simply can't compete without cheating because any fair race would never see them win anything, ever.

Dodgy queen, dodgy democrats = dodgy is as dodgy does.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

SMFH.

Your title is exactly wrong. They are not "bribing people for their votes." They are raising funds for a candidate... legally. They are also warning the incumbent that those funds might not go to her opponent if she follows the will of the voters. That is how lobbying works.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
I dont see anything new with this. Lobbyists for special interests and corporations have been hanging money over our elected officials heads for ever.

This is a bit gimmicky though. And the left can't complain about big money in elections after such a public display.

Yep.
The donor class needs to end.
Billions are spent every year purchasing politicians.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Lobiest are pissed. Crowdfunding is "taking der jobs".

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

www.foxnews.com...

SMFH.

Your title is exactly wrong. They are not "bribing people for their votes." They are raising funds for a candidate... legally. They are also warning the incumbent that those funds might not go to her opponent if she follows the will of the voters. That is how lobbying works.

Like I said, your moral compass points the wrong way. BAMN.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

SMFH.

The will of the voters?@

No, it is vote how our party wnats you to, or we will fight you.

Voters have been voting collins in for years, she is the will of the voters.

link   

www.foxnews.com...

SMFH.

The will of the voters?@

link   

www.foxnews.com...

SMFH.

The will of the voters?@

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Yep.
The donor class needs to end.
Billions are spent every year purchasing politicians.

Yes, but for years, they used Lobbyists and did it covertly. Ever since Obama used his Chicago politics out in the open, they all think it's cool as well.

Vote how I want you to, because if you don't, I'd hate to see you fall down and get hurt, or have your family all fall down and get hurt.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

SMFH.

Somewhere the Andy Griffith Show is on and Gomer Pyle is going "Surprise Surprise Surprise!", that you would think that. At least you didn't attack the messenger, kudos.

Saying someone will give gobs of money to your opponent or you can earn it sounds way off base to me. Certainly I understand the need to cheat to win. And if in some corners of the world if you "aren't cheating you aren't trying".

We are tired of the cheating and liars ruining our Freedoms.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

why is it lunacy?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Lol this is literally how politics works everyday.

The phony outrage is hilarious.

How is this different conceptually than the lobby system of donating to opponents of bills that the lobbyist wants canned?

I guess since it's actual voters in mass it's bad?

Personally I think it's all a mess but no different than a donor or super Pac.

Ps if this is a bribe politicians are bribed every single day. This is just an issue designed to divide voters so it's being promoted and regurgitated as some huge new problem.
edit on 12-9-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Everything the left does is a mystery to them. Thinking is too.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Ah, yes- the rabid left at work here in Maine!

We're one of the few (two?) states that use a split Electoral College - we only have four votes, but they don't all have to go to the same presidential candidate. This past election was the first time it's ever been split- and the first time I can remember it's not been 100% democrat.

My understanding for this is that the average population in the state is getting older. We've had jobs - we've been out of school for a while and the public school system indoctrination is wearing off.
Unfortunately, the cities are growing fast- and state taxes pull money from the folks outside city limits to fund the social services that allow the cities to keep doing so.

We have some of the best homeless shelters on the east coast, and I've regularly seen folks shipping up from Boston with one way train tickets to take advantage.

The school systems indoctrinate the students to be liberal- the college campuses encourage that thought process to fester and go rabid. The students are not taught how money works- we were not told where taxes go. Now much of the population is low income, and it's considered completely normal to depend on welfare or social services to get through life.

This next step is a good example of their mindset.
I hope this is seen as what it is- bribery. I hope it is also linked to exactly what it is- lobbying.
And then I hope it's used as an example in court to shut down lobbying.

Term limits for all!
End government bribery!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DJW001

Everything the left does is a mystery to them. Thinking is too.

Especially when Putin invaded Korea and Bush was elected in 2016.

Its a mystery alright.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join