It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on Mars, Curiosity Rover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well, I have to admit, I have seen some real tenuous claims before regarding life on Mars and even extreme Pareidolia. However, this new video I found on the interwebs (YouTube) has some really convincing items found on Mars by curiosity that I have never seen before.

Here for your enjoyment:

edit on 12-9-2018 by CaptainBeno because: Spelling

edit on 12-9-2018 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
NASA needs money again.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
That is a fairly good looking compilation of some interesting coincidences but personally I feel they’re just that, if I had to pick the best that “ant mound” is almost a complete dead ringer!
edit on 9/12/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
That we havent gone on to Mars with men and tried something before now since 1969 is amazing. I realize we couldn't do it right then but solar panel and microfood and hydroponic food production have been working for a while now. Once water was discovered it should have been game on. We have been seeing evidence of water on Mars for a long time now. Doubters will be here to counter the apparent facts.
ETA
The Chinese might be working this out now and if they or someone else like Japan or Russia find a way to start a colony we probably will be behind here on Earth too.
edit on 12-9-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Why wouldn't we have gone on to Mars with men and tried something before now since 1969 is amazing. I realize we couldn't do it right then but solar panel and microfood and hydroponic food production have been working for a while now. Once water was discovered it should have been game on. We have been seeing evidence of water on Mars for a long time now. Doubters will be here to counter the apparent facts.

The problem being the extremely high percholorate concentrations in the soil that will be the biggest hurdle to mars habitation IMO.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: Justoneman
Why wouldn't we have gone on to Mars with men and tried something before now since 1969 is amazing. I realize we couldn't do it right then but solar panel and microfood and hydroponic food production have been working for a while now. Once water was discovered it should have been game on. We have been seeing evidence of water on Mars for a long time now. Doubters will be here to counter the apparent facts.

The problem being the extremely high percholorate concentrations in the soil that will be the biggest hurdle to mars habitation IMO.

Science, however has lots of knowledge on how to manipulate chemicals. That I do know for sure. Soil chemistry will be the same concept and creating soils with the right compounds can be done we do it now. I know of a place where Sulfuric acid was the soil composition after years of Aluminum reduction in a valley that the hills became denuded. Now after scientist designed and implemented a remediation plan, the Acid was extracted and sold and the land returned to it's native state.

We can design things to work right. Yes, we can mess up too. This is worth trying. Hawking thought to tell us to get off this rock before he left.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
What happens if China or Russia get there first?
Does anyone think that they would let anyone else land there also?
Or even the moon for that matter, anyone who gets there first and is able to start a colony most likely isn't going to put out a welcome mat.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Does anyone think that they would let anyone else land there also?
Or even the moon for that matter, anyone who gets there first and is able to start a colony most likely isn't going to put out a welcome mat.

I think those three countries will get there at the same time.

That is, a mission to Mars will be so prohibitively expansive for one nation to foot the bill on their own that I think it will need to be an international effort.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

realize we couldn't do it right then but solar panel and microfood and hydroponic food production have been working for a while now. Once water was discovered it should have been game on.

Even on Earth. A serious attempt to see weather a sustainable sealed (organic rather than hydroponic) system would work.

For some reason. I cannot paste links from searchbar. Never been a problem before.

Google search biosphere 2.

Maybe a regular supply from Earth would be easier. If it was economical.

edit on 12-9-2018 by blackcrowe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm

They can have it. And once they've moved to Mars, we can take over most of Asia, where we know for sure that there is still plenty of land where stuff can grow, air to breathe, and as much water as anyone would ever need without having to manufacture it.

Good luck, Mars explorers. I'll stay here where it's nice and cozy and the sunsets can be spectacular.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What'd be really classic is if the found the exoskeleton of a cockroach and the fossilized bones of an attorney!!

Then we would know for sure life really did exist once on Mars, and that it is now extinct!!

😆

top topics

join