It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Las Vegas professor shot himself in arm to protest Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   
After laughing hysterically for exactly 45 minutes straight, I gathered my composure and attempted to dissect what this means. For the life of me, I cannot connect to what drives this type of behavior.

Donald J. Trump is not worth this hysteria.

What the hell is wrong with you anti-trump people? Chill the f out.

Review-Journal

A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day of classes.

Mark J. Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property, court records show. He was found bleeding from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his arm about 8:15 a.m. on Aug. 28 outside a bathroom in the Charleston campus K building.
edit on 11 9 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

And this guy was teaching kids.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Right off hand, I'd say he's got bigger issues than Donald Trump...

The heck with Trump Derangement Syndrome. This is just plain insanity.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Never mind . I probably should've read the link .
edit on 11-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seagull

Right off hand, I'd say he's got bigger issues than Donald Trump...

The heck with Trump Derangement Syndrome. This is just plain insanity.

But politics has never been so entertaining.

link   

some punchlines from the story...

Review-Journal

Inside the bathroom, campus police found a $100 bill taped to a mirror along with a note that said, “For the janitor,” according to Bird’s arrest report. On the floor of the restroom was a black-and-white, .22-caliber pistol and one spent shell casing.

One college employee told police that he held Bird’s hand to calm him down as others tried to stop the bleeding. While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump, police noted in their report. The report did not elaborate.

😃😃

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Professors understand that it's more ethical to injure one's self in protest, than to injure Trump supporters. This is a man of character!

I hope Maxine Waters sees this and adjusts her hate strategy accordingly.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

From your link:

Bird was employed with the college as of Tuesday, although Lake said it was not clear what disciplinary actions, if any, would be taken against him.

As a university employee (not the one in question), I can say very little is done to discipline faculty. Even less so for emeritus faculty.
It's a system running wild.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

You can't be a revolutionary if you've got kids dragging you down. So how do you influence future generations?

Take control of the schools and force everyone to attend them.

You've let the government force your kids into schools that are now 100% infiltrated by radical leftists.

The biggest thing you can do to fight the bastards is to pull your kids out of their damn schools. Most important issue of our time.
edit on 9/11/18 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Meh. I could do without. When does the humour become bloodsport?

Trying for some form of martyrdom, especially in a fashion that could have lead to someone else getting hurt, is not all that funny.

Certainly, some aspects are such that it's better to laugh, otherwise you'd cry. I'm left shaking my head--a lot. So wound up in his hate that this is something that he deems necessary? Sick. Sad. Pitiful. All in equal measure.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Wow.

Does a leftist shoot his own right arm, out of spite?

Does he start with a small caliber, to build a tolerance to gunshots of larger caliber weapons?

Will more leftists start shooting themselves(in the arm), as a show of solidarity?

They can thank the 2nd Amendment for their right to bear arms... to shoot their bare arms.

The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves... with hysterical laughter.
edit on 11-9-2018 by madmac5150 because: Bwahahahahhahhahahaha

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

In their defense...I doubt an emeritus doing something this pitiful ever entered into their wildest thoughts.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Some people are simply a walking tragic comedy.

Politics notwithstanding.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

There is a reason that Nevada ranks at the bottom of educational standards nationwide.

This isn't why, but it's a good example.

Please worry for me, I share a road with these idiots.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Sounds about right for these days huh!!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Meh. I could do without. When does the humour become bloodsport?

Trying for some form of martyrdom, especially in a fashion that could have lead to someone else getting hurt, is not all that funny.

Certainly, some aspects are such that it's better to laugh, otherwise you'd cry. I'm left shaking my head--a lot. So wound up in his hate that this is something that he deems necessary? Sick. Sad. Pitiful. All in equal measure.

by entertaining I dont really mean "funny" although like you say some of it is.

I guess I meant its never been so "captivating" for lack of a better word.

The future of America lies in the balance.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Now, now lets not paint a whole demographic in the same fashion as one deranged individual.

However I will join in on the hysterical laughter at the utter stupidity of this moron. Darwin wins again....almost.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I will agree with your sentiment.

But I have heard of a lot of faculty with bad behavior with tenure that still have tenure and no formal oversight.
I have no proof of the claims, so will not repeat them.
But for my own experience as staff (furthermore as the safety officer for where I work), I have no recourse to correct unsafe or incorrect actions or teachings, other than to teach students myself. Which is outside of my scope of duties, and about 4 times my pay grade.

If you have kids going to higher education tell them to listen to staff over their professors.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
How can a structure that is prohibited exist?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join