It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what makes someone a racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Spider879

Na.

It is a one way street.

We are not free to post anything we want.

It does not matter how racism came to be in order for it to be identified but what matters is having the integrity to admit it even when the truth hurts.

Yes you are, in a public domain you could, in a private domain, folks who own that site, or business have the right to limit content as they seemed fit, eg you could go to any White supremacist site and type in bold the N word 3000 times and no one would stop u.

edit on 12-9-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

White privilege is racism.

So, as I said, white privilege is racism. The Atlantic ran with an article talking all about how because white folks tend to raise their kids with an eye toward giving them as many advantages as possible in the areas of education and opportunity, this is unearned privilege for those children and thus white folks should learn to love their children less.

It's an aversion if I ever saw one.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you have three teeth and have been up for four days straight smoking meth and beating your kids, but you think you are better than someone more respectable than you, because they have a different shade of skin than you do. You are probably racist. If you go around and physically harm others because of the color of their skin. You are probably racist.

Everything else is just noise.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Na.

It is a one way street.

We are not free to post anything we want.

It does not matter how racism came to be in order for it to be identified but what matters is having the integrity to admit it even when the truth hurts.

Yes you are, in a public domain you could, in a private domain, folks who own that site, or business have the right to limit content as they seemed fit, eg you could go to any White supremacist site and type in bold the N word 3000 times and no one would stop u.

WTF!

Why would i need to go to a white supremacist site?

Jump to conclusion much?

I never said anything about posting racist comments or that i am pro white.

You are fully enveloped in your delusions.

I am saying that here we are bound by not only the t&c but also the way words make people feel even if those words are not racist and without the freedom to speak truth in general public without everyone getting frazzled by thought then we can not logically discuss the racial issues not only on this site but in the general public without people like yourself jumping to conclusions and kneejerking the conversation toward hate.

There are deep seeded problems that exist but are taboo and off limits because of feelings that have no merit except for political or social status gain by those crying racism.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
swastika?

lets see

edit on 12-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2018 by Damla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

It was an example, just an example...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Funny how it was the first on the list.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Funny how it was the first on the list.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

you could go to any White supremacist site and type in bold the N word 3000 times and no one would stop u.

...or you could go to BET and watch an hour of music videos and hear the N word 3000 times. Funny how selective the outrage is over a word, ya?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

you could go to any White supremacist site and type in bold the N word 3000 times and no one would stop u.

...or you could go to BET and watch an hour of music videos and hear the N word 3000 times. Funny how selective the outrage is over a word, ya?

That's true but, in that case context matters.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Sookiechacha

White privilege is racism.

So, as I said, white privilege is racism. The Atlantic ran with an article talking all about how because white folks tend to raise their kids with an eye toward giving them as many advantages as possible in the areas of education and opportunity, this is unearned privilege for those children and thus white folks should learn to love their children less.

It's an aversion if I ever saw one.

I read that article too and it made me realize the extent to which I really even want anymore to selfl-identify as an "American". The whole thing has taken on an air of intentional self-destruction. Its hard to explain my reaction but really? They're calling on white parents to intentionally deprive and basically punish their kids for being white? Maybe its just time to bow out.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well if the word was not thrown around by blacks so easily then more whites would be receptive to the whole issue.

Truth is that tribalism is a real thing that all colors have in their history in order to survive.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yeah, the context of conveniently selective offense.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Atlantic ran with an article talking all about how because white folks tend to raise their kids with an eye toward giving them as many advantages as possible in the areas of education and opportunity, this is unearned privilege for those children and thus white folks should learn to love their children less.

I think that's more "classism" than racism. As far as unearned privilege, I think everyone want a better life for their children than they had. That being said, plenty of people of all colors and national origin skip the hard work part because they can afford too.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think the vast majority of people are not racist, but I do think a lot of people say racist things. (or do racist things)
There is a lot of ignorance when it comes to people of a difference race. There are so many incorrect stereotypes on all sides.

Some of things said and done to me have been jaw dropping. Like strangers running their fingers through my hair because they wanted to know what it felt like.

Now I don't call that racist........ I call that extremely rude

In the same way that many people think they can stroke a pregnant womans

baby bump without invitation. Some people are just plain rude!

Strangers asking me where I'm from. Strangers asking me why I don't have an accent, or that my English is perfect (English is my native language!) A lot of these things are out of curiosity, but some would see it as racist.

I dont have a regional accent and am often referred to as 'posh' .....

So I too am constantly asked the same question. Like you said curious

not racist.

As you stated some would see it as racist, but then again there are those

who look for racism every where.

It is blamed for .....

not getting the job.....

Not getting the girl ......

And is responsible for every perceived slight in life.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The worst time was when I was waiting in line at the cafeteria at my work.
This person behind me runs their fingers through my hair and touches my scalp.
I nearly hit the ceiling.

I am part asian and I have naturally very long curly hair. It is quite the mystery for some people, and they want to see
if it is real, what it feels like. I would never in my life touch another strangers hair or body like that.

I love this video, I think it is funny and hits the nail on the head. A lot of these things are not necessarily racist but it's annoying and stereotypical.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I think that a lot of people confuse racism with bigotry. You are correct, racism is the view that a given race is superior to others. Bigotry is when you make negative generalizations about a group of people. Most of the people being labeled racists fall better under the bigot category.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Double post. Sorry.
edit on 12-9-2018 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Yeah, the context of conveniently selective offense.

Or not! sometimes sht's just real like that ,whether one want to be selectively dismissive is another story.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I don't even understand.

You love your kids because they're yours, not just because they're kids. And if you love kids, odds are it's because you have kids of your own.

So this idiot is making the argument you should stop loving your kids just because they're yours and if you do, then you will love all kids magically and then your kids will be lifted up in the collective child. That way, all those underprivileged children will also benefit from your love, not just your white child, you racist!

And if she thinks I'm going to stop loving and fighting for my kid, she's got another thing coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join