It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what makes someone a racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They don't vote Democrat.

2nd

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Omfg Eddie B!
Lol I honestly thought that was O.D.B at first

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Dave Chappelle nailed it with " Clayton Bigsby, Black White Supremacist"...

Hilarious... and thought provoking at the same time...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The way I was raised?
If you spew bad things about some ones color- racist
If you are mean to someone because of their color - racist

Otherwise, it is pretty damn hard to tell in real life.

If you have 3 friends for over 20 years, all different colors, making jokes about each other, and all laughing?
Your friends.
That see that color is BS.
People matter.
Not color.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Not Necessarily . Adding the Racial Equation to your Assumption Leads Us to , Not " Archie Bunker " , but to just a Hater of Men ..............Hmm...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Not Necessarily . Adding the Racial Equation to your Assumption Leads Us to , Not " Archie Bunker " , but to just a Hater of Men ..............Hmm...

One is not racist if one does not care for folks who drink tomato juice.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It is typically when a political party or group manipulates a person or group of people - ruled by emotion and fear instead of logic and reason - into buying into the myth of race so that the said party or group can achieve a particular aim or consolidate power in a specific territory they wish to control.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If I hate someone strictly because they are not of the same race as me- then I am a racist, simple as that.
If I act on that hate (using derogatory slurs, making jokes based on a person's race, discriminating against someone because of their race, assaulting someone because of their race, etc.)- then I am exhibiting racism.

Anything else is just political correctness run amok!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Ha ! Thought You could Confuse Me ? Only Caucasans Drink Tomato Juice ! Toch'e Sir !

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No , Unless they Find Tomato Juice Visually Offensive to those Who Drink it , and can See No Instance of Racism in their Reasoning ..........Hmm....
edit on 11-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I've always seen it as people who hate or dislike other people specifically because of where they're from or where they look like they're from. If your actions stem from this, you're being racist. Anything else honestly, really doesn't classify as racist to me. I've met lots of different people from all over the world, other people from other places have no problem pointing out or joking about the differences between cultures. There's nothing wrong with that. Hating someone, putting someone down, treating someone as less than human because of these things is wrong. We're all people, everybody's ridiculous in some way, everyone's culture or race or whatever is ridiculous in some way so who gives a #.
edit on 11/9/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well, let me put it to you this way. I don't hate black people (or anyone else just based upon race) but when I was younger, I was attacked and beaten by a gang of black guys for no reason whatsoever....except that I was white. They didn't say that was why they did it. They didn't say anything. They just grabbed me and beat the # out of me.

Did that make me hate black people? No. But that made me fear crowds of black men. It might be irrational but if I'm in a crowd of black people and they seem rowdy, I'm freaking out and just wanting to get out of there. I'm sure most people can probably understand that. It's not something I'm proud of. The plain fact is that the reason that happened to me was because I didn't have any fear of what could happen to a lone white guy in a crowd of black people. I believed they'd tolerate me just passing by. I had done it before. Many times. I trusted them to the point to where I didn't even think about it.

You cannot not be nervous in a situation that has ended badly for you before. And at the end of the day, this is probably the same reason black people don't really trust white people. They have good reason to fear. It's not a good thing for sure but there's more going on than skin color. Dogs bark at strangers. Not because they hate people. Instinct.

EDIT - I just realized that sounded like I was comparing black people to dogs. I wasn't. I was just saying that all living things have instincts that keep them out of danger and humans are no different. Regardless of color.

As far as just what makes someone a racist for no reason? No idea.
edit on 11-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
When one puts so much energy in the question "am I racist?" then the answer is, usually, "yup."

No harm... just remember a-holes come in assorted colors and all is good.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
When one puts so much energy in the question "am I racist?" then the answer is, usually, "yup."

No harm... just remember a-holes come in assorted colors and all is good.

Speaking of a-holes. If you aren't willing to put yourself into someone else's shoes for a second, maybe you should take a good look in the mirror.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Truth ... and speaking of transference, back atcha?

But all we DO is stare in a mirror, really.

Edit: tho wanna be sure it was a general statement and I wasn't "attacking" tiny sick, who's a fine soul.

edit on 9/11/2018 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My girlfriend is mix up of at least 3 different non caucasoids.
Christmas should be fun.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The racist believes in the concept of “race”. Race-ist.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The moment someone brings up race, that is when that person becomes racist. That's how I define it. So when someone calls something or someone else racist, I call them racist.

It has led to some colorful conversations IRL and online. Try it next time someone says it, just call them one and go with the flow after.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There shouldn't be any racism..because no race is better than another.
All races have people who are awful and just need to be bad.
Same thing goes for religion

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
what makes someone a racist?

according to mass media, white skin and outdoor plumbing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join