It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Police are on scene of a mass shooting threat at a MAGA event...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

For fun or not, your posts are pretty incoherent

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I can understand you misinterpreting my first post, and I get that you might not know that Eric Trump is often the brunt of dumb jokes. But my second post, explaining my post shouldn't be over your head. If it was, it says more about your reading comprehension and people skils than it does about my coherency.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
a reply to: Bloodworth

I brought up registration cause many states like to count non registered weapons as illegal guns.

My main point is that the term illegal gun is so convoluted that we can never get a full picture of the extent of the problem.

Totally agree. Seems like states should have a better system to be more in synch with one another.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: whywhynot

I can understand you misinterpreting my first post, and I get that you might not know that Eric Trump is often the brunt of dumb jokes. But my second post, explaining my post shouldn't be over your head. If it was, it says more about your reading comprehension and people skils than it does about my coherency.

I know it’s never you. That’s a common feeling among your Ike. I get it, but it is always sad.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Sounds like what certain people do when Trump's picks say something they don't like. Ever heard of the terms "RINO" and "spy"? Look in the mirror.
Seriously ? This has been the ruse since the Tea Party rallies when Democrats tried to pin things on the Right, when all the time it was the Left. I remember when SEIU thugs beat up sone poor guy in StLouis just for selling some shirts.
You look in the mirror buster. Radical Democrats did all kinds of stuff then tried to blame it on the right. There was that guy that flew his private plane into a building. Democrats said it was right wing dude. There's more I just can't remember specifics. Oh yah the shooting of Gabby Gifford was another one they tried to blame on the right and it turned out to be a Democrat.
edit on 12-9-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Because stars are what give people personal confirmation for their opinion. Flags because that's what gets a certain thread to the front page.

You're honestly trying to act like stars and flags have no bearing on the discussions and membership here? That's pretty naive in my opinion. If they weren't integral to the experience here then they wouldn't be a part of it.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Sounds like what certain people do when Trump's picks say something they don't like. Ever heard of the terms "RINO" and "spy"? Look in the mirror.
RINO was Tea Party term for people in the GOP who aren't really very Republican. Susan Collins comes to mind. And McCain of course. In Florida governor Charlie Crist who actually did switch to Democrat.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Look at the front page day in and day out. It's turning into a right-wing echo chamber. Stars and flags are anonymous, you don't know who votes on any certain topic or post. That leaves a HUGE window for those who want to steer the discussion in a certain direction. Create a bunch of fake accounts and use them to star and flag very specific topics and posts so that they rise to the front to draw in a certain demographic. Seems to be working.

This place is turning into the right's version of CNN, a place where they can spread their hate for a certain demographic without the repercussions of doing it in the real world. Safe space material for sure, a safe space where your biases are constantly confirmed by anonymous stars and flags. This place is not what it used to be. Very disappointing.
Oh create an bunch of fake accounts .... and you would know .....😂

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Because stars are what give people personal confirmation for their opinion.

Does your opinion need confirmation? Why?

Flags because that's what gets a certain thread to the front page.

Is there anyone you navigates from the front page? Honest question. I hit the 'forums' tab and go from there.

You're honestly trying to act like stars and flags have no bearing on the discussions and membership here?

I can't speak for anyone else. They do not to me nor should they to anyone else...IMO.

If they weren't integral to the experience here then they wouldn't be a part of it.

You yourself said they could be bots or extra accounts. Add into the fact that the older users stars and flags are bugged anyway, why does this even matter?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Does your opinion need confirmation? Why?

No it doesn't, my opinion isn't a very popular one around here yet here I am. Though it begs the question why you or anyone else is on these boards sharing their opinion if it isn't because they seek validation from others.

why does this even matter?

I see you ignored the post you're replying to and are asking me the same question again. I've already explained why flags and stars affect the user experience on these boards. It's obvious why it matters, especially flags.
edit on 9/12/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Though it begs the question why you or anyone else is on these boards sharing their opinion if it isn't because they seek validation from others.

It's the basics of discussion. This is a discussion board.

It's obvious why it matters, especially flags.

If you were to peruse the boards via the front page sure. I don't know who does it that way though.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
a reply to: xuenchen

Someone against a Making America Great Again rally.

Who hates America this much???.....

I would think it's the people that are being left out of America being Made Great Again.

Just a theory.

Do you know when America was great compared to other countries?

When people didn't walk into a gathering and shoot up the place.

When we had a 90% tax bracket.

When politicians didn't line their pockets with tax money while not accomplishing anything other than lining their pockets.

What did you think made America great?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thats funny considering its right wingers responsible for most of the actual violence.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Lumenari

Thats funny considering its right wingers responsible for most of the actual violence.

Stats? I mean actual stats that show each act of violence and the political party that they are affiliated with at the time.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If you were to peruse the boards via the front page sure. I don't know who does it that way though.

New members or people visiting the site for the first time? You know, prospective members who will further shape the site in the future? Yeah, those people.

But yes, let's keep ignoring how much influence stars and flags have over the direction the boards are going. Ignorance is bliss.

edit on 9/13/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I don't know how new or perspective members behave. Personally, I've always found the forum button. Be it here or on any other site with a forum.

Why are you so hung up on the stars and flags? Who gives a flying turtle curd.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Because I think the system is flawed and is prone to manipulation by certain people with agendas. You don't get the visibility of the front page unless you receive anonymous flags, what makes you think third parties wouldn't use this obviously flawed system in order to steer the site-wide conversation in certain directions?

This is the largest alternative/conspiracy forum on the entire internet. Well, it used to be, as of the past few years it has turned into the largest partisan forum on the internet. I wonder why? The make-up of the front page couldn't possibly draw ANY new members in, could it?

You're lying to yourself if you don't think the front page plays an integral role in who decides to become a member here and what kind of content is posted. Look at the front page right now and tell me the type of person it will draw in. Right-wing people who hate liberals and have bought into the mainstream narrative being spun by the media and tech giants.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You're lying to yourself if you don't think the front page plays an integral role in who decides to become a member here and what kind of content is posted.

I think you put far too much stock into what others think and do.

This is a forum. If people want to talk about the myriad of topics here, they can. Stars and flags are worthless and to put as much stock into them as you are is not worth the time nor discussion.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Who hates America this much???.....

The President.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

If I put too much stock into what other people think and do then so do you because you have had your healthy share of commenting on what other people think and do on these boards.

Stars and flags have psychological rewards, they may be useless in the world but they are valuable psychologically.

If you say you don't feel some kind of pleasure out of seeing one of your posts or threads being acknowledged (whether it be with stars, flags or whatever else) then you are either lying or reacting to it abnormally.

Flags and stars (or any other "reward") have immense psychological value to most people (I'm willing to bet) and that trait is especially true with social media. We crave validation from others, you are a liar if you say otherwise, either that or you are (again) acting abnormally.
edit on 9/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join