It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Florence forcasters in NC being forced to commit to a false narrative? By who? Watch@3 00

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As i was watching this video at the 3:00 mark, Greg Fishel a NC long time weatherman For WRAL Strongly Denied a commitment to what sounded like a false narrative being pushed where he Strongly denounced Committing to a detailed Graph by himself and everyone he works with,

This sounded like a lot of pressure was being put on him & his crew...... Watch from 3:00.

Here's what he said -Quote:

"These are details that we cannot and WILL NOT Commit to or lock down to at this particular point in time to do so would be utterly irresponsible and I WILL NOT DO THAT Nobody in this department will do that"

www.wral.com...
edit on 11-9-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Why are Commit, Narrative, and Who capitalized in your post?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yeah, that was odd and a first.....grew up in oklahoma, spent years in SC and FL.....and never heard a weather dude say something like that.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Because nobody really knows exactly what it is going to do until it arrives.

It could change a 100 miles in a few hours up to the last minute.

Look up Hurricane Hugo in 1989.

Hurricane Hugo was a powerful Cape Verde hurricane that caused widespread damage and loss of life in Guadeloupe, Saint Croix, Puerto Rico, and the Southeast United States. It formed over the eastern Atlantic near the Cape Verde Islands on September 9, 1989. Hugo moved thousands of miles across the Atlantic, rapidly strengthening to briefly attain Category 5 hurricane strength on its journey. It later crossed over Guadeloupe and St. Croix on September 17 and 18 as a Category 4 hurricane. Weakening slightly more, it passed over Puerto Rico as a strong Category 3 hurricane. Further weakening occurred several hours after re-emerging into the Atlantic, becoming downgraded to a Category 2 hurricane. However, it re-strengthened into a Category 4 hurricane before making landfall just slightly north of Charleston, on Isle of Palms on September 22, with 140 mph sustained winds (gusts to more than 160 mph). Hugo had weakened into a remnant low near Lake Erie by the next day. As of 2016, Hurricane Hugo is the most intense tropical cyclone to strike the East Coast north of Florida since 1898.[1] Hurricane Hugo caused 34 fatalities (most by electrocution or drowning) in the Caribbean and 27 in South Carolina,[2] left nearly 100,000 homeless, and resulted in $9.47 billion (1989 USD) in damage overall, making it the most damaging hurricane ever recorded at the time.[3] Of this total, $7 billion was from the United States and Puerto Rico, ranking it as the costliest storm to impact the country at the time. Since 1989, however, it has been surpassed by multiple storms and now ranks as the seventeenth-costliest in the United States.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

I lived 100 miles north west of that storm and remember it well.

edit on 11-9-2018 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
TO Quote:

"These are details that we cannot and WILL NOT Commit to or lock down to at this particular point in time to do so would be utterly irresponsible and I WILL NOT DO THAT Nobody in this department will do that"

So there it is there seems to be an underlying implication there with CAPS added for vocal emphasis when he spoke.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I had an “I Survived Hugo” t-shirt as a young kid. One thing is for sure: it’s delivering a once-in-a-lifetime blow to some part of NC/SC. One model has it dumping 4+ feet of rain over 3 days in Wilmington.

Hope the O’fishel forecast is off... Fingers crossed 🤞

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Had a shirt from Hugo as well. That was a crazy storm for sure and one of the worst Hurricane was ever in.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
THIS IS THE QUOTE PLEASE DISCUSS: ...............NOT HUGO

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

Whats your point, that there is no hurricane?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The GFS model has been forecasting Florence to either stall or loop before the next high pressure ridge arrives so the forecast track is not as sure for this storm. Emergency management plans usually require at least 48 hours before landfall to implement and we may be approaching that for North Carolina. If there is a stall South Carolina would need to implement their plans.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
The GFS model has been forecasting Florence to either stall or loop before the next high pressure ridge arrives so the forecast track is not as sure for this storm. Emergency management plans usually require at least 48 hours before landfall to implement and we may be approaching that for North Carolina. If there is a stall South Carolina would need to implement their plans.

South Carolina already has. My daughter is getting ready to evacuate Charleston SC.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

"Discuss how I want you to! Even though Im not making my point clear!!!!!"

Man I bet youre fun at parties.

You need to clarify if you want people to direct the topic

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

All I was doing was giving an example of how these storms can change at the last moment. Of course he would say he does not commit to this forecast, he would be a fool to do so .

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

They have no idea exactly where this hurricane will land, so I'm imagining the network or company that owns the station is pressuring them to "pick a spot". Problem is that this hurricane is expected to do what Harvey did last year: spin around and around moving slowly up the coast dumping rain like the southeast coast has never seen before.

Most of my family lived through Harvey last year and it was DEVASTATING! My little home town got almost 60 inches of rain, and then they opened the floodgates on both dams- destroying almost everything. When the hubs and I went there this past May people were still living in tents in places. I pray to God that Florence moves through quickly and the people of North and South Carolina are spared from such catastrophe!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't wish anything bad to happen, but have a bad feeling about what's going to hit North Carolina.
Hoping I am wrong....
edit on 9/11/2018 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Yup..weather isn't an exact science so it sounds like to me this weather man is making an honest attempt to cover himself in case the storm doesnt hit the way it looks like it will.

Seems to me you are trying to read into a normal statement.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Edit: cannot see the part mentioned on the link
edit on 9/11/2018 by efabian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OzManHero

Ha! No doubt. I just remember my grandfather’s pecan trees downed and no longer spending falls as free labor!! I’m pretty sure the same contraption works as a golfball picker-upper, as well as a pecan picker-upper

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Because as of yesterday, it seemed to be heading more northwestward towards North Carolina and Virginia. Now today it seems to be heading more westward toward North and South Carolina. By tomorrow that might change again.

They can't tell people where it is safe to go, because they don't yet know exactly which places will be safe. Emergency services and government disaster agencies cannot commit to having all of their resources concentrated at any particular location, because they don't yet know which location that should be.

It would be irresponsible for the weather forecasters (such as from the National Weather Service or on the Weather Channel) to commit to saying where in fact the storm's major impacts will be, because we really don't yet know where that is. And that makes logical sense, because they don't want to give the public the wrong impression about which places might be safe.

A place that yeatserday seemed like it would be out of harm's way when the storm hits might actually end up in harm's way if the storm changes direction. That would have been irresponsble of the Weather Channel to originally imply that the location was safe.

edit on 12/9/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I don't take orders from those who have wasted their lives committed to silly religions.

Goodbye.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join