It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP FACT CHECK: Obama was harsh against leakers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Another fact check, although this one, I imagine, members on ATS will welcome a lot more since it is all about Obama's lies. It should make no difference to a neutral person -- lies are lies and should be exposed as such.

As always, I welcome folks to do research and see if anything is inaccurate and post it here. Associated Press has shown to be exceedingly accurate on their fact checks, so opinions will not matter. Research, links and hard facts can debunk a fact check, anything else, no matter how vigorous it is, will not get the job done.

On Freedom of the Press:

OBAMA: “It shouldn’t be Democratic or Republican to say that we don’t threaten the freedom of the press because they say things or publish stories we don’t like. I complained plenty about Fox News, but you never heard me threaten to shut them down or call them enemies of the people.” — rally Friday at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.

THE FACTS: Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public.

The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

[ More in the link... ]

On the economy:

OBAMA: “The actions we took during that crisis returned the economy to healthy growth and initiated the longest streak of job creation on record.” — Illinois rally.

THE FACTS: He’s right on jobs, but whether the economy experienced “healthy growth” is a matter of dispute.

As measured by the gross domestic product, the broadest measure of the economy’s output, the U.S. economy expanded at an average annual rate of 2.2 percent from 2010, after the Great Recession ended, through 2016, Obama’s last year in office. That is the weakest growth of any post-recession recovery since World War II.

On Affordable Care Act:

OBAMA: “Their sabotage of the Affordable Care Act has already cost more than 3 million Americans their health insurance. And if they’re still in power next fall, you better believe they’re coming at it again. They’ve said so.” - Illinois rally.

THE FACTS: Obama is cherry-picking survey results, overlooking a recent estimate from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that found the number of uninsured Americans basically unchanged under Trump.

He’s also blaming Republicans for all the problems with health insurance, ignoring the fact that “Obamacare” premiums started going up sharply under his watch.

Updated last month, CDC’s National Health Interview Survey finds the number of uninsured no worse so far under Trump. It estimated that 28.3 million Americans of all ages were uninsured during the first three months of 2018, or 8.8 percent of the population. That compares with 28.6 million uninsured people — or 9 percent of the population — during 2016, Obama’s last full year in office.

[ More in the link... ]

I only quoted portions of the fact checks to keep the quotes shorter. Follow the link for full fact checks and additional ones on income and jobs.

Associated Press

Thanks for reading and commenting.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Thank you for confirming that Obama is far more intelligent than the orange one. At least he could find the leakers. Iq45 can’t even manage that.
edit on 11-9-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Thank you for confirming that Obama is far more intelligent than the orange one. At least he could find the leakers. Iq45 can’t even manage that.

I'm sorry but none of this confirms their differences in intelligence, nor is it the topic of the thread. It just confirms that people with agendas lie -- it's up to us to put a stop to such behavior and vote for better than them.

Let's focus on the topic of these fact checks and the details of them, please, before we get derailed.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yeah, because president's personally go out around and in deep cover to scratch & sniff out all the leakers.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Thank you for confirming that Obama is far more intelligent than the orange one.

I just wish some other folks were.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Thank you for confirming that r3adin iz hurdd.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What a misguided thread

No mention whatsoever on "leaking" or leakers" as your title suggests

As Larry Silverstein once said, "pull it"

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KharronAP "fact check", like other fact checks by the MSM..."who is watching the Watchmen?"

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Obama would never have taken the crap that Trump is taking, he would have sent one of the agencies to investigate anyone who was attacking the presidency. He sent the IRS to investigate donors of the Republican party too.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Interesting, the first thread of yours that I will predict a "but Trump" in 3..2..1..

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Obama had to use every resource he had to keep a lid on things.
Using the IRS as an attack dog kept most people with a whiff of what was going on quiet, But his deeply corrupt FBI took care if the rest.
The same FBI that buried any evidence against Clinton, and to this day fights tooth and nail to make sure she stays out of prison.

If his administration was leaking, half the government would be in prison by now.
Instead, they're still working, heads down, quietly doing what they can to undermine the new POTUS.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

On Freedom of the Press: OBAMA: “It shouldn’t be Democratic or Republican to say that we don’t threaten the freedom of the press because they say things or publish stories we don’t like. I complained plenty about Fox News, but you never heard me threaten to shut them down or call them enemies of the people.” — rally Friday at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. THE FACTS: Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public. The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort. [ More in the link... ]

I mean, the first quote literally talks about leaks in the previous admin......

Then there's that little snippet that states "more in the Link"........

We're both reading the same thing, right?
edit on 12-9-2018 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

top topics

join