It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps 9/11 tweet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Rudy Giuliani did a GREAT job as Mayor of NYC during the period of September 11th. His leadership, bravery and skill must never be forgotten. Rudy is a TRUE WARRIOR!

originally posted by: TinySickTears
so what it your opinion on the tweet?

It ignores the facts that:
Guiliani, contrary to strong advice against it, insisted on siting New York City's Emergency Operations Center right in the World Trade Center complex, despite the fact that it had been bombed before, in February 1993.

John Farmer, senior counsel for the 9/11 Commission, blamed the resulting lack of a unified command center for the death of many responders. Had it been sited elsewhere, he said, "I really think it would have made a difference."

Maybe the failure to communicate among the agencies wouldn't have happened if the EOC were functioning, he said. "That's the point of it. I've never been convinced that they could have done that much better with civilians, but I think the number of responder deaths could have been greatly reduced."

The lack of a unified command center mattered even more because the radios held by police, firefighters, and other first responders lacked "interoperability" - they could not hear each other's communications. The 9/11 Report concluded: "First responders assisted thousands of civilians in evacuating the towers, even as incident commanders from responding agencies lacked knowledge of what other agencies and, in some cases, their own responders were doing."
Guardian, 29 Jan 2008

Guiliani was also responsible for the non-interoperable responders' radios. There were protest marches against him organized by first responders when he made a presidential run. Firefighters outlined their disgust with him before, during and after 9/11: Raw Data: Firefighters Union Letter on Rudy Giuliani Fox News, August 2007

Guiliani also announced that the air was safe to breath at Ground Zero when it wasn't.

Rudy Giuliani: A Closer Look at the 9/11 Legend

He also famously stated he had prior knowledge that the towers would collapse: “I .. I went down to the scene and we set up a headquarters at 75 Barkley Street, which was right there with the Police Commissioner, the Fire Commissioner, the Head of Emergency Management, and we were operating out of there when we were told that the World Trade Center was gonna’ collapse."

911truth.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Several other emergency workers also said they were told the twin towers would collapse. The official investigations into the causes of the collapses did not seek to establish who put out this message or the basis for doing so. Guiliani did not discuss it with the 9/11 Commission.
edit on 11-9-2018 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2018 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Hint - The President Likes ROUND Numbers .........)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
For once, I'm impressed. He managed to be respectful and not use it as a springboard for a fight. OK. I'm not really impressed. I'm just pleased that he didn't paint a memorial with political poop.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Xuenchen, I always suspected you were a smokin' hot vaping Asian chick. I am glad to see it finally revealed.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
So in my opinion his comments on Twitter where hardly the most sympathetic to those whose lives were destroyed that day. I also think it was in bad taste that the first thing he done when he woke up it seems was to write of a tweet about Russia and Hillary before he said anything about 9/11, actually the first thing on the subject of 9/11 he mentioned was about what a amazing "warrior" his attorney Giuliani was that day....not even mention of the emergency services who were the real heroes of that day.

Then eventually it seems like he thought it might be worth tweeting something to mark the day itself and the best he could come up with was to point out it was 17 years ago.

So what do I think about it, I thought it was in bad taste and very unbecoming of a president.

HOWEVER....Before his fan club want to flame me, let me add this.

I also read his comments that he made at the memorial and it must be said credit where credit is due they were much more presidential than his tweets. So I think its only fair to take that into account if we are going to bash him over his insensitive tweets.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: Vigilantastrum
a reply to: Bluntone22

You hammered Obama alot back then?

Don’t think so

I sure did, Obama was no better than trump. I dont care what party they adhere to. If you are the POTUS then expect heavy scrutiny from everyone. Try again

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
He will be hammered no matter what he says.

Or doesn't say.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The left have an inability to contextualize. I don't know if it is a mental or psychological deficiency, but so many of them seem to have this "disorder".

You asked what we thought about his tweet: "17 years since September 11th!"

That tweet came at 5:58 a.m., so I thought:
1) One of the first things on his mind this morning.
2) 17 years! Wow...it seems like just yesterday.

Then....as I knew he would do, he:
1) Flew to Shanksville and participated in a Memorial Service along with FLOTUS, and TWEETED a video of it.
2) He tweeted another personal message about his memories as a NYer and as an American via an actual video speaking on the WH lawn in the Rose Garden. (Not flowery written words, but a heartfelt conversation to us, The People.)

As I said, lefties have a deficiency when it comes to the ability to contextualize. They have a very warped hatred of anybody and anything that does not fit into their tiny sick boxes.

edit on 12-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I have said it before, and I will say it again. The left have an inability to contextualize. I don't know if it is a mental or psychological deficiency, but so many of them seem to have this "disorder".

So let’s be clear, what you are saying is that because someone holds a different political view from your own they must have some kind of mental disorder.

Like you must be so hyper intelligent and all knowing that the only way possible for anyone to disagree with you is mental illness.

The arrogance of this stupid idea that those with left leaning views are mentally deranged in some way is astounding.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, that is not what I said. Contextualize contextualize contextualize.

What did the OP ask?
What single tweet was criticized by the left?
Why do "they" do this over and over and over?
Did you notice the word in quotes?

I absolutely 100% do think TDS is a real thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So please be specific.

I am highly critical of trump in your view then, because I am critical of POTUS I must have some mental disorder?

Hmmmm

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I reckon he fell asleep on the toilet halfway through. a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

"disorder" ~~ sigh

TDS is an over-the-top-foaming-at-the-mouth hyperbolic rant about anything DT related down to the most minute thing. It is a condition that causes a person to be 100% for something until they find out DT is for it, then they thumbs-down the exact thing they were for two minutes ago.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker
Let's talk about feelings. F##$ your feelings

I bet you stepped in some of that side walk poop the city is famous for.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

"disorder" ~~ sigh

TDS is an over-the-top-foaming-at-the-mouth hyperbolic rant about anything DT related down to the most minute thing. It is a condition that causes a person to be 100% for something until they find out DT is for it, then they thumbs-down the exact thing they were for two minutes ago.

Yeah but you do at the very least acknowledge that it’s not actually a recognised mental disorder of any kind??

It’s just a buzz word that gets used by Trump supporters at anyone who criticises Trump, it’s not real.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Everyone that criticizes Trump does not have TDS.

TDS is a particular type of "disorder". See above general definition. (notice the quotation marks).

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Everyone that criticizes Trump does not have TDS.

TDS is a particular type of "disorder". See above general definition. (notice the quotation marks).

Yes but that is your definition it’s your opinion it’s not a fact, TDS is not a fact, it’s not actual medically recognised condition.

Like I could start saying you have TBS, it’s called Trump Blindness Syndrome it’s a condition whereby a individual is unable to see flaws in Trump and will defend everything or most of the things he does. But I don’t because I think making up medical conditions for those who disagree with me is totally stupid.

posted on Sep, 13 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I think its ridiculous that people have to use some made up medical condition to help justify their support.

Very childish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join