It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough employees too many jobs -severe labor shortage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Xtrozero

do workers who get piece work often work more efficiently??

in the trades it's typically always usually a yes, that directly leads to more money through more effort therefor providing performance incentive's = higher production

most HR department know this as well as most CEO's and board members which is why managers are often given performance incentive's

I understand what you are saying, but companies use many other things as motivators than money. In the end money is the most short lived motivator out there and so the worst one to rely on.
edit on 11-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

actually hunter gatherer's had the most leisure time, look it up

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

My Body - Volbeat .....................)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

just an fyi the amount of work we put into living today is on scale with some of the most time ever in human history unless you were a slave

pre industrialized civilization people worked A LOT LOT less

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

actually hunter gatherer's had the most leisure time, look it up

And the shortest life expectancy due to uncontrollable conditions. Enjoy... lol

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

do workers who get piece work often work more efficiently??

in the trades it's typically always usually a yes, that directly leads to more money through more effort therefor providing performance incentive's = higher production

most HR department know this as well as most CEO's and board members which is why managers are often given performance incentive's

I understand what you are saying, but companies use many other things as motivators than money. In the end money is the most short lived motivator out there and so the worst one to rely on.

I would like to know what you think motivates people at their job more than money???

link   

another myth, look into how they calculate those numbers and why they are misunderstood

myth busting day apparently

link   

another myth, look into how they calculate those numbers and why they are misunderstood

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Absolutely

Well then I would not hire you...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

I pay great $ for high quality work, and my team is very motivated to make more based on the enjoyment having $, a tool, brings.

Money is a great motivator. Try not having it sometime.

Give them 5 bucks an hour pay raise and see if they work harder...lol More pay just becomes the new norm and so production will drop back to what it was before.

You still need to pay for skill and the value the position brings you, so yes you could be paying big $$ for a person's skills, BUT they better be bringing profit to offset that pay or you will not be in business very long.

Thats silly logic. When X job only requires X input to complete, you cannot get more output because of some B variable like more $ for the same work.

You cannot get a more "Perfect" steel, there is just Beautiful, Raw, Powerful Steel. Thus if you are making Steel, at X cost, that is all you need to worry about. A Cashier at McDonalds cannot make $40 an hour just by virtue of being there forever. It does not make sense given the input/output of the worker and their time on the clock.

In other words. You are confusing job description with $ earned. You find the right people for X job and pay X rate based on X factors, but adding more fuel to a gas fire, does not increase the efficiency of the fire. You are just making it burn longer.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: highvein

Forced work through suffering. Crack that whip massa.

Better than paying for them to be lazy. I would not pay someone to not do a job would you? If so send me some money and I will not do the job you want done.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Better than paying for them to be lazy. I would not pay someone to not do a job would you? If so send me some money and I will not do the job you want done.

You do realize that many industries are subsidized by your tax dollars specifically to NOT do something, right?

Corporate welfare eclipses social welfare by a magnitude of 1,000 to 1. You see, the poor though, do not have a voice on Fox news to make you realize that. The Corporations however, have plenty of buying power to make you think your fellow man getting $1,500 a month is the problem. Not them making $15,000,000.00 a day, off of socializing their losses with your tax dollars.

You have all been brainwashed into thinking 150,000,000,000 is a lot of $ for welfare for the nation, when the truth is the MIC, for example, takes in 1.5 Trillion alone. Sigh.. Why do I bother.
edit on 11-9-2018 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Gotta love a society where people are just commodities and tools with no worth beyond their production value.

When one talks about money it always involves commodities.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

What are you trying to say here? That we wandered around eating berries etc prior to Agricultural Revolution? Do you really want to base your argument on how humans may have lived 20,000+ years ago. Free time is not just what we do when we are not working it is everything involved.

As a hunter gather traveling with the food source was WORK, hunting the food source was WORK, digging gather was WORK, doing 100s of other things to survive was WORK.

Free time is time you do what you want, when you want, where you want.

edit on 11-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You do realize that many industries are subsidized by your tax dollars specifically to NOT do something, right?

Corporate welfare eclipses social welfare by a magnitude of 1,000 to 1.

Did you read the part were I said to cut welfare? Don't just cut the welfare for people who can work but don't, cut it for the companies also.

link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Absolutely

Well then I would not hire you...

Of course not you expect people to be slaves ,and you think money is not a motivating factor in a persons work ethic...( where is the shakes head emoticon when its needed)

link   
Lots of options.
How many here have had employees?
As a point of reference.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

no my argument is pre industrialized civilization

early 1800's work life drastically changed prior to that life involved a lot less work

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Corporate welfare eclipses social welfare by a magnitude of 1,000 to 1.

Did you read the part were I said to cut welfare? Don't just cut the welfare for people who can work but don't, cut it for the companies also.

The economy would fail overnight if welfare was cut,you need to come up with a better idea.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

In other words. You are confusing job description with $ earned. You find the right people for X job and pay X rate based on X factors, but adding more fuel to a gas fire, does not increase the efficiency of the fire. You are just making it burn longer.

My point is when you do this above increasing pay is not a motivator...The cashier doesn't smile bigger with each customer... she doesn't do extra work on her own because she makes more etc...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join