It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough employees too many jobs -severe labor shortage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
And there you have it, more and more people are deciding that children are not affordable option anymore. Thus even more of a labor shortage. I am choosing not to have children because of it and tons of others are too. Pretty soon they will be advertising make a baby commercials. a reply to: TinySickTears

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

same, can't afford it not worth the headache

plus I have to deal with the biggest pile of garbage education system and on top of it properly educate my child while working and dealing with the garbage system

it's not worth it

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
People want you to work 40 hours a week for the rest of your life for shi^^Y pay. Then the government wants 1 fourth of that then health insurance wants another fourth.

It sounds more like a prison sentence to me..

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

it's worse because they don't make you work in prison it's an option

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I am very up front

your options are;

1. fast work - cost less
2. good work - cost more

Apples and Oranges... You can pay more for quality of work and the value that provides you., but if you paid people 7 bucks an hour and then raised them to 14 bucks an hour they would not work 2x as hard for that pay. You will get more quality a person because the higher pay can bring high skill sets, but a person does not work harder for more pay...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It will only get worse from here.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: JAGStorm

The ONLY Solution is Wage Increases Across the Board for All Fields of Work to Encourage People to be Employed . A LIVING WAGE at Bare Minimum should be the New Norm in 2018 Considering U.S. Economic Growth .

Increased wages leads to increased costs- what service do you provide?
Double the pay of fast food workers, cost of fast food has to double to pay for it.
Farmers? food.

Get it?
Double everyones pay, cost of everything doubles.

Maybe look at cutting taxes instead- property tax is outrageous, and for rental properties it's passed off in the cost of rent.
Income taxes are out of control- to pay someone 10 an hour it'll cost a company 15, and they'll only see 7. That means they need to make $15 worth of value for every $7 they take home for a $10/hr job.... which doesn't come close to paying the rent.

The money itself is broken by design- there's no fixing this while under the thumb of fiat currency.

No it does not.

I make more than everyone on this forum, some of you, combined. Higher wages do not equal higher prices. Please let this fallacy die.

Can I get a loan?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
People want you to work 40 hours a week for the rest of your life for shi^^Y pay. Then the government wants 1 fourth of that then health insurance wants another fourth.

It sounds more like a prison sentence to me..

You could be in the old days where you worked for all your needs. Back then they worked 16 hours a day in the fields, barns, kitchen etc...The old 110 a week schedule...lol

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, maybe... but I doubt it'd have a positive effect on the quality of life standards.

Why should it increase the quality of life for the lazy people who can work, but will not.

Though, if the minimum wage was raised... then it'd probably raise the quality of life standards and also correct that so called "mind set" at the same time.

Not having anything to eat is a great incentive to get a job, and it improves the quality of life.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

studies show that pre industrialized civilization the average working schedule was 12 hour days 150 days a year with a more leisurely schedule while working

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Forced work through suffering. Crack that whip massa.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Competition is a Good Thing in a Thriving Economy . Like Water , it Always Seeks a Level .

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

people are begging for others to be enslaved because obviously they aren't as good as them

it always boggles my mind when I hear someone say that someone elses job is worth less

how about you just shutup and if people negotiate for higher wages using whatever leverage they have then let them do it and stop trying to keep them down

the hell is with that?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I disagree. I will work alot harder for more pay.

That is why I do alot of jobs by myself so I can make more money and dont have to pay someone.

That is working harder for more money..

If you do a job for 2000 dollars for one guy and then do the same job for 2200 for another guy do you work 10% harder on that second job? Do you feel motivated to do a better job for the extra 200 bucks, or do you do the same quality work?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Maybe the problem also has to do with the "company" ethics? (God I miss the old owners,and my old job)
This is how they ran the business:
Marketable product, sold worldwide
Starting pay low to average
TREATED EMPLOYESS LIKE FAMILY: IE: The company made money, the employees got bonuses and nice raises
When Profits were good, PAID 100% of healthcare

And here is the kicker. 9 out of 10 employees realized this. Saw that if the company was making money, they benefited. So we all worked harder to make the company run well.
There were lean years. There were adjustments. You stuck with them, and you were rewarded.

And the company only raised the price of their product 3 times in 20 years, usually at 2-3 percent.

That is a hell of a business model, if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Gotta love a society where people are just commodities and tools with no worth beyond their production value.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

do workers who get piece work often work more efficiently??

in the trades it's typically always usually a yes, that directly leads to more money through more effort therefor providing performance incentive's = higher production

most HR department know this as well as most CEO's and board members which is why managers are often given performance incentive's

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

studies show that pre industrialized civilization the average working schedule was 12 hour days 150 days a year with a more leisurely schedule while working

Starting my day a 0400 to milk the cows screaming and flowing that up with field work and carry for all the other animals is not something I see as more leisurely. I think we have more free time today than any other time in history.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Absolutely

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: SR1TX

I make more than everyone on this forum, some of you, combined. Higher wages do not equal higher prices. Please let this fallacy die.

It is all based on the value of the work too. I think you are wrong in if you are 1% and feel your earnings are not impacting and so 100 million others all getting more pay is the same you are wrong.

Take Walmart at 13 billion per year net profit. With 2 million employees if they increased all to 4 more dollars per hour they would have negative profit if they didn't raise prices.

I am in the 1% and I can tell you that Walmart would not only still have profit, they would still be the largest employer in the World. You need to stop buying their excuses and understand they are the biggest contributors to privatized profits and socialized losses, such as in the case of their employees seeking government healthcare and other things.

Walmart produces nothing, it is a store by which you go and others have products. Like an Amazon, WORTHLESS. They make absolutely nothing. An expensive middle man. They could go away tomorrow and nothing would happen except mom and pop shops coming back with a vengeance.

When you have more people with disposable income, and they go and purchase more of the goods people are selling, something magical called bulk pricing happens. I get better rates on X product I sell, and because I am buying more, the creator of said product ALSO gets to decrease prices because his cost of producing the product went down as a net result of needing more of it. The raw materials needed for the product are then found on an even greater basis and with easier methods does bringing down supply side costs to the seller and ultimately to the buyer.

Let me ask you something so you can see where I am right and you're dead wrong, Have you ever been inside of a Ferrari? i mean truly a beautiful, hand crafted, hand STICHED, Ferrari? Or Lamborghini? Let me tell you, there is NOTHING like it. Now, why are these cars expensive? It has everything to do with the fact that it is seen as a status symbol and costs lots and lots of $ to those who want something rare that you simply do not see going to get groceries everyday. Now why is a Honda civic, 20 - 30k? Because it costs nearly 0 to make a hundred million of them as the material needed to make them and getting it to factory and assembly, has all been figured out. If no one drove cars, all cars would be expensive, because no one could really afford one, and thus the material to make them, as no one is going after it, would be rare to come by, and thus higher prices.

This lesson brought to you by the 1%

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join