It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a cashless society will work.. the basics, and why we would want it.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

And that would be the point of forcing a cashless society in that sense really - an attempt to control every single transaction and to prevent any kind of economic freedom so that every activity could be controlled and monitored.

For those who desire a controlled command economy, it's the real wet dream because capitalism survives and has survived in every single attempt at a command economy no matter how illegal it might be.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I don't want it. You can't convince me.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Money is the most universal and most efficient system of mutual trust ever devised. Why would we want to get rid of it?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
At this point every time you use a debit or credit card, somebody gets a percentage.
Not with cash

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

My conclusion is it won’t work due to a lack of motivation

From The Venus Project :
www.thevenusproject.com...

Would people lose their incentive?

You have been brought up to believe people are inspired by rewards or money.

The free-enterprise system does create incentive to achieve, however it also breeds the incentive for corruption, theft, and greed. Our aim is to encourage a new incentive system, one no longer directed toward the shallow and self-centered goals of wealth, property, and power. Today, financial barriers place enormous limitations on innovation, individual creativity, and personal incentive. In The Venus Project, money would not be required to help one achieve or create, as facilities would be made available to serve everyone’s needs.

I worry about people whose main motivation is money. For instance, if this is the motivation of a doctor instead of the desire to solve problems in the field of medicine and health and enhance people’s lives, to many others, and me the services are not very trustworthy. It is a tremendous myth perpetrated on people in a monetary system that people are mostly motivated by money to achieve and produce. I could give you endless examples of people who fought, studied, created, and excelled without the allure of money as a reward, there are much more meaningful rewards than that. It depends on the value system that one is given and the culture that one is raised in that reinforces what is meant by a reward.

In essence, all of the people we have admired in the past, Michelangelo, da Vinci, Bell, the Wright Brothers, Darwin, and many others worked because they were interested in problem solving, not financial gain. This in some cases was a by-product. Usually money-oriented people become business men, or stock brokers; they are rarely creative. I have always felt threatened by people whose sole motivation is financial gain. On islands in the South Pacific, people had more than enough resources. Although banana, coconuts, fish and breadfruit were abundant, the natives worked continuously building navigation equipment, canoes, huts, and weaved cloth. Although no money was used, their incentive improved their standard of living.

In the early days in America a man and wife could build a log cabin in several months. Today it takes 30 years or so to pay off a house with the additional funds to bankers and others that actually have nothing to do with the building of the house.

If you examine your statements carefully of people who have access to all the necessities of life you will find that many wealthy people do not eat 25 meals a day even though they have access to it and they do not stuff their environment with hundreds of musical instruments and accumulate hundreds of cars. It is not the availability of resources that is disturbing to people, it is the lack of resources that is responsible for most crimes, embezzlement, deception of all kinds, etc.

Consider this when few nations control most of the worlds resources and exploit other nations with their positions of differential advantage.

All of the technical staff and everyone else will have access to a very high standard of living; the incentive, which will propel people, is the end of war, territorial disputes, economic hardship, debt, and the basis for most crimes as they will all be eliminated. In this new society as proposed by The Venus Project, the environment in which people are raised and educated will be based upon the fundamental principles of science and the comprehensive knowledge of the interrelationship between people and the environment, which sustains all life.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No.

There are too many bad actors in the banking system including the banking system itself for it to ever end well if we actually, pun intended, buy into it.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Prime80

Those people you also cite were brilliant people.

There is a certain mental type, usually the type that comes with a certain IQ found primarily at the upper ends of the bell curve, that finds intrinsic worth in learning and problem solving for the sake of learning and problem solving. It is not the majority of the population.

I happen to be one of those people who finds joy in learning for the novel act of learning itself. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my roomful of 8th grade students did not share my inherent curiosity, joy and wonder at simply learning about and discovering new things for the sake of knowing and discovering.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Be careful what you ask for. I'm on a trip. I told the bank the states I would be visiting. I was at a gas station in Montana. The screen asked for my zip cide as a way of verifying my identity. I typed it in, but missed by one digit. The "fourth" digit doubled up on me. The transaction was cancelled. I tried again and it went through. A few minutes later the bank texted me, but my phone was not on, so they suspended both my credit cards and debit card. Suddenly, my ability to conduct transactions was GONE. Yes, I called the bank. Yes, I got it straightend out after I had to prove I was myself by a very convoluted method. I wound up Okay. But consider how very easy it is to make you disappear and who has the power to do it. I'm glad they are looking out for me. I really am. Bank fraud is rampant. It's just that with cash, you are in charge. Without cash, they are.
edit on 9/11/2018 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

CASH Equals Economic FREEDOM . You Know , what Our Founding Fathers Designed in the First Place . Electronic Currency is SLAVERY !

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That’s all well and good, but what’s the incentive/reward if you have everything everyone else has anyway? Why get up at 4am because someone phoned you and said their toilet is broken? Or there’s a hole in the road? Or someone can’t turn on their coffee maker?

Generally speaking, most people (not all) mainly look out for themselves and their own. Without pay/reward there’s no motivation to do the crappy jobs (no pun intended).

No pay/reward means no motivation (in most cases).
edit on 1192018 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

" but what’s the incentive/reward if you have everything everyone else has anyway? "

You Must Also Factor in SELF PRIDE into that Equation . All of Us Need a Purpose in Life other than Our Daily Bread . Human Potential should Not be Denied to those who are Unaware they Possess it .
edit on 11-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I think a cashless society is inevitable.

I just hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime....it'd screw me over well and truly!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

My point still stands, even if you include self pride.

People generally won’t do the “lower jobs” if they don’t have to.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Useless Eaters are Tolerated to a Point in Any Society in a Time of Plenty , but when Circumstances Change , their Very Survival can be in Question due to their Inferior Mindset ..........

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Useless Eaters are Tolerated to a Point in Any Society in a Time of Plenty , but when Circumstances Change , their Very Survival can be in Question due to their Inferior Mindset ..........

So their reward and therefore motivation, would be not being killed.

Thank you for proving my point

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Yes . The Survival Instinct Rules All Human Behavior . Adapt or Die . C'est la Vie ....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Created a separate thread for this post since it was quite beefy: Flawed Logic of The Venus Project
edit on 11/9/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: dug88

I was wondering about a movie to watch today, so thank you for your post.

In Time it is.

Yes, a brilliant alternative for money, as most of us understand what it is. Take some brilliant technlogy to make this work also. Excellent movie....watched it a few times

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
There is something nefariously evil behind the agenda to create cashless society.
The cashless money represents the spider completing its web.
Do you have to guess who are the flies?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

In the currencyless world, and assume it does work perfectly...the useless eaters will have the same problem as the people who have not been useless and provided for these useless eaters. It will be a shared problem....is what I believe what will happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join