It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler handed cops drugs after mom was pulled over: police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: howtonhawky

It makes me wonder if the kid knew and just did not want to be associated with that type of behavior?

Maybe the toddler was just high?

At least the people had some relatives to take in the youngster.

Do you think there is hope for this couple and perhaps having your child narc on you would make one really consider the actions and future.

How is this different than lets say a toddler picked up a pack of cigs and showed it to the cops....

The problem imo is the illegality of such and that is enough reason to not subject yutes to such in public.

I am thankful no shots were fired.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You do know their is no evidence whatsoever that the parents were high. and that it is also just as possible to be in possession of a plant and not be high as it is to have a case of beer in the car and not be drunk.

Yes, I absolutely understand these things. That said, same as with open containers of alcohol, they don't go under the front seat or you're in violation of the law and will be presumed to have been using while driving. That's the law, follow it or go to jail. In Alaska, weed must be carried in the back or trunk of the vehicle, or it is illegal and treated the same as operating under the influence. If one is unable to transport their weed somewhere other than under the front seat, then that is a personal problem and not something that affords them any leeway under said laws.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

The problem imo is the illegality of such and that is enough reason to not subject yutes to such in public.

I am thankful no shots were fired.

We talking most likely 100 bucks fine here

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree with you now. I just do not agree with the statement that driving high is dangerous.

I believe that having someone else smell your smoke is far more dangerous than driving stoned.

I agree with the law you state that says you should have your stash properly stored and out of reach.

I am pro midenite toker and not at all in favor of letting everyone know your business cause it seems cool.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That said, same as with open containers of alcohol, they don't go under the front seat or you're in violation of the law and will be presumed to have been using while driving. That's the law, follow it or go to jail. In Alaska, weed must be carried in the back or trunk of the vehicle, or it is illegal and treated the same as operating under the influence. If one is unable to transport their weed somewhere other than under the front seat, then that is a personal problem and not something that affords them any leeway under said laws.

Well a bag of pot is not listed as part of NY open container law and that law is typically "Although the basic open container fine in New York includes a nominal fee of $25" so what is your point?

If your point is she gets a 100 fine for having the pot than I agree with you..

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The worst part is that such smells correlate to probable cause.

While the fines may be low the memories last forever.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

"Toddler handed cops drugs after mom was pulled over: police"

Maybe the kid recognised a regular customer?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Yes, I absolutely understand these things. That said, same as with open containers of alcohol, they don't go under the front seat or you're in violation of the law and will be presumed to have been using while driving. That's the law, follow it or go to jail. In Alaska, weed must be carried in the back or trunk of the vehicle, or it is illegal and treated the same as operating under the influence. If one is unable to transport their weed somewhere other than under the front seat, then that is a personal problem and not something that affords them any leeway under said laws.

well laws are different state to state.
i was under the impression that you could not have an open container in your car even if under the seat but i could be wrong.

they screwed up with the pipe. if it would have just been the smoke it would have been fine.

in my state you can have a couple ounces on you. dont matter if youre in the car.
if you have say and ounce and a pipe you have a problem.
if you have an ounce in 4, 1/4 ounce bags you have a problem.

and imo it is pretty foolish to think that driving under the influence of grass should carry the same penalty as driving under the influence of alcohol.

thats crazy talk

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think the point we can all hopefully agree on is that like all mind altering drugs including alcohol, over the counter , and prescription only, pot should be kept secured around children.

It's common sense folks..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Toddler handed cops drugs after mom was pulled over: police"

Maybe the kid recognised a regular customer?

lol not now my partner is here!

I actually seen an 8 or 10 yo sellin drugs in florida.

Rumor was that he ran the local area.

no bs

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
how could this happen no 2

I liked this one best.. You know out of the 4 or 5 You did...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

When they are that age it makes it kind of hard to prosecute as the little fellows well know.

Also they have generally grown up as corner kids/with other siblings in gangs/parents that are junkies thus pretty much dont know any better nor any other way of life.

Supply and demands is a cruel mistress but she seldom discriminates age wise.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Don't forget the ashtray full of roaches.

Driving under the influence is driving under the influence.

I'm sure I will get a but caffeine is a drug b.s.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Else the little blighters are apt to tax the stuff i imagine.

On a more sensible note a wholeheartedly agree.

edit on 11-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

So is tobacco and they let you drive whilst smoking that stuff.

Just a thought.
edit on 11-9-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

i dont fully disagree as i know what you are saying but until there is a test for some sort of concentrated level in your system i will not concede anything about being under the influence.
too many variables.

with alcohol if they see a bottle or smell it or think you are drunk the blow you and give you a sobriety test.
then go from there

we do not have that luxury for grass.

so many factors. how strong was it? how much did you do? how did you do it? when did you do it? how often do you do it? how much do you weigh?

all that plays a factor of if you are actually under the influence.

there are people that can burn 1 and in an hour still be out of it.
there are people
that will be nowhere out of it after that long.

know what i mean?

so what is under the influence?

we would have to establish that.

i dont know about the concentrated levels but give me that weak ass sobriety test where i have to stand on 1 foot and say the alphabet backwards and touch my nose and watch me kill.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Don't forget the ashtray full of roaches.

Driving under the influence is driving under the influence.

I'm sure I will get a but caffeine is a drug b.s.

I can have a couple of beers and all is good .08 and all, so how about a couple of joints? I think much of this comes down to impairment...

edit on 11-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

so what is under the influence?

From my experience impairment does not at all come from mj. It comes from mixing with other substances and most of them are legal.

They should focus on that aspect and not testing for mj.

Booze and pills are the number one culprit of impairment.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Bad kid.

First time I’m in complete agreement.

What a little snitch.

I’d beat that a$$.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

how meant how or when is a person considered to be under the influence of marijuana?

it is not a simple question but the people that make it out to be are anti and have never or only on a few occasions tried it.

they will have a story of someone they knew smoked and then got hit by a car so there is that.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join