It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PolitiFact Blasts Kamala Harris Over ‘False’ Kavanaugh Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: xuenchen

Refresh my memory. What was the "lie" again?

😃LOL😃

lmfao, bruh the delusion is strong with that one 🤣

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Is anyone surprised that politicians use edited propaganda videos?
Well, I'm surprised at how bad the edit was, do they even PC yo?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

He said -

"They said filling out the form would make them complicit in the provision of the abortion-inducing drugs that they were, as a religious matter, objecting to."

Which is why Politifact said it was false. Removing "they said" from what he actually said, was about as dishonest as a person can be. You did not read the linked source or the original article obviously.

Kamala knows she can count on her supporters to accept the lie without question. That's why politicians lie so much. The Left/Right madness makes people turn of their brains and march in lockstep with them mindlessly.

It comes from what he actually wrote in the Dissent -

"They complain that submitting the required form contravenes their religious beliefs because doing so, in their view, makes them complicit in providing coverage for contraceptives, including some that they believe operate as abortifacients."

There is that darn "they" again.

edit on 9/11/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If a Supreme Court Justice believes that contraception is the same as an abortion, and that justice was appointed to fulfil a presidential promise to overturn Roe V Wade, then the legality of contraception is also at risk. That's a valid concern.

But, more importantly, Kamala Harris has documentation from Trump's personal lawyer's law firm that cites Kavanaugh''s assertion of presidential powers to ignore subpoenas the wrongness of putting a sitting president through investigations. At the same time, Kavanaugh insists that, if seated he will not recuse himself if Trump's case comes before SCOTUS. That is also a valid concern.

Sensationalism from Breitbart.

Many still strongly disagree with the USSC ruling that nuns filling out an exemption form - - is somehow against their pro-life religious belief.

Kavanaugh is not neutral when it comes to this position.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually the source was Politifact. The link is in the article and in my post where I point out the reason they are calling it false is she removed the two words that start the sentence which is incredibly dishonest. The equivalent of a lie in fact.

I'm not a Trump fan but that does not change the fact Kamala is not honest.

Isn't the reason the Left wants only Left leaning Justice's is so they will vote with a Left leaning bias, based on their political ideology, rather than the law and the Constitution as they pretend to promise when they take the Oath? I think both sides are guilty as heck of doing exactly that.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

But, more importantly, Kamala Harris has documentation from Trump's personal lawyer's law firm that cites Kavanaugh''s assertion of presidential powers to ignore subpoenas the wrongness of putting a sitting president through investigations. At the same time, Kavanaugh insists that, if seated he will not recuse himself if Trump's case comes before SCOTUS. That is also a valid concern.

I think he explained all this quite well and he really has never had contact with Trump so to suggest he would rule in Trump's favor due to Trump being the one to recommend him in the first place, is a full frontal attack on his integrity. .. He also said that Roe vs Wade was not just a precedent but “be an important precedent of the Supreme Court” that has “been reaffirmed many times.” I believe he talked about what is considered a double precedent and that is basically "settled law". The other part is the SC does not rule on things out of thin air, they need to be brought up for ruling after going through all the lower courts and then the SC can still elect not to rule. When we are talking about something that is a double precedent it just not going to get to the SC and the SC will not even consider ruling on it anyways being a double precedent.

Abortion is a dead horse the left can't stop kicking...

edit on 11-9-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Do you seriously think I'm going to read
Breitbart's sensationalized opinion of a Politifact article?

I try to always find/read the original source.

The Politifact article says a lot more than just "as stated is incorrect".

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As always.

Time will tell.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Do you seriously think I'm going to read
Breitbart's sensationalized opinion of a Politifact article?

I try to always find/read the original source.

The Politifact article says a lot more than just "as stated is incorrect".

Quote some.

It might be interesting.

💥🎃💥

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I did read the Politifact article which was linked in that article. It's clear as can be that Kamala intentionally mislead people to the point even Poltifact could not stomach it. Kamala is not honest and can't be trusted and it's sad partisans are so easy to mislead and control.

I'm neither Republican or Democrat so I don't actually have a horse in the race, but do like to point out why I'm neither. This is a glaring in your face example of how they mislead people.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Kamala Harris, the dumb.cluck of the decade

Seconded

She is a worthless loud mouth degenerate who stoops to this very low level out of jealousy, virulent rage, moral bankruptcy and most likely a genuine mental illness.

She should be expelled from the Senate. Her and Sheila Jackson, who falsely declared/proclaimed matter-of-factly Trump/Republicans planned to fire Rosenstein/Mueller (which didn't happen, of course). She stated it as a foregone conclusion, one that was set in stone and definitely going to happen.

Clearly, like Adam Schiff, she was full of it and spewing her virulent toxic lies without a shred of real information to back her up. Or low-IQ Maxine, who embarrasses this country every time she shows her "The Scream" face on television.......

Despicable! They should all be expelled from Congress. They are the example of how low life, low information, low intelligence "politicians" are ruining this country. This is why our laws don't work. This is why our government doesn't work.
edit on 9/11/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Democrats are in a total state of desperation/shell shock at how fast our agenda is moving. Their half-baked attempts at derailing our agenda (including SCOTUS stacking) will and have been failing miserably. The reason is simple, though... they've wasted the last 2 years foaming at the mouth over some make-believe Russian wanna-be spy thriller and falsely labeling their political opponents everything from "racist" to "Nazi"

They have no credibility left with the American public.

Not only will our agenda be protected thanks to SCOTUS, but we're on track for crushing the Dems in the 2018 midterms. The "blue wave" talking point is just that... a make believe talking point.

When we're done, the Democrats will exist as a coastal/inner-city party only. And even that will only last until the people of those cities realize that Dems have been intentionally keeping them dependent on the government to secure votes.

The founders warned of a partisan system, and they couldn't have been right. I believe the partisan/party based system is a complete failure, and does not serve the interests of Americans. It does ensure stagnation and further failure of this governing model. Almost as though we should've listened to the founders/Constitution instead of substituting/ignoring things whenever some putz in a robe declared it "legal" or some low-IQ congress-critter thought something "made sense" (how precious)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.politifact.com... the actual politifact link as i hadnt seen it posted here yet

Our ruling Harris tweeted a clip in which Kavanaugh said, "Filling out the form would make them complicit in the provision of the abortion-inducing drugs that they were -- as a religious matter, objected to." In Harris’ tweet, Kavanaugh appears to define contraception as abortion-inducing. But the video failed to include a crucial qualifier: "They said." In fact, he was citing the definition of the religious group Priests for Life. He has not expressed his personal view. We rate this statement False.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Whoa, well, color me surprised.

I'd been thinking that Kamala Harris will be the next Dem candidate for POTUS.

I guess that's why she can do stuff like this. If she's the candidate for POTUS in 2020, anyone criticizing her for any reason, even if its true, will be deemed a racist white supremacist.

That's the beauty of identity politics..........everything is reduced to its simplest form.

As I’ve indicated in previous posts, she (Harris) is nothing more than a slightly darker skinned HRC. Would it have surprised anyone if HRC did this during a Senate confirmation she didn’t want to lose? Well, then it really shouldn’t surprise anyone K. Harris did this. It is absolutely surprising, however, that Politifacts actually printed facts for a change...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
She's a radical - a perfect candidate for the new Democrat party.
I suspect either she or the other radical, Booker, will be the DNV nomination n 2020.
Then it's a straight-up choice. A new Communist country or the continuation of the USA.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Not at all, in fact that is probably why I can't stand Haris. They all use tactics like that, very dishonest very corrupt and very transparent!

They are so transparent my dog's old shredded pillow is more solid

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

This is a glaring in your face example of how they mislead people.

"They" as in ALL politicians?

Do you think Trump would be where he is today if he campaigned on political knowledge and facts?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Blaine91555

This is a glaring in your face example of how they mislead people.

"They" as in ALL politicians?

Do you think Trump would be where he is today if he campaigned on political knowledge and facts?

*....👆....*
Great Red Herring to deflect away from Kamala and her lies and deceptive tactics.
*....😃....*

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The "They said" portion of Kavanaugh's doesn't have anything to do with Harris's concerns. Kavanaugh was grasping for words as he was trying to summarize the Little Sister's ACA complaint. Their complaint was that contraception was against their religious belief, and that filling out the form made them complicate is aiding women using the forbidden stuff.

But the Little Sisters, along with schools like Notre Dame and other religious organizations, claimed that signing that piece of paper was the moral equivalent of condoning birth control.
www.theatlantic.com...

The Little Sister never complained that contraception was abortion inducing. Those are Brett Kavanaugh's words. That's why Kamala Harris called him out. She did not lie or misrepresent why she was concerned with his statement, and what it revealed about him.
edit on 11-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join