It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube shuts down SANA & pro-Syrian government channels

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Did you see the goofy pictures of plastic bags and paper cups on the actors? I'll try to find them again.

Found it.

Staged Filming of False Flag 'Chemical Attacks' Has Begun in Idlib: Russian MoD

Don't know if it is all propaganda.
edit on 9/11/2018 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Careful now, the progs are using capitalism and our constitution against us with their mega corps to force our in hand changing our rights. Fight the good fight with selective use of your paycheck.
Bad consumerism=bad capitalism.

It's easier to amend than legislate, careful what you wish for.
edit on 9/11/2018 by TheLead
edit on 9/11/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

My opinion on Syria is to let them fight, chem, nuke each other until one side remains standing.

Then we go in and negotiate.

Sorry. Can't seem to generate any faux outrage over some middle eastern country having a civil war.

Too many Americans seem to be wanting one and inner city gangs are killing everyone else here.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
The Russians have RT and the best trolls and hackers in the world. They don't need YouTube.

Opulence, they has it.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: howtonhawky
True discrimination happens when a person is denied a service and valid alternative options do not exist.

People should care.

You mean like not getting access to a business' washroom because it's "employee's only"?

If it is offered as a service and they make you pee your pants cause they do not like you for some reason then yes.

I think you missed the point if you in any way think i advocate for making business turn over their private bathrooms.

Nice try but this is actually an big issue that is slowly eroding freedoms in favor of politics.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

True discrimination happens when a person is denied a service and valid alternative options do not exist.

People should care.

Then Syria should make their own version of YouTube. It could be filled with awesome videos of kittehs gassing their owners and then barfing in their jinni shoes.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My opinion on Syria is to let them fight, chem, nuke each other until one side remains standing.

Then we go in and negotiate.

Sorry. Can't seem to generate any faux outrage over some middle eastern country having a civil war.

Too many Americans seem to be wanting one and inner city gangs are killing everyone else here.

Gotta give you the clap...

ETA: @ HH. I was being facetious.
edit on 11-9-2018 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

People should care.

Then Syria should make their own version of YouTube. It could be filled with awesome videos of kittehs gassing their owners and then barfing in their jinni shoes.

Well at least you agree that such discrimination is a problem.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

People should care.

You mean like not getting access to a business' washroom because it's "employee's only"?

If it is offered as a service and they make you pee your pants cause they do not like you for some reason then yes.

I think you missed the point if you in any way think i advocate for making business turn over their private bathrooms.

Nice try but this is actually an big issue that is slowly eroding freedoms in favor of politics.

what exactly did Syria do before YouTube?

YouTube can do whatever the piss they want. its their servers, their maintenance, their employees, their rules, their domain.

its disheartening to see how many dont even understand what freedom of speech means in the constitution...
people think they can walk around and say whatever they want to whomever for whatever reason...

it's a good thing none of these people are in a position of authority... they're mainly keyboard lawyers.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

what exactly did Syria do before YouTube?

I think you downplay the role media plays out in the world.

I am not in favor of making it a utility or anything like that but we should recognize the fact that people have come to rely on the webs for information and when companies become monopolies they should be regulated in a fashion that allows for all viewpoints.

No youtube does not have the right imo to change the flow of information in a manner that can topple governments.

Is fairness an accepted aspect of capitalism or are we just gonna bust through the stop signs and go straight to corporate authoritarianism?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

Their site, their rules.

ETA: They've been SANAtized.

Youtube is the new public forum, thus 1st amendment rights should apply.

1st amendment rights is for Americans...YouTube has multi-cultural, nationality, communist, fascist contributors worldwide posting.

With some? We'd be appalled and horrified at what would be posted if it could be.....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don't actually, because I'm not a communist.

edit on 11-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't actually, because I'm not a communist.

Such does not turn a person into a commie.

We have laws in the usa that deal with monopolistic entities.

We should use them more often.

Seems like you are trying to provide cover for a company that seeks to silence people.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Such does not turn a person into a commie.

A non-free market capitalist is a communist.

We have laws in the usa that deal with monopolistic entities.

YouTube has many competing platforms.

Seems like you are trying to provide cover for a company that seeks to silence people.

Truly, my ass bleeds for the people they do. If the whiney marys don't like that a private company decides how to monetize their property they can start their own. Or move to North Korea.

edit on 11-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What part of monopoly do you not understand?

Competing businesses does not at all mean equal businesses.

Competing and winning are two different things.

Do you not see a problem with a company growing bigger than government itself and thereby running the world as the board sees fit?

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

What part of monopoly do you not understand?

The part you don't as there are multiple video sharing platforms other than YouTube. Just in case you are unaware, the 'mono' in 'monopoly' means 'one'.

Competing businesses does not at all mean equal businesses.

Oh well, you aren't entitled to have your business be 'equal' to another. Sounds very communist to me.

Do you not see a problem with a company growing bigger than government itself and thereby running the world as the board sees fit?

Call me when that happens in 2,000 and never.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

well nice chat but you are incoherent now.

holla when you get back to reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

well nice chat but you are incoherent now.

holla when you get back to reality.

Translation: You are absolutely right Augie and I'm just trying to save face at this point.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

lololol

Surely that is not what i meant.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself to get through the day.

Hint

A monopoly game is not played with one player. That is not what the laws are in place for.

The laws are there to protect consumer choice. When a business becomes so big that they eliminate choice then capitalism has to be regulated in a manner that provides choice again or creates a fair and equal market for all sides.

Over and over you ignore the question of how big is too big. When a company can shut down a government then perhaps there needs to be regulation to protect free speech.

The picture you paint is one that would allow a company to exclude certain people's voices for any reason what so ever they decide.

That is not freedom or capitalism if everyone does not have access to large monopolistic platforms.

Free market would have the gov.of syria and alex jones putting up whatever they choose and allowing the public to have the choice of viewership while simultaneously having opposing viewpoints to be heard.

This crap of allowing mega corps to silence folks and governments is not capitalism instead it is corporate authoritarianism.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A monopoly game is not played with one player.

Bigger hint: The objective is to get it to one player, hence the name 'Monopoly'. The goal is to put all your competition out of business.

If you're going to use an analogy on me at least think it though.

edit on 11-9-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join