It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11-Nike-media-kneeling-Kap-PASS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Today being 9/11, when watching tributes, remember what the NFL player and a lot of the media is teaching America. Kneeling is always patriotic. Even though the flag stands for the same thing today as it did last Sunday, every Sunday Colin Kapernick knelt, and every future NFL game day.

But

More importantly, when watching any news footage from 2001. Keep in mind, per Nike and Colin Kapernick, he is the one who sacrificed EVERYTHING. When watching 9/11 footage and hearing constant chirping from the firefighters’ PASS system, the 95 decibel of noise that goes off when a fire fighter stops moving for an extended period of time, makes anything associated with a Nike Swoosh, extremely uncomfortable to wear, not only for today but everyday in the future.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

I think people care entirely too much about what some spoiled rich kid does during the anthem.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Im a skateboarder at heart and skaters from my day learned way back when about what Nike and big corporations stood for. We were all about giving our money to the little man, the skateboarders that owned shoe companies. Why do you think Nike didnt really get into the skateboarding market until well into the 2000's?

We had a code. The new generations are breaking that code by buying into the mainstream cooperate bloodsuckers that dont care about skateboarding or skateboarders.

I have never in my life bought nor owned anything Nike, ever. Oh and by the way I quit watching football and buying any NFL merch two years ago, they can go to hell. And F Kapercrack or whatever the hell his name is. I rather go fishing anyways!

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Im a skateboarder at heart and skaters from my day learned way back when about what Nike and big corporations stood for. We were all about giving our money to the little man, the skateboarders that owned shoe companies. Why do you think Nike didnt really get into the skateboarding market until well into the 2000's?

We had a code. The new generations are breaking that code by buying into the mainstream cooperate bloodsuckers that dont care about skateboarding or skateboarders.

I have never in my life bought nor owned anything Nike, ever. Oh and by the way I quit watching football and buying any NFL merch two years ago, they can go to hell. And F Kapercrack or whatever the hell his name is. I rather go fishing anyways!

Agreed... my parents had bought me a pair of the first Air Jordan’s and even at that age I wanted nothing to do with Nike... I wanted a pair of Vans and they then bought me a pair of Airwalks and again... no thanks... 30+ years later I still wear my Vans... and have not and never would have put on a pair of literal real actual slave made shoes... guess it doesn’t matter to Kap that he’s taking “Blood Diamondesque Money” because the people being chained to a sowing machine don’t match the color of his narrative...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

I think that Kap has some right intentions. He's donating money to help disadvantaged kids.

But at the same time. I don't think he's doing his research. Like when he wore that Castro shirt. Castro was a murdering rapist dictator. That oppressed the masses in Cuba. Why in the world would you wear a shirt with his face on it?

Someone needs to talk to him.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I think that Kap has some right intentions. He's donating money to help disadvantaged kids.

But at the same time. I don't think he's doing his research. Like when he wore that Castro shirt. Castro was a murdering rapist dictator. That oppressed the masses in Cuba. Why in the world would you wear a shirt with his face on it?

Someone needs to talk to him.

He’s just another cog in the progressive proagandist machine... he just put a bunch of “stand with me jerseys” on sale and said he’ll donate 20% (later changed to all if you believe that) at the fabulous steal of $175 for an adult size and $99 for kids...

He’s a scumbag opportunist...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Why in the world would you wear a shirt with his face on it?

You're right. He should wear a shirt saying "Triggered" on it because it seems a lot of people are... as they've been told to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

While I agree that Kaps white privileged is strong

One spoiled rich kid is having average kids acting like a spoiled rich kids is not good for society

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Loved your reply

I agree and I will take it a step further

Nike steps on the little people. They utilize slave labor to make Kap's shoes. Then take those slave labor shoes, mark them up, then target inner city black kids

inner city black family:
buy fresh vegetables or Kap's shoes....
edit on 11-9-2018 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

totally cool post

Not only doesn't Nike stand for the little person. They take slave labor to Kap's shoes, which in tern they take inner city black kids money.

inner city black family:
buy fresh vegetables or Kap's shoes....

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Im a skateboarder at heart and skaters from my day learned way back when about what Nike and big corporations stood for.

I used to go to the local Van Doren (later shortened to Vans) shoe store and order my custom skatin' shoes

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Today being 9/11, when watching tributes, remember what the NFL player and a lot of the media is teaching America. Kneeling is always patriotic. Even though the flag stands for the same thing today as it did last Sunday, every Sunday Colin Kapernick knelt, and every future NFL game day.

But

More importantly, when watching any news footage from 2001. Keep in mind, per Nike and Colin Kapernick, he is the one who sacrificed EVERYTHING. When watching 9/11 footage and hearing constant chirping from the firefighters’ PASS system, the 95 decibel of noise that goes off when a fire fighter stops moving for an extended period of time, makes anything associated with a Nike Swoosh, extremely uncomfortable to wear, not only for today but everyday in the future.

Yes. It's important, on this day, to focus on shoe commercials. If you were as patriotic as you claim to be, with your obvious authority on the matter, you'd think you'd take one day to focus on something else. If only there were such a day...

Also, people like you are why people view thise making your argument as a joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Im a skateboarder at heart and skaters from my day learned way back when about what Nike and big corporations stood for.

I used to go to the local Van Doren (later shortened to Vans) shoe store and order my custom skatin' shoes

To this day all I wear is skate shoes and boots. I remember before DC's were in style I bought a pair because i really liked the way they looked. My sister noticed them and asked what kind they were and I was like uhhhh trying to read the side of my shoe uhhh (DCshoecompany) uhh ... Then she was like it says DC shoe company dumbass. And I was like oh, yeah lol. Thats how much i gave a sht about brand names. A year later DC blew up and I switched brands. I hate wearing what everyone else is wearing.

Thats the other thing about Nike that I hate. It seems to me like EVERYONE and their dogs likes and wears Nike. To me thats a huge turn off. To me it shows you are just a follower and a part of the herd if you wear Nike. To me Nike is the opposite of cool. It tells me that you have no sense of your own style and taste. I could never understand why everyone wanted to wear what everyone else was wearing.

I remember saying many years ago...."I feel like I'm a player and everyone else is just NPC's"

I still feel that way. Nike is the pillar of the antithesis of my being.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Back in my day the Vans factory was in Anaheim. They only had a handful of stores where you could buy off-the-shelf or order custom colors from a huge pile of swatches. They would even let you bring your own fabric (I got a sweet pair made out of my mom's leopard-print bathrobe
)

On topic, I've never cared for Nikes - definitely not into "branding" at all.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

makes anything associated with a Nike Swoosh, extremely uncomfortable to wear, not only for today but everyday in the future.

I think it’s highly distasteful that you try to use the tragedy of 9/11 to further your political boycott of a company you don’t agree with.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I wouldn't call him an opportunist scumbag.

He's actually going out and donating money. Not just keeping the money to himself.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The most triggered group right now are the ones burning their Nike's.

Nike's aren't cheap. Please don't burn your shoes. Donate them to homeless veterans.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Jesus... Apples to Oranges.

If you don't know why he took a knee then I dunno what to tell you but that he didn't do it to offend the country, the military, the flag, or worse of all, conservatives feelings.

top topics

join