It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do beautiful woman date total jerks?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I hung around some foxy women when I was young, they were my friends. The guys I know were afraid of them, scared they weren't good looking enough for the girls or that they would be stuck into turmoil having to worry if someone was trying to steal away their girlfriend. Jerks do not worry, they just worry about that moment.

Actually many of the cutest girls were lonely, unless they were in a group that accepted them. They were actually really nice when you got to know them. I myself actually avoided dating them, but did dance a lot with them and went out to lunch with them...just friends. I did not desire to have to worry about someone trying to steal away a plain girlfriend. My friends asked me why I did not date the foxy girls I was always talking to or doing things with, I told them I do not date friends, because if things go bad then you lose a friend. Well, that worked short term but over the years they got married or I was married and it was not acceptable back then to be doing things with someone's wife or husband, even if things were innocent, talk got all around town.

But these foxes are still considered friends of mine since we never dated, I will talk to them if I see them, no guilt is felt.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I am a nice guy and women have always wanted me.

It's not because your nice.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Wow... where to even begin?

I suppose I should state, from the start, that I know where you are coming from with this. It is frustrating when you experience seeing an otherwise desirable person, making just the most awful decisions for themselves, and often suffering for it, but committing to it utterly, like a thespian committed to a bad plot, because damnit, their years of walking the boards will carry this production if they have to...

But its also important to understand that women, in a general sense, are not gravitating toward the total bastards out there, it just seems that way from your perspective. Another way to look at it, is that if all the women you have been interested in, have been going after the complete scumbags out there, then perhaps its the sort of women you are interested in that are the problem, rather than the female half of the species in general?

I have been in situations, one springing more readily to mind than others, in which a woman I knew made just the absolute worst decisions about who to spend her time with, that it is possible to make, despite being an otherwise intelligent person, despite having WAAAAY better options. It sucks, but its also the case that there are women out there wondering where all the good men are at, because they are surrounded and always have been by low quality, boys in adult bodies, guys who might look great, but couldn't recognise an emotional need if their life depended on it, or guys who like to dominate with brutality, that which ought to be won and cherished by good conduct, and the ability to contribute actual love.

Thing is though, its just as messed up for you to be into these unfortunate idiots you are attracted to, as it is for them to be into their preferred poisonous, rancid, shrivel membered, useless bags of scum.

People need to be less messed up. Unfortunately, its hard to achieve that, while remaining in the doom spiral.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I could answer your question, in real terms, but it would result in an altered view of women for you forever more.

Seriously.

Women are not what they appear. And, "appear" is the exact word for it too. When they know you can see through the facade to the real person things change (dramatically), and practically overnight too.

It's not an altogether pretty journey though (for men AND their perception of women), and it will change your mindset.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Don't look to Dr Hook. They don't have any answers...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Because deep inside their core, they want to be with an Alpha Male. It is part of the true nature of women, wanting the most dominant male that will actually provide for them. But because Alpha males are rare, and unfortunately discouraged by many feminists and beta males(The unholy fake feminine and males are the the real destroyers of the true Divine Masculine and Feminine), you mostly get either the Jerk Male or the Beta (weak) Male on the dollar menu. Both of these can be compared to an Ahab spirit where he is either a jerk or a push over that can be easily controlled or manipulated.

Unfortunately the Jerk comes closer to the Alpha, but not quite, cause the Jerk is the same as their unholy Feminine counter parts. They mostly want power and control.

The Alpha male however doesn't want control nor does he seek it, but yet he is in control not only of himself, but of his environment because he learns the rules of nature and how things work. Which is what makes the alpha males successful entrepreneurs. But they are becoming increasingly rare, same as the Alpha Woman. Both may have had humbled beginnings but it seems to be ending in tragedy.

Unfortunately we live in a society where genuine relationships is dying. It is all about a power trip now from both sides, which is in fact Unnatural.

So why do some women prefer the jerks? (I say some because not all of them are this way)

Simple:

The true human nature of love, care, compassion, truth and empathy is dying. That which is supposed to be natural, we are being taught by society to devalue/ crucify it. And we only have ourselves to blame because we allow it to happen.

So what are the alternatives?

It is no different than a Hegelian dialectic. democrat or republican. Jerk or a Beta push over.

The real wise ones will not choose either and will avoid suffering. Go for the A.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Yes, but Alpha isn't inherently a bad guy. I was speaking more about the "player", "thug" types. Movies/Media and rap culture have sexualized these personality types.

I have worked with many Alpha males that were good guys.

Me too. Alpha is strength and determination.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

There are no alphas. The guy who came up with the theory redacted it later. I wish people would stop using that term.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Yes there are and the term didn't come from one guy.

Are you referring to "Pick Up Artists"?

If so then you are completely ignorant of the origins of the term Alpha Male.

It's exhibited through nature with countless examples.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'm referring to nature. www.businessinsider.com... (not a valid article but I won't edit as has been replied to)

Here's another www.psychologytoday.com...

I don't consider Humans to have alphas.
edit on 11-9-2018 by Autorico because: added stuffs

www.bustle.com...
www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Opening paragraph:

Eric Trump recently suggested that when his father, Donald Trump, bragged about grabbing women's genitals without consent, it was an example of "two alpha guys in a thing."

LMFAO.

Edit to add link: Donald Trump hit piece linked in the post I'm replying to.
edit on 11-9-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Lol yea I know, that's why I included the 2nd link.

Seriously though, the theory has been debunked. The sample size used to validate the theory was waaay to small.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Lol yea I know, that's why I included the 2nd link.

Seriously though, the theory has been debunked. The sample size used to validate the theory was waaay to small.

Second is purely about humans and has nothing to do with nature which exemplifies the fact you were just posting some sort of twisted partisan Bullsh!t. E.g:

Within popular culture, there is no shortage of references to "alpha males." Plenty of books advise men on how to become one, and an abundance of movies depict their purportedly fabulous lives. From James Dean to James Bond, these are the men who are perceived to be at the top of the pack.

But is there really such a thing as a human alpha male? Scientists have their doubts.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I had no idea that was about trump, my apologies, i just looked at the title, totally my fault.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I had no idea that was about trump, my apologies, i just looked at the title, totally my fault.

Uhuh.

I love you all the same. ❤

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

From your Independent link:

n fact, the most attractive combination according to the women in the study was kindness and assertiveness (which, yet again, most women could have told you).

Yeah, that is Alpha in our species.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

As Ian Steadman pointed out in New Statesman , alpha male theory is an intrinsic part of the "science" behind modern pick-up artistry — the pick-up artist demonstrates his "dominance" and therefore expects to be given his due, i.e. the sexual favors of any female who happens to be around. The potential for alpha male theory to be used as a tool of misogynist idiots doesn't automatically invalidate it — but it certainly should make us examine it very closely indeed.

As I thought, more Pick Up Artist crap...
www.bustle.com... the-alpha-male-a-myth-the-science-behind-the-concept-explained

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'll just bow out then, agree to disagree. Go for a t-shirt and jeans lady, stop putting the bar so high.

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Will do sweetheart. 💋

posted on Sep, 11 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This is...an Alpha!

I don't see him going around fornicating an siring children...like Ghengis or a Male walrus. Besides in their culture, they would same sex for fun an opposite sex for reproduction...so it up to the men then...just like Marlon Brando an Richard Pyr.

Besides, with survival of the fittest being obsolete with technology, and women ruling an ruining the planet...they are just going to be milking us for our sperm anyways.

Won't be so Alpha or as fun when that happens.
Girls be tripping anyways...they don't want a man, and yet they want a real man.
edit on 11-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join