It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive unknown impact crater located using google earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hello internet,

I have a theory for you. I think I've located a massive impact crater using google earth, and I think it ties in with some fringe theories, I have recently become acquainted with.

It all started when I watched a youtube video a few days back, that I know has already been shared on this forum. The host puts forth the theory that the myth of Atlantis might be based on the demise of a prehistoric civilization which inhabited the feature know as the Eye of Sahara - and the arguments put forward in the video were very compelling, as both the size, location, shape and even it's relation to north and south seems to match the description provided by Plato. If you like to entertain such ideas, I suggest you check out the video for context The Lost City of Atlantis - Hidden in Plain Sight - Advanced Ancient Human Civilization - the host of this channel puts forward a lot of ideas in other videos that I disagree with, but in relations to this subject I feel he had a lot of interesting input.

In the video they share the following graphic, in relation to something called the Younger Dryas Impact Hypothisis. There seems to be a lot of controversy regarding this theory, and it has yet to be fully discarded or approved by the academic community. Basically there are ice core samples from multiple source around the planet which indicate that at around 12.800 years ago, and again, about 1000 years later, the world experienced two quick bursts of extreme warming and flash flooding, basically overnight, and it is suggested that this was caused by some sort of extra terrestrial impact, and as far as I can gather, everything from asteroids and meteors, to sun flares/bursts has been on the table.

Younger Dryas Impact Graphic

This graphic is also shared in other videos on the same channel, and in those the host elaborates further on its meaning. The picture is supposed to indicate that North America was impacted 12.800 years ago, and it is then explained that this caused massive flash floods which contributed to the extinction of several mega fauna, carved out the landscape and a bunch of other stuff.

I don't really understand the values on this map, but my gut instinct tells me that the impact would more likely be in the Middle East, since the values there are highest, and that the values found elsewhere show the trajectory of the impact as it expands outwards across the northern hemisphere.

So after this thought hit me I went on to google earth and started looking for a crater. I actually did this two evenings in a row. The first evening I looked at the Sahara and I was amazed by how much it looks as though a massive wall of mud has washed across northern Africa. But no matter how much I looked I didn't seem to find any origin of these patterns.

But the next day I zoomed out a bit more, and I started looking for bigger patterns, and as I scrolled towards the Middle East and beyond I found something.

Just north of Tibet there is a desert that looks like a massive crater, and if you follow it's trajectory it aligns almost perfectly with the dry and arid areas that define the landscape from the Middle East, across the Arabian Peninsula and all the way to the west coast of northern Africa. Check out the collage below, that I have stitched together with pictures from google earth.

Crater Impact Collage

Just a coincidence? Maybe. I don't know enough about any of these subject to judge for myself.

But I feel like it fits well with the ideas that an impact ended the last ice age, crossed massive havoc in northern Africa and might have been the source of both the multiple deluge myths from across different cultures, including that of Atlantis and Noah. The Sahara desert was once a lush area, and I've heard the the sands of the desert supposedly come from the ocean. I personally always thought that these areas were so dry due to lack of precipitation, but seeing how the rest of the earths landmass which inhabits the same areas just north of the equator can still sustain vegetation I think there might be another reason why we see this pattern stretched across three tectonic plates.

Let me hear your thoughts.

(Ps. In hindsight it might have been more appropriate to call it an unidentified impact crater, as the area is already known, but has never been identified as a crater to my knowledge.)
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: Titel edit, see note in the bottom of the first post

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I will be reading this later for sure.

This is an area of great interest for me as well.

Excellent post!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mads1987

You created a thread to take Bright Insights ideas and say you found them. Lame.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Check out the collage below, that I have stitched together with pictures from google earth.

The image showing trajectory and your claimed impact site look wrong.

In my opinion looking at the desert and its shape I would say the rounder part of the desert is where it ended so the trajectory would be from the opposite direction.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

No I most certainly did not. First off I link to his video straight away, so I give credit where credit is due. But I have just finished watching all Bright Insights videos relating to this subject, and he NEVER places the Younger Dryas Impact in Asia as I have.
Obviously I had to recap a lot of his material, to put the significance of this impact into context - material which he in turns borrows from others, such as Graham Hancock. But the location of the crater is a purely original observation by me. If anyone else has ever suggested that the area highlighted in my Crater Impact Collage is a crater left by an extra terrestrial impact, it is news to me.

I doubt you read my whole thread.
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The lines and highlighted area were put in without much precision, so I am sorry if any of it is hard to make out.
I think I understand what you are saying. Although I am not sure. You say that the impact would be from the Atlantic side, and that the curvature we see is due to the impact or whatever it is, fading out towards the east coast of Africa? Or am I reading this wrong?
I figured curvature in the desert, was created due to the earths rotation having an influence on the trajectory of the impact. If the area I suggest is the site of an impact, it would have hit going against the earths rotation, and this could have forced it into a curve I think.

But I am a bit out of my depth here. And I basically base all of this on the fact that I think that it looks like a tidal wave of mud swept across northern Africa from east to west and not the other way around.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Flagg dad...
For good detective work

Could be the navel of the planet....after the collision with another planet size object we hear of....mounded up the mountains there....left a navel to fill and heal over.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I don't really understand the values on this map, but my gut instinct tells me that the impact would more likely be in the Middle East, since the values there are highest, and that the values found elsewhere show the trajectory of the impact as it expands outwards across the northern hemisphere.

The map shows a supposed impact field (multiple impacts). The values are simply enumerating the impact sites.

As to your google maps based analysis. I am sure you'll see anything you want see if you look hard enough.

For confirmed impact sites see Earth Impact Database: www.passc.net...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

I appreciate your thoughts. As I said, I am a bit out of my depth with these things, so the patterns I am seeing in google earth could just be a combination of wishful thinking and me misreading natural geological features out of pure ignorance. Some part of me also keeps asking, if there wouldn't have been more obvious evidence for such an event if it was the case.

But I would love if someone could say a few words about how you get a desert, which I assume is a relatively flat area, that is almost completely surrounded by mountains all the way around it, and in a region which is know for it's geological activity. I really feel like this desert area north of Tibet sticks out like a sore thumb.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Or we could just go by what the Hopi think... that what was once ancient Persia developed a weapon capable of making such a crater.

The land changed, the sky was dark for years, drinking the water made your teeth and hair fall out, the Hopi had to live for a time underground and then were taken to Turtle land, or North America.

Or we could talk about something falling from the sky, since that seems to be easier for people to believe in than civilizations before ours with advanced knowledge.

Because our current civilization is the smart one, right?

edit on 10-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Feel free to explore that aspect. Personally I deliberately chose to be vague about the cause of this impact, because its less important to me. Right now I am just curious to find out if could actually be an impact. Once this is established Ill start worrying about what caused it. As I have eluded to the idea of Atlantis having met it's demise due to this impact, I think it's clear that I am willing to entertain the idea of lost history and once advanced civilizations, but I see no reason why I would go with that theory over an extra terrestrial impact at the moment.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mads1987

In the video they share the following graphic, in relation to something called the Younger Dryas Impact Hypothisis. There seems to be a lot of controversy regarding this theory, and it has yet to be fully discarded or approved by the academic community. Basically there are ice core samples from multiple source around the planet which indicate that at around 12.800 years ago, and again, about 1000 years later, the world experienced two quick bursts of extreme warming and flash flooding, basically overnight, and it is suggested that this was caused by some sort of extra terrestrial impact, and as far as I can gather, everything from asteroids and meteors, to sun flares/bursts has been on the table.

Except that what happened during the Younger Dryas is the opposite of what you claim. The planet had been warming for 1000's of years. The Younger Dryas reversed this warming trend and cooled the planet between 12,900 BP and 11,700 BP so no, there was no massive flash flooding as a result let alone 2 huge floods 1000 years apart. There may have been an initial tsunami if the impact were in the water but then that rules out this location as an impact crater causing flooding as you claim.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Huh, you have been a bit confused with that input, but I'll happily admit that I could be wrong, or that the sources I have used are just wrong. I watched a lengthy interview with Joe Rogan, Graham Hancock, Michael Shermer and Randall Carlson, and some other guys, in which they discuss a bunch of stuff related to the Younger Dryass Impact Hypothesis and some other theories about lost history which I kinda hope would tie into what I am talking about.

The video is like four hours long, so I am not sure if I'll be able to find the segment where I believe they say something to the same affect as what I suggest. But I am pretty sure that they mentioned to separate events, that happened a little more than 1000 years apart, with the first one happening at 12,800, that resulted in rapid warming and flooding, followed by periods of cooling (which I might have neglected to mention). It's not that I suggest that this warming was permanent, just that for a brief period this cooling was interrupted by some cataclysmic events. I guess I did write that these events could have marked the end of the last ice age, I dunno if there has to be any correlation with that, I think I was basically just parroting something I heard in the aforementioned video.

I'll share a link if I can find it. Thanks for the input.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Marking to watch the video for later!

Thanks for this!

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Joe Rogan Experience #961 - Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson & Michael Shermer

From this point in the show and properly the next 10-15 min forward, they talk a lot about the emerging idea that there was significant flooding during the Younger Dryas, and different scientific evidence that points towards multiple impacts during this time.

Joe Rogan Experience #961 - Graham Hancock, Randall Carlson & Michael Shermer

Here Randal Carlson talks about a precise event. And if you keep watching they go into Plato and Atlantis and how his dating falls exactly with the end of the Younger Dryas when there was a massive increase of the seas levels.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wow I guess you can regurgitate YouTube Videos and pass it off as your own these days.... Pretty sure everything your claiming YOU discovered is completely up front in this video. The Richat Structure has been known about since the Gemini-4 mission. Many other groups have been working on this site, but at least even the YouTuber gives credit from his sources...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

The Richat Structure is of little importance to this post. Either you didn't read it through, or I didn't explain myself well enough.

My point is that I think there was an extra terrestrial impact, perhaps a comet, in Asia, just north of Tibet in the Taklamakan Desert, which essentially created said desert, and which caused a tidal wave of mud and dust to cover the northern part of Africa.

The tidal wave of mud is nothing new. But so far everyone else has suggested that it came from the west. The entire point of this thread is that I suggest it came from the east instead.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The comet that ended the Younger Dryas was an air burst over the North American glacier ice pack. The geological and fragmentary mythological documentary evidence continues to build to verify that. The corresponding rapid melting made world water levels rise around 400 feet. At the same time, the corresponding release of the pressure on North America caused the Mid-Atlantic Ridge - and the large plateau where the Azores are now -- to flex back into its neutral position and sink into the ocean. Randall Carlson and Graham Hancock make good arguments for this, and they're certainly worth considering.

The thing to check is the dating on the surface features. If they're older than either 12,900 years ago or 11,600 years ago, then they don't have anything to do with Atlantis.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Excellent thread people!
Please keep it up.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The Younger Dryas impact is solid science. Eight to nine comet fragments struck across Earth's landmass. The largest fragment impacted the Laurentide Ice Sheet covering Eastern Canada and the Eastern US.

Geologic evidence proves it. Post-deluge "myths" and Göbekli Tepe, which was intentionally buried before the impacts, corroborate it as well.

Having now read the rest of the replies -

1. It was not an air burst.

2. The cometary impacts melted ice sheets, created enormous tsunamis, and threw debris into the atmosphere creating a form of "nuclear" winter, which plunged the planet into deep freeze for 1200 years.
edit on 9/10/2018 by Creep Thumper because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join