It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left needs to impeach Trump.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh, I know.

Just imagine how badly 2016 would have gone with almost anyone other than Hillary Clinton as the Presidential candidate. I dare say even Sanders might have won... God, that's almost as horrific a thought as Clinton winning is.

A nice middle of the road, or slightly right, democrat would have wiped the floor with Trump.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

Oh NO! I'm "that guy"! Not "that guy"!!! However will I sleep at night because I'm "that guy"? Oh no! And all because I told some super partisan poster on a conservative slanted website that he was giving bad political advice to the opposing political side based on an untruthful strawman. Advice that would be to the people's detriment if they followed through on it.

here is your chance to not look like a pinhead. Show me how I presented a straw man in the OP. I realize that's your go-to move, but I'm not sure it works every time.

Already did to another poster. You are welcome to read that and comment on it, but I'm not going to repeat myself to someone who gives out fake advice to people.

so you think that it's a strawman since nobody is actually interested in "impeaching 45"?

I didn't say nobody is interested in impeaching 45. I said Democrats aren't currently pursuing it as a goal to be elected in November.

Well, I suppose that was last week, this week it's the 25th amendment. Wait till next week when CNN tells you what to believe.

The 25th Amendment came from Trump's own cabinet with the New York op-ed. Democrats didn't bring that up lately (I think they may have said something about it around the time Trump assumed office but talks of it were quickly dropped if so). I know you guys want to believe he is secretly a Democrat, but nope. He's a Trumpkin.

I realize that people like Maxine Waters, Al Green, and Brad Sherman are idiot nobodies, but they sure are loud idiot nobodies.

Yeah? So is Trump. Welcome to social media. It's the idiot Mecca.

ETA: and it's not fake advice, it's exactly what I want, which is why I wrote it just like that.

Yes. We know it's what you want, but you don't give advice to achieve your goals. You give advice to help people achieve their goals. Hence my label of your advice being fake.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

58 Dem representatives thought enough of the idea to put their names on a yes vote for Green's stunt and 66 voted against tabling it. They all voted to give Nadler their top spot on the Judiciary committee, for example. The same Nadler who ran interference during the last impeachment hearings on Clinton and who has said Trump's presidency isn't legitimate. His experience with the subject was juwt a coincidence, I'm sure.

So while smarter minds recognized the damage it is doing to the Party, a not insignificant number of them are still screeching for impeachment even publicly, and I think all of them would like nothing more than to do it. They just see what it is doing to their numbers with moderates. Time to hide the fangs and put the sheepskin back on before midterms.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
At some point of course they will try to impeach him.

But after November, it's possible they might be satisfied with just crippling him, like the tea party did to Obama.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Oh, I know.

Just imagine how badly 2016 would have gone with almost anyone other than Hillary Clinton as the Presidential candidate. I dare say even Sanders might have won... God, that's almost as horrific a thought as Clinton winning is.

A nice middle of the road, or slightly right, democrat would have wiped the floor with Trump.

They did have that. I can't remember his name, but he was the guy running against both Hillary and Bernie.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

But after November, it's possible they might be satisfied with just crippling him, like the tea party did to Obama.

And comments like that show us that it's not about anything he has or hasn't done. It's really about having lost the election and revenge for Obama having been hampered because a good portion of us didn't go along with your Utopian visions because we don't want to be collectivized.

Now disagree with policy more than person, and there is principle there to work with.

Obama was a charming guy, still is, but I don't agree with his policy vision at all.
edit on 10-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The 25th Amendment came from Trump's own cabinet with the New York op-ed. Democrats didn't bring that up lately (I think they may have said something about it around the time Trump assumed office but talks of it were quickly dropped if so). 

3 days ago...
Warren calls for 25th Amendment, "It's time"

You're right though, they tried drafting a bill to have Trump examined and evaluated earlier...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

And comments like that show us that it's not about anything he has or hasn't done.

It's comments like this I find difficult to respond to because of absurdity. It's like when somebody calls Trump a liar, and someone demands that you prove it. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And comments like that show us that it's not about anything he has or hasn't done. It's really about having lost the election and revenge for Obama having been hampered because a good portion of us didn't go along with your Utopian visions because we don't want to be collectivized.

Now disagree with policy more than person, and there is principle there to work with.[/color]

Obama was a charming guy, still is, but I don't agree with his policy vision at all.

Altogether, this is the most shallow post you've ever written. I don't have a utopian vision.

I completely disagree with Agent Orange's policies.

Taking babies away from parents?
Telling Putin he thinks having Muellers' team go to Russia so his thugs can "help them investigate, is a great idea? By the way, what happened in that meeting? Yeah. I didn't think you knew. But hey, it's your country, what right do you have to know?

Giving huge tax breaks to the 1%?
Trying to ban all Muslims from the country?
Building a stupid wall?
His asinine ranting about NFL players?

Our civic institutions are there for a reason. He's trying to do away with them, which I greatly resent. Education. Energy. EPA.

I could go on, but I won't because frankly I don't want to. You say there is "principle to work with".
It's like talking to someone who has never heard of Donald trump and knows nothing about him.

And if you don't mind my thinking for myself, instead of trying to presume or guess what I think, Kat, I can tell you that I have no desire for 'revenge" against this man. I want him out of office solely based on the fact that I believe him to be unfit and too incompetent to lead our government.

And while we are having this little tête-à-tête, you can't seem to address me without some kind of insult or condescension, and when I return it, you get all offended, abusive, and play the victim.

Just stop.

edit on 9/10/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

If Dems take the house, the investigations begin in January. These probes will overwhelm the White House and flood the news cycle. You will hear nothing but the investigations for the next 6 months.

I remember Watergate.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I told my family I would drink a v8 if Trump gets impeached, and I hate v8.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

Add some vodka and a celery stick, sprinkle in a little hot sauce, and voila! Bloody Mary.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: angeldoll

If Dems take the house, the investigations begin in January. These probes will overwhelm the White House and flood the news cycle. You will hear nothing but the investigations for the next 6 months.

I remember Watergate.

It does make me smile to see how not long ago, we heard, "look at all the investigations into Hillary! That was a waste of time", but now that it's Trump, yea, no longer a waste of time. But at least you all are showing your true colors and it's clear to see if Mueller doesn't come up with what you want to hear, the tantrums will continue, on, and on, and on, and on..........

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

Use ZingZang, and do it like the Doll said. Looks enough like V8 for your punishment, but you will enjoy it much more. Oh, and use Absolute pepper. (for that little extra)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Running a douche seemed to work for the Rs, so why is that relevant? we keep hearing it isn't.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Running a douche seemed to work for the Rs, so why is that relevant? we keep hearing it isn't.

And now you can call him President Douche.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Now disagree with policy more than person, and there is principle there to work with.[/color]

Altogether, this is the most shallow post you've ever written. I don't have a utopian vision.

I completely disagree with Agent Orange's policies.

Taking babies away from parents?
Telling Putin he thinks having Muellers' team go to Russia so his thugs can "help them investigate, is a great idea? By the way, what happened in that meeting? Yeah. I didn't think you knew. But hey, it's your country, what right do you have to know?

Giving huge tax breaks to the 1%?
Trying to ban all Muslims from the country?
Building a stupid wall?
His asinine ranting about NFL players?

Our civic institutions are there for a reason. He's trying to do away with them, which I greatly resent. Education. Energy. EPA.

I could go on, but I won't because frankly I don't want to. You say there is "principle to work with".
It's like talking to someone who has never heard of Donald trump and knows nothing about him.

And if you don't mind my thinking for myself, instead of trying to presume or guess what I think, Kat, I can tell you that I have no desire for 'revenge" against this man. I want him out of office solely based on the fact that I believe him to be unfit and too incompetent to lead our government.

And while we are having this little tête-à-tête, you can't seem to address me without some kind of insult or condescension, and when I return it, you get all offended, abusive, and play the victim.

Just stop.

Time to deconstruct: 1)Giving huge tax breaks to the 1%? Tax breaks don't just go to the 1%. That is an outrageous lie and misrepresentation coming from the Democrat talking points. They are using Marxist class warfare with that statement, whether you understand or not. Either you don't understand or you are on board with it. It just happens that the wealthy actually do pay more in taxes. Thanks Progressive income tax from the Marxist plank, it isn't just an equal percentage of your income. The higher your income bracket the higher the percentage taken. I'm sure you know this on some level, but are unwilling to admit it. Middle Class does tend to take it harder, because they pay a fair amount in taxes but aren't rich enough to not feel the pain. Lower classes in poverty either pay little taxes or no taxes. That is the way it has been for decades and getting worse and worse. We are not even talking about the corporate tax, which in our country is higher than pretty much everywhere else already. Marxists have a load of bs they put out trying to cover this up with all their "pay their fair share" and cries of "corporate welfare". So there's that, and I hope you have learned something.
2)Trying to ban all Muslims from the country? Seriously? More untruth and hyperbole. Only those countries which have the highest number of terrorists to have come from those areas.... not ALL muslims. Also the President is trying to limit chain migration. That is pretty reasonable. People over stay their visas all the time. It's really a problem. Sharia Law is a problem. Sharia Law is not compatible with our US Constitution, and yet Progressives insist on promoting it because they hate the Constitution and they want to destroy the cultural norms we have instituted. Do you really want to import laws allowing multiple wives and honor killing? Honestly wtf is wrong with people.

3)Building a stupid wall? I noticed that you added a descriptive adjective in a pejorative manner. The wall is not stupid, nor are we for building it. It is keeping people from running the border wherever it exists. You may not like it, but it serves a valid purpose. It is one of the few solutions left. Obama was derelict in his duty to protect our United States, which was the one thing he should REALLY have been doing as COMMANDER IN CHIEF. As a result our real Commander in Chief Trump is doing it. What in the HECK was Obama doing inviting illegals to come over the border? We do know what he was doing and why, but some people such as yourself refuse to admit it's an actual attack on the sovereignty of America, and promote it in the name of diversity.

4)His asinine ranting about NFL players? Some of my avid football friends are not even paying attention, and they are as conservative as me. Most think it's an abuse for players who make so much money to use it as a platform to push their SJW cr&% on everyone else. And by the way, the original guy has connections to Linda Sarsour, one of the most radical muslim feminists anywhere.
5)And if you don't mind my thinking for myself. If only you were. It's clearly Democrat talking points, and I've heard them all from the liberal media.
6) want him out of office solely based on the fact that I believe him to be unfit and too incompetent to lead our government.
You do not appear to understand what "unfit" actually means. You have confused unfitness with the fact that his values do not mesh with your own Progressive ideas. Same as the rest of Democrats and Progressives.
7)Taking babies away from parents? Why are you still pushing this faulty narrative? You know as well as the rest of the country that the children in cages were from the Obama era. The laws which caused that were on the books from Progressives as well. Trump even modified things so that there would be less of this happening, but Progressives are still pushing the narrative because they think Americans are just too stupid to figure out what's really going on. It's already been shown that the vast majority of children not with parents crossed over unaccompanied, and still many more came over with coyotes. And you want to keep pushing the narrative for some crazy reason. You are unwilling to admit that most of these children could have been subjected to human trafficking, and that they could end up in some pedophile trap. Why do you refuse to understand this?
Your worldview is definitely different and I'm glad I'm not part of that.
When you decide to give us more of your talking points, I will deconstruct some more.

edit on 10-9-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Look, I don't really give a damn what you do.

as for the rest, I removed my post because it ain't worth trying to discuss anything with you.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Look, I don't really give a damn what you do. I gave my opinion, which I must say, is vastly superior to yours.

I read enough of your silly post to know I didn't' want to read it/you did't "deconstruct" anything. You just made yourself look like an ass.

I'm sure you don't care, because you are stuck in the Progressive mode. You are stuck in blind hatred. It isn't just my opinion, it's based on the debunking of the false propaganda of the Left.

Those who have ears to hear will, so I really don't care all that much if you read or not.
What I care about is I have given the other side to your ranting, and as Jesus said

And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.
Luke 19:40 KJV

As for the rest of your post, it's a subjective thing, but you have a right to a subjective opinion.
edit on 10-9-2018 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Tell you what. Let's just pretend like your blinding brilliance and self righteousness has left me speechless and leave it at that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join