It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left needs to impeach Trump.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
a reply to: introvert

Okay, lets try this again...

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Russian collusion perhaps? Last I heard, that was a real thing worth spending my hard earned tax dollars on the last 2 years or so.

Whereas you directly replied:

What's ironic is that there is a lot more to that Russia aspect than there was Benghazi and Clinton emails...yet we spent millions of our tax dollars on those complete political failures.

Yes, I replied discussing the irony regarding there being more to the Russia "aspect" that there was the others.

Did I say collusion?

Did I say obstruction?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I read it. Still did not explain why the Left needs to impeach Trump.

Because the right won't?

If the Dems take the house in November, there will be many more investigations. Many more. Team Trump is currently not staffed to handle the volume of questions they will be asked.

Mueller's report will come out. If Trump does not resign, then the House will vote to impeach.

What the Senate does is another matter. Unless the Dems take the Senate also....

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I really have to ask, do you honestly not understand what I wrote here, or are you just trying to be an ass due to your antagonistic tendencies?

I understand what you wrote here, but I do not understand how that addresses any "need". That is the word you used. If you did not mean "need", perhaps you need to use words that you do actually mean to use.

And you do have to laugh at the irony of your hypocrisy. Asking me if I am just trying to be an ass, while you have to resort to ad homs and acting like an ass...all because you cannot explain what you posted in the OP.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

I read it. Still did not explain why the Left needs to impeach Trump.

Because the right won't?

If the Dems take the house in November, there will be many more investigations. Many more. Team Trump is currently not staffed to handle the volume of questions they will be asked.

Mueller's report will come out. If Trump does not resign, then the House will vote to impeach.

What the Senate does is another matter. Unless the Dems take the Senate also....

I really hope they only take it to the level of impeachment if Trump's actions were legitimately out of line.

Knowing our luck, the Dems will be as petty as the Right, as we witnessed in the Clinton impeachment fiasco.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

That way I see it the OP acted like an ass when he wrote this travesty of a thread that gives faux-advice to people in order to motivate an opposing group of people to act against them.

In other words the OP basically said, "Liberals I want you to follow through on this strawman that Conservative media has crafted and I unquestionably believe so that Conservatives will FINALLY be justified in these strawman beliefs. They will get pissed off and vote against you."

THANKS for the advice OP! /sarc

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Knowing our luck, the Dems will be as petty as the Right, as we witnessed in the Clinton impeachment fiasco.

I hope for the US that the Dem's do the right thing, either way. However, Trump has a lot going against him right now. Several members of his election and administrative team have been convicted or plead guilty. It looks like he was into money deals with Russia since the 80's or 90's that look like money laundering.

I think the odds are that, depending on the mid-terms, he may resign. Then we get Pence, who is not my preference, but would be preferred to what looks like an out of control president, which I believe we have now.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That way I see it the OP acted like an ass when he wrote this travesty of a thread that gives faux-advice to people in order to motivate an opposing group of people to act against them.

In other words the OP basically said, "Liberals I want you to follow through on this strawman that Conservative media has crafted and I unquestionably believe so that Conservatives will FINALLY be justified in these strawman beliefs. They will get pissed off and vote against you."

Bingo.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So this is how you deflect? You pretend ignorance. Good to know for future reference not to waste my time with you. Thank you...

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

I hope for the US that the Dem's do the right thing, either way. However, Trump has a lot going against him right now. Several members of his election and administrative team have been convicted or plead guilty. It looks like he was into money deals with Russia since the 80's or 90's that look like money laundering.

I think the odds are that, depending on the mid-terms, he may resign. Then we get Pence, who is not my preference, but would be preferred to what looks like an out of control president, which I believe we have now.

What's funny is that if this situation continues in the direction it's going, we will be able to say that Trump was/is exactly what the Right feared from Hillary. In fact, we may be able to say that now, current facts considered.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

So this is how you deflect? You pretend ignorance. Good to know for future reference not to waste my time with you. Thank you...

Deflect? Did I not address the specific aspect you and I are discussing?

Perhaps you do not know what deflection is.

Perhaps you tried to catch me in a gotcha "trap" and you ended up stepping in it yourself.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

So the article in the OP was over your head too.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Trump was/is exactly what the Right feared from Hillary.

Or worse.

It is sad that the US has to go through the process of vetting a president AFTER the election. Well, the US will survive. We made it through Nixon.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The article that gives the exact opposite advice your thread is giving? To NOT talk about impeachment and make the election a referendum on it. Which is what the left is CURRENTLY doing. That article?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I really have to ask, do you honestly not understand what I wrote here, or are you just trying to be an ass due to your antagonistic tendencies?

I understand what you wrote here, but I do not understand how that addresses any "need". That is the word you used. If you did not mean "need", perhaps you need to use words that you do actually mean to use.

And you do have to laugh at the irony of your hypocrisy. Asking me if I am just trying to be an ass, while you have to resort to ad homs and acting like an ass...all because you cannot explain what you posted in the OP.

Well, I hope your nits were picked to your satisfaction.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The article that gives the exact opposite advice your thread is giving? To NOT talk about impeachment and make the election a referendum on it. Which is what the left is CURRENTLY doing. That article?

Yes, that article. The one that explained what happened the last time a president was impeached.
When Bill Clinton was impeached and instead of sinking him, it gave him more political power.

I wrote this OP from a perspective of a person who would like to see more of what we have now, and less of what you want. So yes, it's my wish that Maxine Waters and those like her get their wish.

You have something on your nose.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Cool. Then I understood everything and you are an ass for giving out fake advice.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Well, I hope your nits were picked to your satisfaction.

No. Not at all. You still haven't' explained where this "need" comes in to play.

It's almost as if you just made it up and decided to take your creation to it's own thread.

Again, I wouldn't have to "nit pick" if your OP made any damned sense whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

The lelft can't beat success, so they want to destroy it. Only a mentally sick American would vote for that.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Cool. Then I understood everything and you are an ass for giving out fake advice.

And you are that one guy.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

just so I fully understand you here, Obama would have enjoyed amazing success with his economy if he just has a bit more time? 8 years wasn't enough?

No? Obama entered office in the midst of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression. He left office with an economy that had recovered and experienced 2-3 years of solid growth.

I understand economic cycles exist, and I also understand that all of this isn't because of Trump, but if you deny that ANY of it wasn't due to Trump, I'd say you are at the level of a Silly poster and not at all worthy of listening to.

Well it's a good thing I didn't say anything of the sort then isn't it? Which begs the question, why insinuate that I might have?

Clearly the economy has continued its upward trajectory under Trump. It's also safe to assume that a significant part of the growth under Trump is because of tax cuts and massive deregulation. That is to say, economic growth is greater than it would have been without them.

Would the GOP tax cuts have passed under a different Republican president? Quite possibly. I mean, supply-side economics has been at the heart of the GOP economic agenda since the early 80's. The real question is what will the long term impact be? If the tax base doesn't broaden and tax revenue doesn't rise, then what?

And as you said, "economic cycles exist" — it's inevitable that there will be future recessions. If we go into a recession in year or two, will that be Trump's fault? Will that mean that this was actually bad economic policy or nah?

When he was elected the market jumped, when his policies worked, the market jumped. When he negotiated a better NAFTA, the market jumped. Do we credit Obama for those things?

You sure seem intent on painting me as trying to give Obama credit for things under Trump even though I haven't done any such thing. I already remarked on the "policies worked" bit. As for "he negotiated a better NAFTA" — not yet. The admin did negotiate some changes with Mexico that seem favorable enough and they're still negotiating with Canada.

And since you couldn't grasp my point, it's that Trump is still quite popular with his base, even if CNN and you don't believe it.

I grasped your point just fine. It wasn't some sort of super unique hot take: the base circles the wagons when their guy is under attack. Anyone who isn't new to US politics knows that Clinton gained support as he was being impeached. Not exactly a revelation.

I'm also quite aware that Trump is popular with his base. And? That's why they're "his base."

And you make me smile with that last line. I could almost see your nose up in the air while you were just about to step down off your high horse.

That's because you lack awareness of your own obnoxious smugness. I at least know I'm a snobbish asshole. Let me remind you of what I was responding to:

I get that if you are a dyed in the wool CNN fanboi, you likely don't know how things are at his rallys, or how fired up his supporters get. And these are regular people, not some group of elites who have little idea how middle class Americans live.

Grow a pair and own your #. If you didn't mean to insult tens of millions of people, then walk it back. If you did mean to, then don't hypocritically point your finger at other people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join