It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the left needs to impeach Trump.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

just so I fully understand you here, Obama would have enjoyed amazing success with his economy if he just has a bit more time? 8 years wasn't enough?

I understand economic cycles exist, and I also understand that all of this isn't because of Trump, but if you deny that ANY of it wasn't due to Trump, I'd say you are at the level of a Silly poster and not at all worthy of listening to.

When he was elected the market jumped, when his policies worked, the market jumped. When he negotiated a better NAFTA, the market jumped. Do we credit Obama for those things?

And since you couldn't grasp my point, it's that Trump is still quite popular with his base, even if CNN and you don't believe it. And you make me smile with that last line. I could almost see your nose up in the air while you were just about to step down off your high horse.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

Ok. So why does the Left need to impeach Trump?

You never actually did explain that part.

did you read the OP, or just the title?

Yes, I read both.

You never did explain why the Left needs to impeach Trump.

would you like me to explain it to you? If you can tell me what part you are missing, I'll do my best to fill you in.

Yes, please explain why the Left needs to impeach Trump.

Considering that was the title of the thread and I would assume the premise of the thread, I would have expected you to have done that in the OP, but you didn't.

LOL, OK, if you read the attached article, it's all about how when Bill Clinton was impeached, it didn't empower the Republicans and make them heroes at all, in fact, it had the exact opposite effect. All this was explained in the attached story.

So, now that folks on the left are screaming for impeachment, it has been suggested (again, by the attached article) that such a thing might well have the same effect if it was done this time. And to add my own touch to the article, I mentioned how Trumps base seems to be strong mainly due to all the push back of the left, which falls right in line with the article in the OP.

Most other readers seemed to understand what I was saying, so it's sad that this had to take up space, but I suppose it's best, so as not to leave some posters confused and feeling left out. I'm sorry I didn't write it all out like that to start with. It was wrong of me to assume people would understand the message.
edit on 10-9-2018 by network dude because: bad splers

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

For starters, you spoke about collusion, not obstruction. But even there, it would be obstuction to the bogus collusion investigation for which he isn't being investigate.... Seriously how do you people not stumble over yourselves in your false circuitous logic?

Regarding Hillary's intent.. well the statute called for gross negligence. Gross negligence was the exactly the wording used by Comey until Peter Strozk "corrected" it for him. C'mon, she destroyed subpoenaed evidence. How is that not obstruction? It is literally in the definition of obstruction of justice. She knew what she was doing. And even if she did not intent to allowed foreign powers to hack her personal account, using an unsecured method of storing and sending classified info is indeed gross negligence because any resononable person knew it would be possible.

edit on 10-9-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: knoxie

Ok. So why does the Left need to impeach Trump?

You never actually did explain that part.

we just want trump impeached - that's their new schtick since they don't have Hillary to bash incessantly anymore.

it's funny.

why hasn't Hillary been "locked up" ?

Because she's still got half the corrupt world governments backing her.
Including the very agency responsible for investigating and reporting on her crimes- the FBI.
As long as they're still covering up for clinton crimes, no real evidence will ever go public.

sure.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Of course. Never mind the fact that there is no precedence to charge her without proof of intent, it must have been the tarmac conspiracy that let her go.

Right?

Intent. Can that be used with Trump as well? If he is charged with something, we can argue that he didn't intend to do bad things. I mean, Hillary is a super smart person, and she didn't understand what she was doing, Trump is an idiot, so surely his intent would be questionable?

Intent.......whatever makes you sleep better knowing you are living a lie.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

LOL, OK, if you read the attached article, it's all about how when Bill Clinton was impeached, it didn't empower the Republicans and make them heroes at all, in fact, it had the exact opposite effect. All this was explained in the attached story.

I read it. Still did not explain why the Left needs to impeach Trump.

So, now that folks on the left are screaming for impeachment, it has been suggested (again, by the attached article) that such a thing might well have the same effect if it was done this time. And to add my own touch to the article, I mentioned how Trumps base seems to be strong mainly due to all the push back of the left, which falls right in line with the article in the OP.

Ok. So again, why do they need to impeach him?

Most other readers seemed to understand what I was saying, so it's sad that this had to take up space, but I suppose it's best, so as not to leave some posters confused and feeling left out.

Your appeal to the majority is irrelevant.

I'm sorry I didn't write it all out like that to start with. It was wrong of me to assume people would understand the message.

You still haven't explained why they need to impeach him.

You've discussed your opinion and the potential effects, but have not explained the need to impeach.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If "they" impeach him, it has a good chance to motivate the right to vote and might empower them as it did the left when this happened to Bill Clinton. Are you sure you read the article in the OP?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: timequake

For starters, you spoke about collusion, not obstruction.

No, I didn't. The comment I responded to did not mention either. Here is what you said:

Considering that Trump, himself, after two years isn't technically being investigated, and Clinton was directly investigated, I would have to say that there was obviously more to the potential charges against her.

Neither you or I mentioned collusion or obstruction. It only mentioned investigations.

So my comment stands.

Regarding Hillary's intent.. well the statute called for gross negligence. Gross negligence was the exactly the wording used by Comey until Peter Strozk "corrected" it for him. C'mon, she destroyed subpoenaed evidence. How is that not obstruction? It is literally in the definition of obstruction of justice. She knew what she was doing. And even if she did not intent to allowed foreign powers to hack her personal account, using an unsecured method of storing and sending classified info is indeed gross negligence because any resononable person knew it would be possible.

Been through this many times. Find me one case similar to this was prosecuted without intent.

You wont find it, because intent is required by DoJ standards.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

If "they" impeach him, it has a good chance to motivate the right to vote and might empower them as it did the left when this happened to Bill Clinton. Are you sure you read the article in the OP?

Motivation is different than need.

Are you sure you understand the English language?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

so you're the ones that want trump impeached.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Actually you did:

What's ironic is that there is a lot more to that Russia aspect than there was Benghazi and Clinton emails...yet we spent millions of our tax dollars on those complete political failures.

Silly boy, you quoted me in an attempt to deny that you said something. But its okay, I found it for you.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Motivation is different than need.

Are you sure you understand the English language?

Wow, this is embarrassing. OK, so the article explains why impeaching him might be bad for the left. I am not on the left. If things went bad for the left and good for the right, I would be happy. So while the left screams "IMPEACH TRUMP" I now agree, but or different reasons.

Do you always have this much of a hard time understanding simple concepts, or are you just being purposefully obtuse to make yourself look like a hero to your two fans?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Yeah, nobody knows about the top secret Trump rallies that are always televised. It's a complete mystery to anyone who doesn't watch Fox News. You know all of us chortling elites with our monocles, Scrooge McDucking it in our piles of cash.

Didn't you hear? We sent in an operative to uncover the secrets of "the Trump Rally". Unfortunately Trump's stupidity was too strong for him and he was ejected for making faces behind him.

link   

originally posted by: timequake

Actually you did:

What's ironic is that there is a lot more to that Russia aspect than there was Benghazi and Clinton emails...yet we spent millions of our tax dollars on those complete political failures.

Silly boy, you quoted me in an attempt to deny that you said something. But its okay, I found it for you.

Funny. I do not see anything about obstruction or collusion specifically in that quote.

What did you find again?

link   

originally posted by: knoxie

so you're the ones that want trump impeached.

I am but 1 person, I thought that was clear.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Wow, this is embarrassing. OK, so the article explains why impeaching him might be bad for the left. I am not on the left. If things went bad for the left and good for the right, I would be happy. So while the left screams "IMPEACH TRUMP" I now agree, but or different reasons.

It does talk about how impeachment might be bad for the Left, but it did not discuss need.

Do you always have this much of a hard time understanding simple concepts, or are you just being purposefully obtuse to make yourself look like a hero to your two fans?

Perhaps I have a different understanding of the term "need".

You seem to be confusing it with desire and what may not be good for them in general, but not need specifically.

And Yes. I want to look like a hero to my two fans. That makes sense, right? You are a grown man, and this is the crap you come up with?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I personally will be happy when and if we see justice prevail. And believe me when I say that if Trump is guilty of something, I want justice there as well.

Just remember to post your 'happy' picture to the board when Trump is taken, kicking and squealing to Guantanamo....I'll keep an eye out for it.

BTW, maybe this thread should be in the rant forum too.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Okay, lets try this again...

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Russian collusion perhaps? Last I heard, that was a real thing worth spending my hard earned tax dollars on the last 2 years or so.

Whereas you directly replied:

edit on 10-9-2018 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I really have to ask, do you honestly not understand what I wrote here, or are you just trying to be an ass due to your antagonistic tendencies?

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I personally will be happy when and if we see justice prevail. And believe me when I say that if Trump is guilty of something, I want justice there as well.

Just remember to post your 'happy' picture to the board when Trump is taken, kicking and squealing to Guantanamo....I'll keep an eye out for it.

BTW, maybe this thread should be in the rant forum too.

you must be new here. Welcome. I am of the opinion that if Trump does something wrong, punish him to the full extent of the law. But before you do that, make DAMN sure you treated everyone the same. Is that fair?

And when you become a Mod, you can do whatever you like. Till then, tears might be the best you can hope for.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join