It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump may declassify Carter Page, Bruce Ohr documents as soon as this week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Important FYI

A Big Reason Why it's taking so long for FISA, 302's and other documents to be Declassified. (The Declassification was first requested by 2 House committees back on June 14th.)

The PRO-Declassification attorney (Don McGhan) had to recuse himself and his entire staff from anything related to the Russia investigation, due to Mueller interviewing him for 34 hours over the Summer. (Cunning/crafty Bob Mueller!)

The ANTI-Declassification attorney (Emmet Flood) is now in charge, and (of course) is moving at a snail's pace.

Twitter thread: twitter.com...

Detailed Article on McGhan's recusal: www.politico.com...

If you recall, it took only 4 days for the "Nunes Memo" to be scrubbed and declassified by the White House. This was before Mueller had ham-strung McGhan and his staff.
edit on 9/12/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Or the more logical reason is that it does not support their position or their claims. This has been ongoing for almost 2 years..

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Page had already left the campaign.

Again that is irrelevant.

First they tried to get a fisa warrant on page while he was in the campaign, and it was denied.

Please support this claim.

The FBI rightly applied for and was granted a FISA Warrant in 2013 and 2014 when Page admittedly was communicating with Russian Spies, two of which are now serving jail time. Page claimed he was "unwittingly" offering to provide them with information at the time.

FISA warrants require renewal every 90 days, so the last warrant in 2014 would still not be active in 2016.

Can you please show me where the FBI applied for a FISA warrant while page was still with the campaign?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

They did watch the russians. One of them is in jail now for being a spy.
They were looking to recruit Page.

Where is you proof they were looking to recruit page?

Transcripts of communications from the indictment of the spies Page was working with in 2013
VP:
[Male-1]
wrote that he is sorry, he went to Moscow and forgot to check his inbox, but he wants to meet when he gets
back.

I think he is an idiot and forgot who I am. Plus he writes to me in Russian [to] practice the language.

He (Carter Page) flies to Moscow more often than I do. He got hooked on Gazprom thinking that if they have a project, he could be rise up. Maybe he can.

I don't know, but it's obvious that he wants to earn lots of money .

IS:
Without a doubt.

VP:
He said that they have a new project right now, new energy boom

VP:
He says that it is about to take off. I don't say anything for now.

IS:
Yeah, first we will spend a couple of borrowed million and then

VP:
[UI] [laughs] it's worth it. I like that he takes on everything.
For now his enthusiasm works for me.
I also promised him a lot: that I have connections in the Trade Representation, meaning you, that you can push contracts

[laughs].
I will feed him empty promises.

IS:
#, then he will write me.

Not even me, to our clean one.

VP:
I didn't say the Trade Representation . . .
I did not even indicate that this is connected to a government agency.

This is intelligence method to cheat, how else to work with foreigners?
You promise a favor for a favor. You get the documents from him and tell him to go # himself.

But not to upset you, I will take you to a restaurant and give you an expensive gift.

You just need to sign for it.

This is ideal working method.

Russian Spies Tried to Recruit Carter Page Before He Advised Trump
www.nytimes.com...

Why Carter Page Was Worth Watching
www.politico.com...

Trump campaign adviser Carter Page met with Russian spy in 2013
www.chicagotribune.com...

Russian Spy Met Trump Adviser Carter Page and Thought He Was an ‘Idiot’
foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yes perhaps you missed the next paragraph I wrote saying there were allegations they tried to recruit him before he was on trumps team

And as I said, he ended up working with the fbi in those instances to help charge Russian criminals

So where is the proof they tried to recruit him again once he was on trumps team

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Silly was referring to 2013 when you responded and asked for proof they were trying to recruit him.

Look at the thread.

I am still waiting for you to back up your claim the FBI applied for a FISA warrant while Carter Page was working on the Campaign.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Silly was referring to 2013 when you responded and asked for proof they were trying to recruit him.

Look at the thread.

I am still waiting for you to back up your claim the FBI applied for a FISA warrant while Carter Page was working on the Campaign.

Yes many people mention that page being targeted by russians in 2013 as a reason to have fisa applications against him in 2016.

They conveniently dont mention page worked with the FBI against the russian criminals in that case.

As far as evidence that the FBI tried to get a fisa warrant while page was still on the team.

The Guardian has learned that the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus. According to one report, the FBI was finally granted a warrant in October, but that has not been confirmed, and it is not clear whether any warrant led to a full investigation.

www.slate.com...

The Guardian reports that the FBI applied for the warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer to keep an eye on Mr Trump team members suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials.

Fisa reportedly turned it down in June 2016 and asked investigators to narrow their focus.

The warrant was reportedly granted in October, but it is not clear whether any full investigation took place.

www.independent.co.uk...

In June, the Obama Justice Department submitted an application that apparently “named” Trump in addition to some of his associates. As I have stressed, it is unclear whether “named” in this context indicates that Trump himself was cited as a person the Justice Department was alleging was a Russian agent whom it wanted to surveil. It could instead mean that Trump’s name was merely mentioned in an application that sought to conduct surveillance on other alleged Russian agents. President Trump’s tweets on Saturday claimed that “President Obama . . . tapp[ed] my phones[,]” which makes it more likely that Trump was targeted for surveillance, rather than merely mentioned in the application.

In any event, the FISA court reportedly turned down the Obama Justice Department’s request, which is notable: The FISA court is notoriously solicitous of government requests to conduct national-security surveillance (although, as I’ve noted over the years, the claim by many that it is a rubber-stamp is overblown).

Not taking no for an answer, the Obama Justice Department evidently returned to the FISA court in October 2016, the critical final weeks of the presidential campaign. This time, the Justice Department submitted a narrowly tailored application that did not mention Trump. The court apparently granted it, authorizing surveillance of some Trump associates.

www.nationalreview.com...

So yes, there was an intiall warrant requested in June 2016 of trump associates, that was tailored down to be the warrant in october against page that was accepted.

Showing that yes, the FBI was in fact interested in getting info on people in trumps campaign while they were still involved in teh campaign.

And again, they were still able to get access to all of pages communications while in the campaign, which means the fact he was no longer in the campaign was irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

"Trump Associates" does not equate to "Trump Campaign Members".
Given the wide circle of sketchy people "associated" with Trump, it would be odd to assume they were all official campaign members.

The Guardian report is an unsourced outlier.

More to the point, the GOP in Congress and Trump himself have reviewed all of the un-redacted FISA applications and have never claimed what you are claiming.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Get ready to get boom-bopped.

Your heart will sink faster than a lead sinker.

🎃

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join